Flight Only / Airline and Airports

Discussions relating to flight only, airlines and airports.
Stu308,

The flight operates between 07/05/2010 and 29/10/2010.

Darren
Darren,

Sorry to trouble you again. I just tried to find out if my flight took off on time this morning (as I usually check before each year before a holiday!) but I can't find it? Haven't my flight numbers started yet this year? Hope that makes sense!

Cheers
Helen

PS What's the difference between a 200 and 300 series?
helenbxx,

We are currently in the winter season for holidays, and hence winter flight schedules. Your flights comes under the summer flight schedules. The flight you are on therefore only operates bewteen May and October. That's why you can't see it at the moment. There are flights to Alicante on the winter schedule on a Saturday as it's a year-round destination, but the flight numbers are TOM2674/5 and TOM2624/5, and operate between November and April. You'll find aircraft details on our Wht aircraft? guide. The 767-300/ER is a larger aircraft than the 757-200; 328 seats compared to 235.

Darren
Hi Darren, I'm flying to Sharm El Sheikh on 28th June from Manchester, I think the flight number is TOM876, and returning on 5th July. Could you tell me the aircraft I will be flying on?

Thanks in advance.
jayesh,

Welcome onboard :tup
MAN-SSH-MAN (TOM876/7) are operated by a Boeing 757-200 (winglets). You'll find further aircraft information on our What Aircraft? guide (link below).

Darren
Hi
I am new to this forum so sorry if this has been asked before!
We are flying to Cancun from Birmingham on 5th - 19th July TOM568/569. Could you please tell me what plane type this will be. I have also just booked seats 9 A&B in premium - do these seats have a window?
Many Thanks
Dodgey,

BHX-CUN-BHX (TOM568/9) are operated by a former First Choice Boeing 767-300/ER. You'll find further aircraft information on our What Aircraft? guide (link below). Row 9 in the premium cabin (last row) doesn't have windows as it's where some of the wiring and air conditioning system is routed. Rows forward of 9 all have windows. This photo of the forward section of the aircraft shows where the premium cabin is located. Row 9 is roughtly where the 'ce' in First Choice is.

Darren
Thank you so much for the quick reply.
Hi Darren,

Sorry to intrude on the previous post, but you kindly supplied me with info recently regarding row 9 in Premium, but due to there being no window, am now thinking of row 1 seats C, D and E. Is there much room towards the front of the aircraft should I wish to stretch my legs?

Thanks.
Pat
pat,

Those seats are behind a bulkhead. There's a bit of room, but those with long legs won't be able to strech them out fully like at exit rows.

Darren
Quick Question
TOM094 fro Gatwick to Holguin, Cuba.
I believe it is a767 with Thomsonair
Got front row tickets in premium seats 1c and 1d. How do people on the right of the cabin get to the toilet as I don`t want them trampling over me.
AlanK48,

Passengers wishing to cross from the starboard to port side, where the toilet (in premium) is located need to pass through the galley area at the front of the cabin. Since you are on the port side, you'll have easy access as it's just infront of you. Passengers are asked not to cross the cabin using the front rows, but some invariably do.

Darren
Dazbo HT Mod wrote:
AlanK48,

Passengers wishing to cross from the starboard to port side, where the toilet (in premium) is located need to pass through the galley area at the front of the cabin. Since you are on the port side, you'll have easy access as it's just infront of you. Passengers are asked not to cross the cabin using the front rows, but some invariably do.

Darren

Darren when I have been located in premium before with the same scenario, Cabin staff would not allow to cros the cabin at all so you had to go back behind the curtain to use the facilities in the economy seating area
Miss Pink,

That's sometimes the case on the former Thomsonfly aircraft, but on the Former First Choice, the forward toilet is exclusively for premium passengers and are requested to use that one rather than use the economy section. It's often easier to use the economy section if you're sat on the starboard side, but pasengers should always stay within their designated cabins (within reason).

Darren
I agree, but one of the passengers who was in premium too also had that reasoning, but the cabin crew would not have passengers walking through the gallery from the otherside of the plane to reach the toilet so they had to go back. As i recall he was rather cross and commented why should he pay premuim prices if he then had to use economy toilets or something similar
Hi Dazbo I'm booked on Tom 356 out and Tom 357 back.
DSA Bodrum DSA do you know the a/c being operated on this route?
Thanks
magnentius,

DSA-BJV-DSA (TOM356/7) are operated by a Boeing 737-300. You'll find further aircraft information on our What Aircraft? guide (link below).

Darren
The toilets are the same throughout the aircraft now, The premium cabin does not get anything extra and following a nasty accident with a customer in the smaller ex-Thomsonfly galley most crew are unwilling to risk a repeat of this.

Afterall, you wouldn't walk through a kitchen in a restaurant to get to a toilet you would use the nearest toilet to your table, which in this instance is only 5 rows behind the premium cabin. I personally don't see the issue. I travel in various level of cabins and when streching my legs walking around the aircraft I use any toilet available I don't feel that an economy toilet is beneath me.

The majority of customers believe crew try to be awkward towards customers in various situations from putting bags away correctly to crossing a busy, and potentially dangerous galley when we are really doing it for your benefit and safety. There is a reason for everything we do and it's not to be pedantic or awkward with you, honest. ;)
Holiday Truths Forum
Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.