Flight Only / Airline and Airports

Discussions relating to flight only, airlines and airports.
woodsinbolton,

MAN-MBA-MAN (TOM142/3) should be operated by a former First Choice Boeing 767-300/ER (winglets). I'll be able to confirm this from May. Kenya is a great country, the wildlife and scenery is not to be missed. I'm hoping to go back next year. You can reserve specific seat numbers from 60 days before your departure date. More details on Thomsons website. I'm off to Mexico with them later this year and will be selecting my seat as soon as the opening date arrives :tup

Darren
Yes it will be an ex-FC 767, Probably G-DBLA or G-PJLO one of those two aircraft seem to be assigned to the route for May.
Flying Manchester/Pula in June on TOM306/TOM307.
Have just booked my specific seats on the new (excellent) Thomson airways website and was surprised to see it's 2,4,2 seating and not 3,3. Does this mean I get a 767 - and - any chance really lucky and get seatback IFE?
ukbill,

MAN-PUY-MAN (TOM306/7) are scheduled to be operated by a Boeing 767-304/ER (winglets). All but one aircraft have seat back IFE.

Darren
Thanks Darren - a 3 minutes response time - amazing!!
Darren,

Is G-OBYH the ex Thomson 767 without seatback IFE? If so do you know if its going to be fitted with seat back anytime in the near future? thanks a lot
Alex
alexblfc,

G-OBYH is operating for TuiFly Nordic through the winter season, but should returned to TOM for the summer. As far as I know, it'll be in the 328 seat all economy configuration and hasn't had seat back IFE fitted. It has a nice pair of blended winglets though.

Darren
Darren

Thanks for the info, when does the summer period start? because I'm off to Egypt on the 4th July and I'm hoping we don't get the one plane that doesn't have seat back ife!

thanks again

Alex
alexblfc,

End of next week. Summer season for charter airlines is May - October. Winter is November - April.

Darren
Hey Darren,

I posted last year in the Thomas Cook section asking about my holiday to Crete TCX727K/L.

This year me and my family are booking a holiday to Corfu, from Cardiff on the 13th of August, we dont know the flight number yet but I've done some research and it appears to be TOM6506/7?
If this is the case, do you happen to know the aircraft I'll be travelling on?
Cheers, Tom.

[edit] sorry, just read back through and it appears to be a 757.
Hhi darren
going to kefalonia 20 th june tom 2708 from manchester what type of plane would i be on
thanks.
tomcardiff,

Welcome back :tup
CWL-CFU-CWL (TOM6506/7) are operated by a Boeing 757-200 (winglets). You'll find further aircraft information on our What Aircraft? guide (link below).

Darren
bripat,

MAN-EFL-MAN (TOM2708/9) are operated by a Boeing 757-200 (winglets). You'll find further aircraft information on our What Aircraft? guide (link below).

Darren
I'm flying Bristol - Sanford on 30th May. First Choice brochure mention a tech stop and no mention is Thomsons! But flight times are just over 8 hours yet Gatwick is 10 hours. I'm a bit confused as to whether there is a tech stop or not!! Thanks
morgaln,

Welcome onboard :tup
Please quote flight numbers when asking about flights as there's often several flights, we can make sure we have the correct flight then. Are you on the TOM586/7? The flight operates non-stop from Bristol to Sanford. It's only the longer flights, for example Cancun that stop in Manchester for fuel outbound. This is becasue Bristols runway isn't long enough to allow the aircraft to take off with the required fuel load, so stops in Manchester to brim the tanks and take off on MAN's much longer runway.

Darren
Thanks Darren, also enjoying your trip reports on airliners.net :D
Hi,

We are flying london gatwick to bodrum on 29th July, taking off at 0700. Does anyone know what the breakfast is like on the flight (have paid for in-flight meals). We flew with first choice/thomson last year and had lunch on the flights and these were fine, but someone mentioned to me that breakfast is only cereal and fruit - I hope not!!! Don't think my 7 year old will be impressed!!

Any ideas?

Thanks

Nicola
nicsim,

Assuming it's not changed for the summer season, the breakfast is actually quite nice:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v288/Dazbo5/IMG_9543.jpg

Port saussage, omelette, hash brown and tomatoes with fruit, fresh orange, a bun with jam or marmalade and served tea or coffee. It's normally only a continental breakfast (second meal) inbound on long haul flights, I can't ever remember having only that on short / mid haul. I'd be dissapointed if it was!

EDIT: An example of the long haul breakfast snack box:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v288/Dazbo5/TOM145-Snack.jpg

Darren
Holiday Truths Forum
Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.