Flight Only / Airline and Airports

Discussions relating to flight only, airlines and airports.
MARIES2508,

BHX-SFB-BHX (TOM258/9) are currently operated by a former First Choice Boeing 767-300/ER (winglets). You'll find further aircraft information on our What Aircraft? guide (link below) including photos and seating plans. You'll receive a meal approximately 2 hours after take off and a snack 90 minutes before landing.

Darren
jdl1974 :wave
All of the ex-first choice aircraft bulkhead seats have a cut out section located at the bottom on the bulkhead. This means you will be able to strech your legs into this space. The ex-Tfly aircraft do not have this option.

Hope this helps
Dazbo,

We are going out to Bodrum from NCL on 20/5 on TOM764, returning on TOM 765. Row 9c/d on the outbound, 6c/d inbound.

According to NCL website, this is a 757, but are the IFE screens aisle mounted CRT's or some other arrangement?

Thanks in advance.

Oh, and if anyone has an idea of the movies and/or menu, I'd appreciate that as well.

:D
IainB99,

You'll find the information on our What Aircraft? guide (link below). Flights are operated by a wingletted Boeing 757-200's. G-CPEU and G-OOBC (ex-FCA) are up there at the moment, but this can change.

Darren
We are flying from manchester-cancun on tom144.Could anyone tell me how long into the flight do you have the inflight meal,and are any refreshments provided for non premium passengers.
daveg,

Refer to my post to MARIES2508 above. You'll have a choice of tea, coffee or orange squash with meals. All other refreshments are chargable.

Darren
I'm curious to know as to why forum users ask whether they're flying on an ex-first choice plane or a Thomsons? Is there a difference between the two? Is one better than the other?

Many Thanks
Helen
helenbxx

It is personal but some people, for longhaul, prefer one to the other. I favour First Choice. They are configured differently. Ex FCA longhaul are 2-3-2 throughout, ex Thomsonfly are 2-3-2 in the premium cabin and 2-4-2 in economy. The seats are slightly different. The interiors are different colours. Ex Thomsonfly are dark blue whereas ex FCA are a lighter greeny/turquoisy/bluey colour ( I am sure I just made half of those words up :rofl ) which, to me, makes the cabin feeler larger and airier but no major differences that I have noticed.
HI, as my son's flying to Cancun from Bristol exactly 2 weeks today, I've been trying to track last Saturday's and this morning's flights. However, nothing showed up on the bristol departure board last Saturday and nothing again this morning. Does anybody know if this flight has started yet or will my son be on the first flight of the season from Bristol to Cancun? thanks
shirley h :wave:

As the flight goes via Manchester it shows on the Bristol website as the TOM518 to Manchester. The flight went last week and has also departed today. It goes via Manchester as the runway at Bristol is too short for a fully loaded 767 bound for Cancun.

Hope this helps
Thanks Newbie,
I knew it was going via manchester but didn't realise that it would show up as a Bristol to Manchester flight as it's final destination is Cancun. So if I checked the Manchester website would it show up for departure to cancun under the same flight number.
Thanks
shirley h,

It won't show up on the Manchester website as it does not stop to pick up passengers, it only stops for fuel.

I don't quite know why Bristol are listing it as Manchester, last year they gave Cancun as the destination

Gower
I
don't quite know why Bristol are listing it as Manchester, last year they gave Cancun as the destination

Thanks Gower. I thought that was a bit strange too. It could result in a bit of confusion for anybody who doesn't know the flight goes via manchester.

My son's laughing at the thought of the gang of them all dressed in their shorts and holiday gear at the airport in this miserable weather. Anybody seeing them board a plane bound for Manchester will think they're off their heads :rofl
Hi, can you tell me please if flight TOM840/841 on 18th May MAN-MUH-MAN is on a 737-800 as previously advised?

Thank you.
JasonMack,

There have been no listed changes to your flights.

Darren
Firstly I wanted to say thank-you for all the information that is on here. It has been a great help. I've tried to look through as much as I can before posting any questions however I hope you can help with these...
- We are flying Thomson 15th of June, Birmingham - Punta Cana, can you please confirm the flight config for this flight.
- What are should we expect in the economy amenity pack?
- Last time we flew long haul we were able to pay an extra £5 per person on board to upgrade our IFE: Can we do this again? Do we get the extra "premium" films? Do we have to pay this both ways?

Hope you can help or point me in the direction of where to find this out.
Thanks in advance

Emily
ekingy,

Welcome onboard :tup
BHX-PUJ-BHX (TOM670/1) are currently operated by a former First Choice Boeing 767-300/ER (winglets). You'll find further aircraft information on our What Aircraft? guide (link below). I posted amenity kit details here. Passengers in the economy cabin can upgrade to the premium IFE for £5 per seat, per flight. mrdisco posted the long haul IFE for May / June here.

Darren
Thanks for the really quick reply Darren
Hi, we're flying from Manchester to Cancun on TOM144 on 25th July 2010 - can you tell me whether this will be a first choice or thompsonfly plane and what the seating configuration is - we are in the premium seats.
Holiday Truths Forum
Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.