Flight Only / Airline and Airports

Discussions relating to flight only, airlines and airports.
AirQuake,

You wouldn't have booked the wrong seats. When you go in to the seat selection screen, it will show the seat plan of the correct aircraft type.

Darren
gavinmcconville,

Welcome onboard :tup
LGW-LRM-LGW (TOM062/3) are currently operated by a former First Choice Boeing 767-300/ER. You'll find further aircraft information on our What Aircraft? guide (link below). The flight prior to yours is normally TOM092/3 to/from Cancun, Mexico.

Darren
Hi Darren - I normally book by phone (only option I think last year) - would've just looked at your links for the seating plan for a 738 then asked for those seats!

Anyway I think I'll have to wait another couple of weeks before I can book due to not going until August.

Once again thanks for your help - it's always informative on here!
:tup

Cheers
AQ
Hi Dazbo,

Wonder whether you can shed some light on todays TOM 258 flight Birmingham to Sanford. It was due to leave at 9.15 this morning but don't appear to have gone yet I have tried another website and it states that it's gonna be departing 600mins after schedule. I am due to fly out on this flight in 2 weeks and will be horrified if there is a long delMany Thanks.

Marie
Hi,

Would any one know what the incoming flight prior to Tom108 from manchester to Holguin is likley to be. I think I have narrowed it down to Tom 0119 or Tom 0145 I think.

Thanks
gooner1977,

The flight before yours is currently TOM118/9 to/from Sanford.

Darren
MARIES2508,

Delays can happen to any flight for a wide range of reasons and previous flight history of a delay doesn't mean the flight on the day you fly will suffer from a delay. The airline will strive to keep to schedule as it's as much an inconvenience to them as it is for passengers.

Darren
Hi
Due to fly from Gatwick tomorrow to Orlando Sanford at 10.30am.
Wondering when I will be able to find out if that flight will be delayed or not? Do I still need to travel to the airport for normal check in time or if it is delayed can I leave it until later? I have children to sort out and it would just make life so much easier that way.
Where is the plane coming from for this flight does anyone know so I can possibly track it for a general idea?
Many thanks
kaz1102,

Welcome onboard :tup
You'll know if your flight is delayed or not when you get to the airport and check-in or at the boarding gate. You need to check-in at the time specified for your flight, regardless of any delays or not. Always assume your flight is on-time for check-in purposes. This is to ensure passengers are at the airport and ready in case anything changes. Please quote flight numbers when requesting aircraft information to ensure we get the right information for you. LGW-SFB-LGW (TOM048/9) are currently operated by a former First Choice Boeing 767-300/ER (winglets). The aircraft normally operates TOM082/3 to/from Varadero, Cuba. Todays flight is currently delayed by about 10.5 hours I'm afraid so don't be surprised if you encounter a knock-on delay. I'm sure Thomson will be doing everything they can to minimise any delay you may be subjected to.

Darren
Thanks Darren for that info. Not great news though :( I hate delays. O well. Lets hope the sun is shining when I get there
Hi,

Flying to Corfu on 4 June from Manchester at 8.05am on flight TOM2518.
Anyone know what plane this is , seat config etc and where its been prior to this flight.

Thanks.
button216,

MAN-CFU-MAN (TOM2518/9) are operated by a Boeing 757-200 (winglets). You'll find further aircraft information on our What Aircraft? guide (link below). The inbound aircraft could be one of several flights.

Darren
Darren,

Can you tell me why the Ex-Tom 767-300ER's are configured 2-4-2 and the ex-First Choice 767-300ER's are 2-3-2? Is it due to the seat style being different or do the First Choice ones have it like that because they are mainly used for long haul flights and space it out more to make the passengers feel more comfortable? Also why up until recently were some of the ex-Tom 767's operating with drop down IFE instead of seatback?

Thanks alot

Alex
alexblfc,

Simply becuse that's how Britannia Airways / Thomsonfly and First Choice configured them when they were seperate entities. They were seperate tour operators up until the 3rd quarter of 2008. First Choice took the bold move to remove seats and obtain further aircraft to expend in to the long haul sector around 2006 and wanted to provide improved inflight facilities to revolutionise the long haul charter market. This proved sucessful and the other airlines soon followed suite. You have to remember it costs considerable money to refurbish aircraft and install such facilities as seat back screen. You're looking at millions per aircraft. It's not something you can do overnight and you need to factor in downtime, ie lost revenue. It's normally done when aircraft are in for heavy maintenance and done at the same time.

Darren
Hi,

I'm flying with Thomson, East Midlands to Cancun, 27 Jul 2010 flight TOM 866,
Could you tell me which aircraft it will be and also what seat rows have extra leg room?

Any ideas when the IFE will be available for July too?!

Cheers in advance

R
rwieczorek,

EMA-CUN-EMA (TOM866/7) are currently operated by a former Thomsonfly Boeing 767-300/ER. You'll find further aircraft information including photos and seating plans on our What aircraft? guide (link below). Extra legroom rows are indicated on the seat plans and are available by pre-booking at extra costs. They are located by the doors and row 6. IFE for July won't be realeased until the beginning of July.

Darren
Sorry if this has been posted before but could I have a link for the films that are showing on long haul this month please? Son's off to Cancun in 9 days and would like to know. Thanks
http://www.holidaytruths.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=38&t=68846&p=1453871#p1453871

Due to a delay in receiving the updated movies from Thomson Airways supplier(alledgedly the previous ash clouds fault!!) and now the massive delays with the current Ash cloud it may take a while for the IFE to be updated. Thomson Airways 7 long haul aircraft are all operating with March/Aprils movie selection at the moment.

Each aircraft require about 1-3hours and one engineer to update the movie content, while they are quickly turning an aircraft around for each flight in about 45mins-1hour they cannot delete and reload new movies in time, as all the engineers are concetrating on priority repairs to aircraft to keep them safe and flying.

hope this helps :)
With all the huge delays at Gatwick etc, how will Thomson ever catch up?
We are due to fly in 2 weeks (we are only going to Dom Rep) for 7 nights...
Just interested in what they might be able to do, do they have any spare aircrafts etc?
It must be a nightmare for them>
Holiday Truths Forum
Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.