Flight Only / Airline and Airports

Discussions relating to flight only, airlines and airports.
Cheers Darren,

Thanks for the info.
Hi
TOM 206 ex BHX - Monastir is delayed. Should have gone at 16.40. BHX airport website just says delayed. Can you tell me where the plane is coming from or any reason for the delay. I have friends waiting to go on this flight and they are getting rather anxious. They don't have a good track record when it comes to long delays lol.
Its hard to say really because all of the departures are delayed, there seems to be an aircraft on the ground with a technical problem and only one more inbound which will operate one of the flights delayed.
Flying out on the 18th June from manchester with Thomson to Aruba although I booked through First Choice.

Two yrs back both airlines Thomson and First choice where still running under their own colours but I hear they now are all in the Blue of Thomson.
Having flown on both airlines back then I always like the First Choice aircraft better for some reason.
So have the first choice old 767s now become the same as the Thomson 767s in seating plan and service.
And is there anyway of finding out if the aircraft we are travelling on is ex F.C or old Thomson.

I dont as yet know the flight number as my tickets have not arrived.
thanks
chester
Chester,

The aircraft will be an ex. Thomsonfly B767 with 2-4-2 seating in Economy, and 2-3-2 in Premium and 33" seat pitch, it wont be as the ex FCA Aircraft.

In terms of all blue, as a name yes in terms of actual colour scheme on a/c not as yet.
chester,

You'll find aircraft information on our What Aircraft? guide (link below). All but one of 7 long haul aircraft are from the former First Choice fleet for the summer season with 6 of the former Thomsonfly aircraft configured for short haul work. This changes depending on season, ie more long haul aircraft and less short haul in the winter season.

Darren
Thank you darren I will have a look at that site.
would you know since the full merger of the two carriers has muched changed with the service.
I always found FC the better but now they are all under the one flag have they cut back on anything.
and thank you again for the info,
Hi

I will be travelling with Thomson for the first time on November 16th out of BHX to CUN. Can anyone please advise on the correct plane configuration so that I can pre-book the best seats?

Is it true the plane travels via Manchester for refueling purposes only?

Thanks.
Is this odd? :que

I have just booked a flight ACE to EXE with Thomsons on line, and all was normal with the booking process, flight, then taxes, then add luggage etc etc. All done and dusted!!!

Now I want to come back from BRS to ACE, so clicked new search, up comes the flight, start the booking process, but there is nowhere to add that I want to bring luggage back? Do Thomsons from UK to Europe prices include the 20kgs of luggage then? I've checked the site help etc etc, but can find no mention of luggage on this journey, though they are very explicit on the ACE/EXE part of it!!!

Help please :D
Hi
We are going on holiday next week and have just received an email from Thomson asking if we would like to pre book our seats, there is a diagram so we can book the seats we want. The cost would be £30. My question is, is this worth doing, we have never done this before, we just make sure we get to the airport early enough and always get seated together. What are your thoughts? By the way there is just the 2 of us.
doesn't matter what time you get to the airport, Thomson use a best fit computer seating program,[ which check in cannot change] fist it allocates seats to those who have either pre booked or chosen a meal option, then it will shuffle the rest of the passengers for the best fit a child for example will be seated next to an accompanying adult [but not necessarily both] BUT it is uncommon not to be together [seating together could be next to/across the isle from or one seat behind] we never pre book and since the system was introduced as yet not been split in different areas of the airframe

wizard
Hi, does anyone know of Thomson have IFE on their Belfast-Palma flights? Thanks :)
efc,

Thomson Airways Provide IFE as per the Type of aircraft being operated. These are listed on our What Aircraft? Guide (link in my signature).

Aricraft operaing from Belfast is the Airbus A320-200

Gower
madsue,

I have just gone through the booking process (flight.thomson.co.uk) in a dummy run and have the option for baggage.

http://i547.photobucket.com/albums/hh441/GowerL7/T-Airways/LuggageTOM.jpg

Gower
timmyp25,

Flights from Birmingham to Cancun are operated by the Boeing 767-300/ER Aircraft. It is too early to say for definate if it will be ex Thomsonfly or ex First Choice. Although it will most probably be ex Thomsonfly as last year. These have the 2-4-2 seating configuration. Seating is however a personal preference.

The Aircraft normally have a refuling stop in Manchester. But it is just that, to top up the tanks.

More aircraft information on our what aircraft? guide (link in my signature)

Gower
jessie15,

As wizard points out, seating is allocated the day before using a computer model for those passengers that have not selected their own specific seats. As wizard says I have never been split and normally travel with 3 others! It really would be for your own piece of mind of knowing that you are seated together or indeed have a preference as to which seats you choose.

If it was me, I would save the money and have a few more drinks on Holiday :cheers

Gower
We are flying out of bristol to antalya on friday 11 june, could someone please tell me what plane we eill be flying in and if they have IFE onboard, thanks
Hello guys,

I'm flying out to aruba this coming saturday the 12th, i am on flight TOM024, any details you could share with me i.e type of plan, entertainment etc.

I feel i might have had a shocker as i booked it last minute and reserved my seats as seat 13c and D, any ifo on this??

thanks very much indeed

Rog
Holiday Truths Forum
Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.