Flight Only / Airline and Airports

Discussions relating to flight only, airlines and airports.
rilou81,

Dazbo HT Mod wrote:
There isn't a row 11 on this aircraft.

I was looking at the wrong aircraft type :duh . Should have read your original post better!

Gower
Hi, Just getting a bit confused regarding the BHX - CUN flights for August TOM568/569, I double checked with the travel agent that there was no refuelling at Manchester on this route and Dazbo also seemed to confirm this on page 54.
I just noticed a recent post which is saying that there probably is a refuelling stop....I dont like going up and down!!!! Does anyone know for sure?
This is showing as a former First Choice aircraft just in case anyone was wondering.

Depending on how many passengers are on board and overall weight of the aircraft the a/c may not have to stop for refuelling but normally it would
tashasmum,

Thomson are using a ligher aircraft to operate the flight (former First Choice) rather than the usual former Thomsonfly with more passengers onboard. There is no need for a fuel stop in Manchester as the aircraft can take off from BHX with full tanks. There's no schedule of this flight operating via Manchester outbound.

Darren
Thanks for that Darren...you have put my mind at rest!!! :cheers
Ah, so we dont have to refuel on TOM568 out to CUN. Good news!

Can someone please confirm the config? I'm hoping for a 2-3-2!! Worth upgrading to premium? We have been quoted £600 return for 2 people...
yes indeed, allways worth it on a longhaul flight..............more leg room, foot rests, larger seat, free drinks, 3 staff on hand during flight for only small cabin,the full in flight entertainment package with premium games and films, larger seat back screens, noise reduction headsets (which really work) mood lighting, choice of menu, priority check in (save yourself up to 60 mins queing), priority boarding (sit back get comfy and enjoy pre flight drink whilst the rest of the aircraft are boarded. Comfy blanket and extra cushion quarenteed.

Need I say more, £ per hour value excellent! (oh and you also get a separate toilet for your cabin at the front! allways good on a 10 1/2 hour flight!!!!

:sun2 Enjoy!
timmyp25,

BHX-CUN-BHX (TOM568/9) are operated by a former First Choice Boeing 767-300/ER (winglets). These are configured 2-3-2 throughout. You'll find further aircraft information on our What Aircraft? guide (link below). It's personal preference if you think the premium cabin is worth the extra. If you want the extra seat pitch, complimentory drinks, extra 3kg hold allowance, etc, you may think it's worth it. Personally, I would rather save the money and put it towards a better hotel and get the benefit of it for 2 weeks or put it towards a trip to Chichen Itza or somewhere once in resort as the economy product is more than adequate. But that's just me! How much are you going to spend on drinks through a flight? You can upgrade to the premium IFE package for £5, depennding on the hotel you're staying at, you get the extra luggage allowance anyway. If all you want is more room, extra legroom seats maybe a cheaper option subject to availabilty.

Darren
Hi Guys

Any info on why the flight into Gatwick from Mombasa has been cancelled for today?

Many thanks
Pickflick,

It is only showing as delayed at the moment. This will be due to a technical problem with one of the Boeing 767-300 aircraft at the moment.

Gower
Hi :) Could anyone tell me what time Thomson open their check-in desks at Belfast International. I'm flying to Palma at 06:10 at the end of the month, and I was wondering if I travelled to the airport early, could I check in more than two hours before my flight and proceed through security... This is my first time using Thomson at BFS. :) Thanks
efc,

Check-in opens 2-3 hours before your flight is scheduled to depart. Once you are checked-in and have your boarding card, you can go through security to the departure lounge whenever you like. Why would you want to check-in any earlier than this? If you were thinking of getting there early in order to choose your seat, all seating is pre-allocated the day before the flight rather than allocated at check-in so you can't choose your seat on the day. There really isn't any need to be at the airport any earlier than 2 hours before your scheduled departure, especially at that time of morning as it shouldn't be busy.

Darren
I have pre-booked seats, but I live 2/3 hours drive away from the airport so I'd rather get on the road the night before and be there in good time, like three hours before my flight! :)
a few thomson flights have been quite delayed today from gatwick. is there a reason for this or just a bad day? due to fly next friday to cancun and just wondering is any problems may affect flgiht, xx
kwikslipgirl,

You'll find informtion as to the cause over the previous few pages. There have been a few technical problems with aircraft over the last week or two causing knock-on delays.

Darren
Hi All,

Im getting quite worried about these delays now. Still I'd much rather be flying on a servicable A/C than take the risk and I suppose these things do happen. Im flying to the Maldives on TOM54 this coming sunday, should I be happy that my one saving grace is that this is an evening departure and while A/C usually arrive in from longhaul destinations in the morning this may give some time to 'soak up' any delay?

Dan
dansqn,

I wouldn't worry as it's out of your hands. If you are delayed, there's nothing you can do about it. Thomson Airways and their operations and egnineering staff are working their socks off behind the scenes to get aircraft back servicable and the schedule back on track. This is as much a nightmare for them as is it for passengers. A replacement engine was sent out to Mexico to replace the problem one so hopefully things will start to get back on track very soon.

Darren
'A replacement engine'....

Ouch, Unless Thomson Airways flew that out themselves on thier own A/C then that isnt going to be a cheap fix. I certainly appreciate the work put in behind the scenes by the staff at the airline, both Ops and Engineering, im sure they too take holidays of thier own.., Cheers Dazbo..

Dan
fly out on the 16th jun tom 196 man to cancun do you no were the aircraft will be used from the previous flight.
have booked premium again hope the IFE works this time as all we had was a free daily mail last year out to jamaica but i had my monies worth out of the bar
gaz
Holiday Truths Forum
Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.