Flight Only / Airline and Airports

Discussions relating to flight only, airlines and airports.
kiddyboli,

It will be a Boeing 767-300/ER operating your flight.

More information on our What Aircraft? Guide (link in my signature)

Gower
Gower :)

thanks very much! i have just phoned thomsons and booked my out going seats got rows 2,3,4, F and G

cant wait!!! :sun2

kiddyboli x
Hi
Just been reading another forum. Question about seats being pre allocated the day before the flight.
How does this work for the return journey? Also why do people on the same booking not always get seated together. Does the computer just look at individuals rather than bookings?
Sunaddict

The calculated seating plan is transmitted to the handling company in use at the destination airport, the plan is still done the day before the inbound flight.
Thanks BEfreeTODAY.

I'm probably being thick :( but how does the computer allocate seats. I know it's done on a best fit model but is that just done on each individual or does it look at booking numbers?
Sorry for all the questions but I just want to understand. Thanks.
Sunaddict,

It's like a game of tetris relly with a set of rules; those passengers that have meals, pre-booked seats and selected their seats are allocated, then remaining passengers are slotted in to try and ensure those that are under the same booking or with children are together. However it's inevitable not all will be.

Darren
It will try and sit families together e.g those with children first to avoid any problems, searching through bookings to find those parties, then everyone else after, most parties are either 2,3 or 4 with a few exceptions, its easy to put all the groups of three in sets of three seats e.g. on the ex. FC B767 if you are in a group of 3 its very unlikely you will be allocated say two then 1 seat. Then all the two's into the side seats on a B767 or into AB or EF on short haul, and then everyone thats left and late bookings go into C and D seats on SH and into C and E on the B767 ex FC and into C and F on B767. Sorry i think thats a bit confusing but it was the best way to explain. Goes without saying any booked seats are taken out of the equasion.
Darren and BEfreeTODAY

Thank you both very much. I think I understand now.
Just booked our seat numbers at no extra cost EMA/LCA/EMA.we depart on the 5th September.
Hi

My brother and his family were flying TOM676 to Punta Cana yesterday at 09:55 from Newcastle and a friend has heard that they got diverted because of bad weather,just wondering if you knew if they arrived safe :( , hope so havent heard from them yet
shazajo,

Weather diversions are a daily occurances in parts of the world. It simply means the weather over the airport was below minimums so the flight crew (Captain), in consultation with ATC decided to hold subject to fuel or divert to another airport until the weather improved. All I know is, the flight landed in PUJ 2 hours behind schedule so I imagine they landed at at their alternate, waited for weather to improve then hopped over to the original destination. The flight is on it's way back as I type, scheduled to arrive 130 minutes late.

Darrren
Thanks Darren :) thats put my mind at rest
Hi

I'm flying Bristol to Sanford on TOM586 on 11/07/2010 does anyone know which aircraft this will be?

Many Thanks!!
Hi

Also noticed another thing:

Flying bristol sanford in july and i was wondering whether flight will be direct as i have noticed that in some cases it is not and our flight details appear to show outbound flight about 1hr 15min longer?

Many Thanks!
That's normal. Outbound UK to US flights are always approx 1.5 hours longer than the inbound flights due to the flight path.

luci :wave
P.T,

Welcome onboard :tup
Your flights are operated by a Thomson Airways (former First Choice) Boeing 767-300/ER (winglets). You'll find further aircraft information on our What Aircraft? giude (link below). Your flight is non-stop, it's only flights from BRS to Cancun that have a fuel stop in Manchester outbound. Further to Luci's post regarding a shorter flight time inbound, although the actual flight path is sometimes shorter, the main factor is weather. The prevailing wind direction over the Atlantic is west to east with the jetstream being utilised on flights from America to reduce flight time and furl burn. Flight to America are routed to avoid the jestream, but are sometimes flying in to wind, hence it takes longer. Specific tracks are changed daily taking in to account the jetstream position and strength.

Darren
Great thanks for the quick reply!
Would you be able to tell me if it is the same aircraft on return journey TOM587 on 25/07/2010?

Many Thanks!
P.T,

Thomson Airways (former First Choice) Boeing 767-300/ER (winglets) operating your inbound flight also

Gower
Does someone know the a/c for TOM7710 EMA to PMI tomorrow? From Darren's previous reply it has just taken off from EMA to RHODES as TOM7646.
Thanks.
Holiday Truths Forum
Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.