Flight Only / Airline and Airports

Discussions relating to flight only, airlines and airports.
lozi,

Welcome onboard :tup
LGW-MBJ-LGW (TOM030/1) are operated by a former First Choice Boeing 767-300/ER. You'll find further aircraft information on our What Aircraft? guide (link below).

Darren
Some of the LGW flights are being changed to an ex Thomsonfly 767 effected customers have already been informed (i.e. if your booked in premium you will still be in premium) there is still 33" of legroom in the main cabin. Thomson have planned this for a long while.

LGW-MBJ-LGW is one of the effected flights over the next few weeks.
We are flying 11 jan Gatwick to puerto plata Tom 066/ tom 067 could you tell me which aircraft and the ife for this flight please
Some of the LGW flights are being changed to an ex Thomsonfly 767 effected customers have already been informed (i.e. if your booked in premium you will still be in premium) there is still 33" of legroom in the main cabin. Thomson have planned this for a long while.

BY-TOM-AMM-FCA -What happens if you have prebooked extra legroom seats( inc seat numbers)in the standard cabin? I believe that the seat numbers are different so are you moved automatically into the corresponding seats?? :que
Saltop48,

LGW-PUJ-LGW (TOM066/7) are operated by a former First Choice Boeing 767-300/ER currently. You'll find further aircraft information on our What Aircraft? guide (link below). I haven't got a copy of the IFE list at the moment. It'll be linked from our What Aircft? guide when I have. Be aware there are fuel shortages in PUJ at the moment so some flights may be subject to delays and operate via Montego Bay for refuelling.

Darren
They will move you to the corresponding extra legroom on that aircraft, they seem to be managing this change very well as I have a friend on one of the effected flights and they advised her a few months ago, when trying to book extra legroom seats.
BY-TOM-AMM-FCA

Are any of the aircraft changes affecting LGW-HOG do you know? Also if you are booked into premium and then they change the aircraft to one with less premium seats, what do they do then?
hi , we are new to this . Can anyone tell me about the aircraft used on Man/Lca TOM2700/01 departing 10th april ? We are travelling abroad for the 1st time with our two children and would like to know what aircraft so we can look at seating ?

Also I have been told not to book seats as because we are travelling with children we would have to at least be sat in a pair together ( ie 1 adult with each child ) but obviously I know we could be at different ends of the aircraft, any advice ?

Thank you x
Are any of the aircraft changes affecting LGW-HOG do you know? Also if you are booked into premium and then they change the aircraft to one with less premium seats, what do they do then?

We experienced this once on the way back from Aruba and you get downgraded to normal seats but with the free drinks, upgraded TV, upgraded meal etc and you get a refund of the appropriate fare (50% of what has been paid). They are supposed to work on those booking premium last to be downgraded first. As the alternative plane had more seats, those downgraded were sat at the back with 2 seats to each passenger.

Mark :)
b4ley78,

MAN-LCA-MAN (TOM2700/1) are operated by a Boeing 737-800 (winglets). You'll find extensive aircraft information on our What Aircraft? guide (link below). Whether to pre-book or select seats is personal preference. There are no guarantees all members in your party will be sat togather. Chances are you will be, but it's subject to whatever seating is left when seating is allocated the day before the flight. Those that have pre-booked and pre-selected seats will have priority, with those that haven'r being slotted in to remaining seats using the seating model.

Darren
I'm flying out to Sharm from Cardiff on 27th on TOM466 which I see is a 757-200.

Was looking at possibly selecting a seat, and it's mostly mid cabin available, rows 5-16. Was wondering if you had any suggestions for good seats?

Looking at the chart, 12A is available, but doesnt seem to be classed as 'premium'' even though it's exit row?
Blake9,

Seating is personal preference, they all offer the same in terms of seat pitch and facilities so it's whatever you prefer really. There are no premium seating onboard this aircraft, only extra legroom seats. 12A doesn't offer any extra legroom as the emergency exit slide, being at the bottom of the door intrudes in to the cabin.

Darren

We experienced this once on the way back from Aruba and you get downgraded to normal seats but with the free drinks, upgraded TV, upgraded meal etc and you get a refund of the appropriate fare (50% of what has been paid). They are supposed to work on those booking premium last to be downgraded first. As the alternative plane had more seats, those downgraded were sat at the back with 2 seats to each passenger.

Mark

Thanks for that Mark. Hope it doesn't happen or even with 33" legroom hubby will struggle for that length of time. We go in March and booked about November 2009 so would think would have been one of the first to book.
Hi there, I'm new to this site and very impressed so far.

I have very specific questions that I'm hoping you can help with.

I'm planning a trip to Florida and am considering using either Thomas Cook or Thomson but need a couple of questions answered about the seats:-

- The aircraft types and configuration (T/Cook departs Glasgow on 23/6/11), (Thomson departs Glasgow 24/6/11, flight no TOM796)
- On the Thomson flight do the arm rests between the seats go up in Premium and/or Economy (so that my son can stretch out between us for a nap).

Thanks for any help you can give,
Sharon
JoesMum,

You'll find extensive aircraft information on our What Aircraft? guide (link below) detailing the aircraft types used, seat pitches, seat plans, aircraft and cabin photos etc so you can compare the two. Thomson Airways use Boeing 767-300/ER and Thomas Cook the larger Airbus A330-200. Whether the arm rests lift up (in premium) depends on the specific aircraft assigned, it's not something I can answer at the moment as there are variations to the aircraft in the fleet. They do in economy on Thomson Airways aircraft, but not on Thomas Cook.

Darren
Do Thomson use the same check in desks at Gatwick North, and if so, what are the numbers. Also, any news on the IFE for Jan/Feb yet? I know, Im so impatient! lol! :)
racegirl3075,

Still no word on the IFE lists as yet I'm afraid. I don't use LGW but I believe desks are in Zone A.

Darren
Thanks Dazbo
We fly out at 0930 on the 23rd to La Romana, and we have prebooked our seats already. Got the parking booked for 0615 so we can get checked in pronto and have some "airport time". x
Hi,

We are travelling from Manchester to Cancun on Saturday 15th January. I want to book the airport lounge but on our documentation it does not tell me which Terminal we are flying from? Am I right in thinking it is Terminal 2?

Also, do you know what movies will be on? Flight number is TOM144

Thanks
Jo
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.