Flight Only / Airline and Airports

Discussions relating to flight only, airlines and airports.
joquirk,

Thomson Airways operate out of Manchesters Terminal 2. I've not had the IFE list for Jan / feb as yet. It'll be linked from our What Aircraft? guide when I have.

Darren
just a heads up for anyone considering changing any part of their thomson booking,
we upgraded our accomodation for our forthcoming cuban holiday in march last night, as we finally decided we would prefer an adults only property this time- sorry, bit :offtop
anyway, depsite still being on the same flight, same departure airport, same date... everything- the same plane full stop, when you ammend you now have to visit the flight extras site, and then re-enter any flight extras you have previously booked on your original invoice. we had booked our specific seats, and when i logged onto flight extras this morning using our new booking reference, it went back to the select your seat seating plan and i had to do it again, furthermore the seats that Thomson had assigned us on the seating chart were not the ones we originally booked, so you really need to check this if you ammend your booking for whatever reason, but are still set to travel on your orginal flight. hope this is of help to anyone in the same situation :)
Short Haul

Outbound

Going the Distance
Or
Megamind

Inbound

Wall Street: Money never Stops
Or
Alpha or Omega

Long Haul

Outbound
*The Town
*The Social Network
* Never Let Me Go
Going the Distance
Life As We Know It
Megamind
Legend of the Guardians
Made in Dagenham

Inbound
*Scott Pilgrim vs The world
*Eat Prey Love
*The Expendables
Wall Street: Money never sleeps
The switch
Alpha and Omega
Open Season 3
Tamara Drewe
Yay!
Thank you for posting up the film listing, now I can plan my viewing, woo!! x
:tup
Hi!
Just to bother you all AGAIN, but do any of the 767 ex FCA aircraft have any inseat power outlets? Either plug or USB! Just cos I know I'll probably cane the batteries on my iPod and DSi!
Cheers guys, I know when I flew Cathay Pacific they did.
Racegirl3075
racegirl3075,

They do (110v power outlet), but they are burried underneath so you can't really use them.

Darren
Hi,

We are flying 9 Feb 2011 Gatwick to Samana on TOM048, returning 16 Feb TOM049. I have spoken to Thomsons and pre-booked seats 14C and D there and back. I wanted to sit nearer the front, and not too far from an exit. From talking to them and looking at seatplans, I think it is a 767-300ER vs2 258 seats 2-3-2, with toilets at row 11, exit near there, so I hope we will be near but not so close we will have people queuing for the loos etc near us, or be cold right next to the door.

Thakyou for any light you can shed,
Mandy
Just had a very strange thing happen - logged on to pay my final holiday balance on Thomson website -at the same time thought I'd check that my API was complete (I put it on well before Xmas but thought I'd double check) - it was flagging up API incomplete and when I drilled down there was absolutely nothing recorded !!!
I've re-entered all the info - now flagged as complete.
Does anyone know whether the "system" sweeps this info away onto another database then resets back to incomplete?
I'm paranoid now that the info will be missing when we get to check in!! :que
mandyandcarl,

Welcome onboard :tup
You'll find extensive aircraft information on our What Aircraft? guide (link below). LGW-AZS-LGW (TOM048/9) are operated by a former First Choice Boeing 767-300/ER, normally the V2. Row 14 C/D are centre seats on the port side 2 rows from the toilets. You will have passengers walking up and down the isle, and may get an odd one queing by the side of you as busy times, eg after meals or before starting the descent.

Darren
brewerdave,

I've never had that happen before. As long as you've entered it and it's showing as complete, you should be fine. You can still enter the information at check-in, it just speeds the process up doing it before you travel and gives time to resolve any issues.

Darren
Hi Darren & everyone,
Do you know which actual planes will be used on 30/4/11 NCL-CAN TOM592 and on 6/5/11 CAN-NCL TOM393 as this is only a 6 day trip I wanted to check before I book seats.

Brewerdave
This has also happened to me but I'm pretty sure that I possibly didn't save the info the first time round when I looked at it the second time. Once you have saved your details for each passenger, you still then have to upload the info onto the site. :duh

Best regards,
Deana
  • Edited by deana 2011-01-12 17:52:59
deana,

NCL-CUN-NCL (TOM592/393) are operated by a Boeing 767-300/ER. TOM592/3 commence on 09/04/2011 until 30/04/2011, then continues in to the summer season as TOM393/4. As there are no long haul flights out of NCL, other than ad-hoc charters in the winter season, I can't tell you which one they will be sending up as yet. I suspect it'll be a former Thomsonfly aircraft but if you remind me in April, I'll double check for you. When you look at the online seat plan, if the seating configuration is 2-4-2 in economy, it's an ex-TOM. 2-3-2 for ex-FCA.

Darren
thanks darren, I'll ask again closer to the time :cheers
Hi,

We are flying 9 Feb 2011 Gatwick to Samana on TOM048, returning 16 Feb TOM049. I have spoken to Thomsons and pre-booked seats 14C and D there and back. I wanted to sit nearer the front, and not too far from an exit. From talking to them and looking at seatplans, I think it is a 767-300ER vs2 258 seats 2-3-2, with toilets at row 11, exit near there, so I hope we will be near but not so close we will have people queuing for the loos etc near us, or be cold right next to the door.

Thakyou for any light you can shed,
Mandy

Hi Mandy,

We've just come back from Samana was was on TOM48 in seats 12 C, D & E so just 2 rows in front of yours. The exit was indeed at row 11 as were the toilets so not far from you. On the way back however, on TOM49, we had the same seats but the toilets this time were right next to our seats which was a pain for as you can imagine people were in and out for the whole 8 hours so we didn't get much peace.
Could anyone advise whether Premium passengers receive Fastrack security at Manchester? I'm just about to book car parking with this as an extra and it dawned on me it might be part of the Premium flight 'deal'?
No, sorry, fastrack not included. Too be honest the last time I went through Manchester, the fastrack queue was longer than the ordinary one. :yikes
Thank you. I've only been through B'ham where the security queue through both terminals is awful - often over an hour wait. I'll probably take my chances with Manchester though.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.