Flight Only / Airline and Airports

Discussions relating to flight only, airlines and airports.
Good evening

A few quick questions for the people in the know.

Flying MAN-PUJ on Thursday (20/1) on TOM104. Is the aircraft still going to be G-OBYJ?

Secondly, are they still suffering problems in the DR with regard to the availability of aircraft fuel? If so will the aircraft divert to refuel on the outgoing flight from MAN or on the return leg as TOM105 and how much time will this add to the journey?

Many Thanks

Fergy
belinda41,

Welcome onboard :tup
Your flights are still operated by a Boeing 767-300/ER, however it is in the old short haul configuration rather than the long haul. Your pre-booked seating still stand as does everything else on your booking, it's just the aircraft configuration that has changed. I assume it's changed to an Arkfly aircraft that is covering some flights so IFE will be of the overhead variety. Under the terms and conditions of booking, the airline have the right to change the aircraft if, for example, it's due to operational reasons. I can understand your frustration, I wouldn't be too happy either but there's nothing you can do about it.

Darren
Fergmeister,

MAN-PUJ-MAN (TOM104/5) are still operated by an ex-TOM 76W, not necassarily G-OBYJ, it could be YG. It makes little difference though, they're all the same inside. The fuel situation is resolved as far as I know, but flights have been operating via Montego Bay inbound for fuel, adding a couple of hours to the flight time.

Darren
Is TOM118 to Sanford on Friday still the standard long haul 767? Do you know the actual aircraft operating the flight?

Thanks
Billy
Greygat,

Unless you've been notified of a change, and assuming no technical issues with the aircraft between now and your flight, it'll be the usual ex-FCA 76W. We won't know until the day before which is assigned to your flight as they are rotated regularly. It makes little difference, they're all basically the same inside, G-OOAN is the exception being the V1 config, the other 5 are V2. G-OOBK had operated it most often.

Darren
For information, F-HBIL, a Corsair Airbus A330-200 has operated a sub-charter for Thomson Airways out of Manchester, TOM122/3 (Puerto Plata) in place of the regular 767.

Darren
I have a terrible feeling that my IB flight TOM067 from POP on Feb 15th is going to be operated by an Arkefly aircraft. [Thomson have just refunded £50 that my wife and I paid for extra leg-room seats, hence my suspicion]
Can you confirm? Arkefly have some terrible reviews and also only 30" seat pitch, and I am already dreading the return journey!
Many Thanks
HGL,

Welcome onboard :tup
Have you been notified of any changes? Passengers effected by changes should have been notified by now. The Arkfly 767's are the same as the short haul aircraft TOM operate (they are their sister airline), but don't have seat back IFE. These are similar to the aircraft operated by Thomsonfly up until 2008. They aren't as bad as they sound (I've been across the pond on them many times), but not a luxurious as we've become accustomed to.

Darren
Hi Darren
Good to be here!
I've had no notification at all from Thomson - it was only when I saw my credit card statement and I saw the refund that I got suspicious.
We are flight only, so probably not high on Thomson's priority list, but I feel they should still have informed us. Not sure what good it would have done, other than made me depressed sooner!
I'm glad to hear they are not too bad, but 30" pitch for over 9 hours?! You can't have enjoyed that!
HGL,

As I mention, it's not ideal but not as bad as you imagine. Don't forget, most schedule airlines only offer 31" in economy, including flights to the far east and Australia. 33" seat pitch is great and I wouldn't want to go back to 30" by choice, but it's bearable.

Darren
Thanks for your help Darren

I have two children who could have been entertained with in seat entertainment rather than overhead, but hey at least we are getting away from the UK weather I guess, Just got to get on with it I suppose, but then Thomson are expecting us to say that, not very good customer service by them. Plus their letter onl states change in seat pitch no mention of overhead entertainment, I thin they conveniently leave that out as they guess people will moan about that more maybe?
belinda41,

It depends which aircraft they have changed to. They are operating some flights with a Corsair or Jetfly aircraft at the moment, or they could change it to one of their own short haul with seat back IFE. It's difficult to say which with a few changes going on! That may be the case if they haven't mentioned anything about IFE.

Darren
Darren
do you know what the config is - is it 2-4-2 ?
Thanks
HGL
Darren,if you have the info , roughly how many long haul Thomson flights are being "altered" at the moment ?? One in ten or worse?
And do you know if this is likely to contine thru the rest of the Winter season or will it settle down?
IMHO if it continues much longer (the switch to short haul configuration specifically) then the Advertising Stds Authority ought to get involved as the 33" legroom is a big selling point! :(
HGL,

The 767-300/ER's are 2-4-2 in those configurations, refer to our What Aircraft? guide.

Darren
brewerdave,

I'm not privy to that level of information. They, as well as most tour operators have everything covered under their terms and conditions of booking. Changes happen, there's not a lot you can do.

Darren
Hi Dazbo!
Flying out Sunday morning, can't wait now!!
Do you know if they are still giving out the little bag thing that has the little blow up pillow, blanket, and eye mask? They did in 2008, but I have no idea what I did with it?
Thanks x
racegirl3075,

There are amenity packs on the outbound flight, but they aren't as luxurious as that anymore! They include head phones for the IFE, a pair of flight socks, toothpaste / toothbrush and a cleaning refreshing cloth. Premium passengers get a posher version!

Darren
Brewer Dave
I agree with you totally
When we fly BA we fly WT+ as 31" pitch is tight for a long-haul flight.
With Thomson, to make sure we got plenty of leg-room we booked extra leg-room seats. Now, not only do we not get extra leg-room, we don't get 33" pitch either.
Thomson are under-delivering, and whilst their t&c's will make it impossible to make any claim, they are seriously upsetting nemerous customers, many of which will have chosen their Thomson holiday because of the superior flight quality.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.