Flight Only / Airline and Airports

Discussions relating to flight only, airlines and airports.
The problem is that if you were to get downgraded by say Virgin or BA you not only get your money for the difference in fare back, you get looked after very well in the form of either a handsome amount of airmiles or a future free upgrade or both.

The same can't be said for Thomson unfortunately. You can't hide behind the Ts and Cs forever before it is starting to affect your bottom line - a loss of customers.

Mark :)
Hi I was wandering if anyone knows if the kids get an activity pack or something on long haul flights and if so what sort of thing is in it
only 23 days till i go to disney world now :D
thanks
Donna
taboogirl1,

As far as I know, kids packs are no longer available. There's a dedicated Kidz channel on the seat back IFE and a selection of games.

Darren
Ahhhh right ok. The kids had been asking so thought i would ask. Many thanks for the quick reply Darren

Donna :tup
Taboogirl1
Yes your girls SHOULD get a children's channel, unless Thomson decide to change the plane. If in doubt, make sure that you take lots of puzzle books/sticker books etc, cos it's a long flight if you find that Thomson have changed the sircraft without telling you, which from the above e-mails seems fairly common these days.
Anyone from Thomsons brave enough to give us pax some answers!!
Anything is possible isn't it. Nothing is guaranteed, will take your advice on taking some bits for them just in case
thanks for the info its much appreiciated as none of us have flown for many years and never long haul.

thanks Donna :tup
Dazbo or anyone!!
I'm not happy! I fly on Sunday and it's a 10 hour flight, but as bad luck would have it I now have all the symptoms of getting the COLD FROM HELL!!
I really need some advice on some good over-the-counter medication as a visit to the GP is now not an option! It's mainly something that will help with "blocked ears" as I'm worried about not being able to regulate the ear pressure!
Any good advice there? :cry
X
We are planning to fly from Newcastle to Punta Cana in June 2011, any ideas which aircraft is used for this route, is it an ex First Choice 2-3-2 config. or Thomson 2-4-2.
Thanks
Al
alfords,

The long haul schedule for NCL doesn't start until April so I can't check as yet. It would normally be an ex-FCA, but I'll confirm it once the flights commence if you remind me.

Darren
racegirl3075,

I know the feeling, flying with a cold is not nice when you can't equalise the pressure. The ascent isn't too bad, it's the descent that's the most uncomfortable. A decongestant, something like Sudafed normally does the trick, that's what I normally use.

Darren
Thanks all! I'm feeling a bit better (touch wood, and I have invested in some Sudafed as it seems to be the most recommended thing! X x :)
Hi Darren

Going to Puerto Plata on Tues 25th, TOM 122. I see that this have recently been an ex Tom 767 OBYE or OBYG. Have these been converted to long haul config or are they still short haul? Any info on which will be operating on Tues.

Thanks Dave T
DLT1,

G-OBYE/G are in the long haul configuration.

Darren
Hello Darren [Again!]
I have just received an e-mail from Thomsons, stating that my IB flight POP-LGW on Feb 15th will have 33" pitch seats, but there will be insufficient extra leg-room seats, therefore they have refunded me [and my wife £50].
I am VERY happy that we seem to have avoided the dreaed Arkefly - any idea what plane we will be flying on?
Regards
HGL
Evening D
TOM 022 on Sunday 23rd Jan - Gatwick - Cancun
Is the plane a 33" seat pitch for the standard seats?
thanks
C
HGL,

Please quote your flight numbers when requesting aircraft information, there are lots of flights to POP! You'll be flying on the standard long haul aircraft as we've previously mentioned. TOM067/8 are operated by a former First Choice 76W currently. You'll find lots or aircraft information on our What Aircraft? guide (link below).

Darren
troublelove,

Welcome onboard :tup
LGW-CUN-LGW (TOM022/3) are operated by a former First Choice Boeing 767-300/ER currently in the standard long haul configuration. Odd flights have been changed to Arkfly aircraft but unless you have been notified of a change, it'll be standard long haul. Seat pitch is 33" as standard. You'll find lots or aircraft information on our What Aircraft? guide (link below).

Darren
thanks chap... you provide a great service!
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.