Flight Only / Airline and Airports

Discussions relating to flight only, airlines and airports.
Thanks Darren and Mdollar,

I spoke with Thomsons and have changed to our TOM048/49 seats to 19C&D. The girl I spoke to described a slightly different configuration to the 767-300ER V1, 2, 3 or 4 on "seatplans". She said the flight has toilets at 11/12 and again at 28, but none right at the back. She advised against 26 AB or FG as she said people stand behind here for the toilets (row 27 taken out).

She said row 19 is just at the start of the wing, slight gap behind as 20 is over wing exit, so easy to recline and not bother the people behind.

I would be interested to see if anyone else has experienced this TOM048/49 configuration to make sure Thomson's aren't telling porky pies....

Thanks again
Mandy
floridafan,

Premium passengers don't receive fast track security at MAN. Depending on the time of day / year you are travelling, it's not really needed to be honest. With the new security suite in T2, it's normally a slick operation and doesn't take long. Much better than it used to be.

Darren
mandyandcarl,

What you have been told is correct-ish! They wouldn't tell you porkies for the sake of it! Row 19 is quite nice, I spent 14 hours in that row going to Puerto Vallarta the other year simply because I don't like reclining my seat and removing room from those behind. If you look on our What Aircraft? guide, you'll find my trip report from that flight. The only slight correction is row 19 is in the middle of the wing rather than over it, ie the overwing exit row on 20 is behind you. The toilets are at row 11 then at the rear. The toilets at row 33/4 are on the Thomsonfly aircraft, not the First Choice but it makes no difference for you in row 19.

Darren
Thank you. I'll definitely save my pennies and book 'normal' parking without 'fast track'
Thanks Darren,

That's reassuring about 19. I'm still a bit confused about row 26 though. That would give us the option of AB or FG seats, but she definitely said toilets row 28, seats at row 27 taken out so people stand there waiting for the loo, therefore 26 not a good row as people behind you chatting all the time. Also that that aircraft has no loo at the right at rear of the plane.

As you say, anything I've seen with an exit/loo further back is at rows 33/34. That's why I'm wondering if she has got something muddled - 26 by the window would be great if it's just a normal row.
mandyandcarl,

It's all personal preference when it comes down to it, but you'll like row 19 with not having to worry about those behind. The view from the window is a little obscured because of the wing, but once you're airborne, you only see sky and sea for 90% of the flight anyway so you'll not miss much.

Darren
Flight 653 Sharm El Sheik back to Robin Hood on 3rd January was a new 737. Big bummer with the new plane was the absence of the storage net at the back of the seat. Now there's a post slot at head level that's only big enough for magazines. So on a 6 hour flight there's nowhere to keep a bottle of water. Don't know whether it was the indifferent cabin crew on this flight or another new "feature", but it was red hot in the cabin and very uncomfortable. And of course I got the passenger who had to recline her seat. With such a small pitch they could save money by removing the recliner mechanism not the storage!

Finally, despite having paid for "sitting together" (5 of us) and having pre-booked our seats in rows 7 & 8, the clerk at Sharm seated a guy between my wife and I. This seat was pre-booked for my brother-in-law, who had to go back to work in Saudi a few days earlier. No mention of a refund of the booking fee, or the meal! There were other empty seats on the plane. Other examples of crazy seating were a couple who were seated a few rows apart, despite there being two seats together further back. And the guy between us had his mother seated at the back of the plane! It would seem the Sharm clerks are told to fill the plane from the front to the back.

So my advice here is to book yourself near the back of the plane to get a chance of a empty seat between you!

Richard
good evening
does anyone know if thomson have amenity packs back in stock.
Hi there, I'm flying back home Cancun to Man tom145 does Darren or anyone else know of any delays to this flight I know it was delayed around 9 hours last Saturday so I'm hoping we're going to be a bit luckier.
Thanks Irene
Sorry should have said the flight is tomorrow Sat 15th Jan
IreneC,

TOM144 is showing as departing as scheduled at the moment. The inbound aircraft is on-time too, so no delays currently.

Darren
Thanks Darren great info as usual, looks like we'll be home on schedule
Thanks again
Irene
have just noticed that one of the longhaul flights from gatwick is running a day late, TOM 035, how does this affect the schedule and what measures have they got to get it back on schedule. we fly wednesday lgw-azs tom 048, hoping this won't affect our flight.
gooner1970,

It will cause knock-on delays for a few days with flights operated by that aircraft while they catch up.

Darren
gooner1970,

It should be G-DBLA that's running the delay at the moment.

Darren
Dazbo! Worried!
Just tracked Tom 060 this morning and it's showing Ph-OYI online! This is coming up as an Arkefly plane. What's the odds I'm going to end up on this next Sunday. What can you tell me about this aircraft? ie seat pitch, configuration, IFE etc! Thank you!! X
Racegirlx
racegirl3075,

If you haven't been notified of a change, you won't be on that aircraft. PH-OYI is in the same configuration as the short haul 76W's but with no seat back IFE.

Darren
Thanks Dazbo!
How far in advance would they let us know? We booked our hols with Cruisedeals, so would they phone?
Don't fancy going all the way to Dom Rep on a short haul configuration as I am tall! X :que
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.