Flight Only / Airline and Airports

Discussions relating to flight only, airlines and airports.
Premium upgrade on the flight does not give you free access to the lounges at the airports. These are a payable extra.
cosu01,

Welcome onboard :tup
LGW-LRM-LGW (TOM060/1) are operated by a former First Choice Boeing 767-300/ER. You'll find extensive aircraft information on our What Aircraft? guide (link below). You can try selecting seat numbers online, but you may need to call. Lounges aren't part of the premium package. This is only the case with scheduled carriers with the higher seat classes, eg business and first.

Darren
I have just received an e-mail from Thomsons, stating that my IB flight POP-LGW on Feb 15th will have 33" pitch seats, but there will be insufficient extra leg-room seats, therefore they have refunded me [and my wife £50].

How can they overbook extra leg room or Premium seats if the same plane is in use as expected?? :que
brewerdave,

It's possible extra legroom seating has been booked, then the need for those seats for medical reasons has come about (on the non-exit row / bulkhead seats). Same with the premium cabin where row 1 are often used as medical seats.

Darren
Thanks Darren -hadn't thought about medical seats.
A question for one of the Thomson "insiders" ! --How late would Thomson/First Choice accept a booking requiring the use of the extra space after all ELR and Premium space had been sold??
I can understand being "bounced" for someone needing it on a return trip where they have been ill/injured in resort - but would be quite upset to get a letter as near to departure as the previous poster HGL did. :yikes
Hello from Orlando, the joys of time differences means we've been up for 2 hours and it's still only 6am :)
It was G-00AN that brought us here. Anyhow we had a bit of a drama on the plane on the way over. Our little man got burnt with coffee (he is only just 1). The cabin crew were absolutely amazing even the captain came to see if he was ok. (there was a chance of him having to divert the plane).

Is there an address that we can write a letter to thank the staff. There was 1 particular male steward who helped the most but I can't recall his name.

The wee fella is fine he has a small blister on his stomach.

Also in the bumf that the rep gave us at the airport there is a list of ticket prices etc. One of the is an upgrade to the premium cabin for $150 buy one get one free. So for about £50pp we get to sit up front. Is there a catch do we get the upgraded luggage allowance?

I'll call the rep later today Im sure I'll get an answer on here first though :)
Billy
Greygat,

I hope you are enjoying the sun and Mickey mouse and glad the little one is fine after that. Thomson contact details on on their website. If there are spare premium seats (I'd be be surprised), you should get the whole package when you upgrade but I would check with your rep. It's only 3kg extra in the hold and 2kg in hand luggage. It sounds like a great deal to me though!

Darren
Dont know if its too early to ask but...

I'm travelling Bristol-Fuerteventura on the 29th June 2011 and back on the 6th July 2011 and wanted to know what type of aircraft will be operating this flight?

Also will it be ex thomsonfly or ex first choice? + Are the interiors of the aircraft's now all the same with the merger or can you tell if the aircraft was ex thomsonfly, first choice etc.

Hope you understood what I was on about :)

Ohh and one more thing! Is it possible to view the onboard magazine online? I just wanted to have a look at what they sold onboard.

Thanks!!! :cheers
LiamScott95,

I'm mobile at the moment so don't have the information to hand, I'll check when I'm home in the morning. BRS-FUE-BRS should be a Boeing 757-200. You'll find extensive aircraft information on our What Aircraft? guide (link below). The ex-TOM and ex-FCA have the same basic interior, it's just the seat design that is different. It changes regularly so it's impossable to say which at the moment. Thomson Airways don't publish their inflight magazine online.

EDIT: confirmed

Darren
What a great source of info this forum is :)
Just been reading about the plane changes etc, we are due to fly from BHX to PUJ on Weds 26/1 , anyone have any info on this flight re what plane / any changes etc

Thanks in advance
Rotty,

Unless you've been notified of a change or there is a last minute technical issue, there won't be a change. Please quote your flight numbers when requesting aircraft information as there are often several flights and saves us having to dig them out (it's a very long list!). BHX-PUJ-BHX (TOM258/9) are operated by a former Thomsonfly Boeing 767-304/ER (long haul / winglets). Further aircraft information is on our What Aircraft? guide (link below).

Darren
We have been notified our flight number is:TOM676, from Newcastle to Puta Cana in June, does this help in identifying what the aircraft will be i.e. ex FC or Tom, or do we still have to wait until April, as usual e-mails will be sent two months prior to the flight, to allow seat selection.
Thanks Al
Darren

Thanks for the reply,I will remember to put flight numbers next time, the ones you worked out are our ones :)
alfords,

There are no long haul flights from NCL in the winter months so I can't check what's being used as yet. I'll know from April when they start flights if you want to remind me then.

Darren
I know it's a bit of a silly question and one noone can guarentee but I'm just wondering what aircraft people have had from Thomsonfly when flying to the Dom Rep from Glasgow. Has it been an ex firstchoice plane or a thomson plane? I know that going to Mexico its usually the Firstchoice plane. I just hope on the day I fly that it is also as they are so much better and the seats are better in premium than Thomson planes. Flying from Manchester and Birmingham in the past I had different planes. I fly from Glasgow on 25/6/11 and my flight number outbound is TOM742 and inbound flight on the 9/07/11 is TOM743. Many thanks in advance!
Ok so we like to sit in the last row on the plane, so we have no one behind us. Anyway we have ore-booked this seat a few times. But sometimes there is not a window, which is a pain, we have Thopson flights to Punta Cana in may and Cancun in Sept from Gatwick, and want these seats again if only they have a window. Would you be able to tell, which aircraft it would be? We also found that in that row we had window seats one way and not the other, so is it just a gamble???

Thanks.
graeme235,

That's not a silly question at all. The flight, especially a long haul one is a key part of a holidays so it's nice to know a little about what to expect. Flights are operated by Boeing 767-300/ER. You'll find extensive aircraft information on our What Aircraft? guide (link below). As your flights are in the summer season and we're currently in the winter, I can't say if it'll be an ex -FCA or TOM at the moment as it may change in May. However, the POP flights are normally an ex-FCA. I can confirm things if you remind me in May.

Darren
work2holiday,

Please quote flight numbers when requesting aircraft information as there are several flights to those destination. It ensures we get the right one for you. As above, we're in the winter season at the moment so I'll not know until May what are assigned to those flights. Cancun and Punta Cana are normally ex-FCA Boeing 767-300/ER. These don't have a window on the back row.

Darren
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.