Flight Only / Airline and Airports

Discussions relating to flight only, airlines and airports.
woodward,

As wizard mentioned, please quote all your flight information as there are often several flights. This ensures we get the correct information for you. Flights to Marsa Alam are normally operated by Boeing 757-200 or Boeing 737-800.

Darren
woodward wrote:
we are flying to marsha alam in december with thomsons i would like to know what aircraft it would be

sorry busy day flight tom472 woodward
Could i please ask why tom670 was showing as leaving from luton-sanford today (thursday). This flight is always newcastle-sanford. i only ask because i am watching this flight as i am away soon . Also does this flight from newcastle always return to newcastle ? A friend returned last week on this flight and i was told by him that he could not have his seat in premium because it was a thomson plain and not an ex fca, so what happens there? refund or not as there was 4 people in his party booked into premium .

Cheers
Best guess is that it is one of the last flights of the season and positioning out empty to Sanford.
Grahamy,

I've just had a look at the schedule, and from what I can see, it's the last flight out of the summer season so it's positioning out empty to operate the return TOM671. That's why it's positioning from LTN as it's not taking passengers from NCL. When the flight operates as normal, it operates from and to Newcastele as it's a return flight for those passengers who travelled the week / 2 weeks previous. It sounds like there was a change of aircraft at the last minute on your friends flight, hence a reduced number of premium seats. This is normally due to a technical problem or at this time of year, operational reasons. They'll get a full refund for premium seats not allocated.

Darren
Dazbo HT Mod wrote:
Grahamy,

I've just had a look at the schedule, and from what I can see, it's the last flight out of the summer season so it's positioning out empty to operate the return TOM671. That's why it's positioning from LTN as it's not taking passengers from NCL. When the flight operates as normal, it operates from and to Newcastele as it's a return flight for those passengers who travelled the week / 2 weeks previous. It sounds like there was a change of aircraft at the last minute on your friends flight, hence a reduced number of premium seats. This is normally due to a technical problem or at this time of year, operational reasons. They'll get a full refund for premium seats not allocated.

Darren

Thanks Darren for the reply.

I am quite surprised the Florida season ends so soon as the weather is still great over there, or does it continue from the main airports ?
Grahamy,

There are still flights from MAN and LGW, it's only some of the regional airports that don't have long haul destinations through the winter season.

Darren
Hi, I was wondering if you knew what aircraft Thomson were basing at Cardiff airport for the winter season, I'm guessing that its a single 737-800 ? And are Thomson continuing the long haul routes through out the winter season ? La Romana, Bridgetown for example ?
meyrick,

It's a 738 as far as I know and you'll find the long haul routes listed on their flight schedule.

Darren
Ok thank you, I could see that Thomson are only going to Barbados on long haul from Cardiff
but no La Romana ? Poor sales figures last season perhaps.
Hi Darren or the other experts, I'd imagine it's a bit too early to have the confirmed flight schedules as yet for summer 2013 but thought I'd ask.
I've booked a holiday to Marsa Alam on 5th June. The flights are TOM376/7.
Would you know the aircraft planned to operate these flights? I was anticipating a 737-800 but when booking saw the flight is 5hrs 50 minutes. Is a flight of this length within the range of Thomson's 737's when they are fully loaded? We flew in one of the 737's to Sharm El Sheikh but Marsa Alam is further south. Is it more likely it will be operated on a 757 in this case?

Thanks in advance.
jmac,

I don't have the confirmed summer 2013 schedule as yet, but it's likely to be a Boeing 757-200. MAN-RMF is 2344 nm, the 737-800 has a range of approximately 3,000 nm so is within reach.

Darren
Thomson have today announed the start of direct flights from Gatwick to Phuket, Thailand starting November 2013 using the Boeing 787-8. More details on Thomsons website.

Thomson Airways first Boeing 787-8 (G-TUIA) will be on the production line from this month.

Darren
Hi Darren, we are travelling to Taba on TOM726/7 on the 22nd Jan 2013. Are you able to advise the aircraft type for this route yet?

Many thanks in advance

Gav
gbailey141,

LGW-TCP-LGW (TOM726/7) should be operated by Boeing 757-200.

Darren
Many thanks as usual for quick response Darren.
Hello Darren

I will shortly be booking my seats for gatwick to cancun dep dec 13th, returning dec 27th. Can you please advise what aircraft this is along with the link to the seating plan. Would you also be able to provide details of the economy seats to avoid. On a fc flight back from the Maldives earlier in the year, we hadn't prebooked seats and were located right outside the smelliest toilets known to man for 11 hours so desperately trying to avoid this time time. We only booked our holiday yesterday so I suspect, with only 6 weeks to go, that a lot of seats have already been reserved so any knowledge on the seats to avoid would be fantastic..along with any good economy seats......just in case :cheers

Many thanks
Clarky,

Welcome onboard :tup
Please quote flight numbers when requesting aircraft details as there are several flight to Cancun. Is it the TOM092/3? These are operated by former First Choice Boeing 767-300/ER, the same as your Maldives flights. Seating is personal preference. All seats offer the same basic facilities so there are no 'best' or 'worst' seats, it's whether you prefer an isle, window, front or rear. You'll find extensive aircraft information on our what aircraft? guide (link below) with links to photos of the aircraft and cabin (click on the aircraft type), seat plans as well as lots of other information. There aren't any seats to avoid, but you may want to be a few rows away from the toilets to avoid disturbance from people queing.

Darren
Hi Darren

Thanks for your quick response

Apologies I forgot to provide fight details but yes, it is Tom092/3. I ave looked on the link you provided and can't find a 767-300 listed. Is that the actual aircraft or does 300 indicate a range? Sorry if that's a daft question. Any chance toy could provide the actual link I'm looking for...appreciate you are busy but it would be a huge help

Thanks in advance
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.