Flight Only / Airline and Airports

Discussions relating to flight only, airlines and airports.
I am flying out of Leeds and Bradford to Sharm el Sheik on15 November tom868
which plane would this be?
Terry GrAYSON,

Welcome onboard :tup
LBA-SSH-LBA (TOM868/9) should be operated by Boeing 737-800. You'll find extensive aircraft information on our What Aircraft? guide (link below).

Darren
Good morning Darren,

We are travelling from Gatwick to Sharm -el- Shiek on the 17th January 2013 returning on the 31st. As it is within the 90 day period we now have access to the `flightextras` webpage and wish to book our extra legroom seating.

Upon looking at the plane diagram we have been pre allocated 16A,B,C and D on the way out ,and 15 A,B,C and D for the return.

Whilst the seats are indicated as extra legroom, I can find no 757 Thomson seating plan that has the additional `extra` seats in these locations.

The associated flight numbers are TOM 396 and 397 respectively, and whilst it is no big deal , I was just curious as to whether the 757 was still being utilised or whether another type aircraft has been employed which would explain the different seating configuration.

Many thanks, and kind egards,

Gordon
4betterthan2,

It looks like the aircraft has been changed to a Boeing 737-800 since I got a copy of the aircraft schedule. Rows 15 and 16 are the over wing exit rows. Row 15 doesn't have recline, 16 does. The seat plan is on our What Aircraft? guide.

Darren
Thanks for the confirmation Darren. Have secured 16 ABCD for both sectors.

Gordon
Hi all,

Quick question, do you get flight socks in the pampering pack when you fly premium economy?

Thanks in advance
Paul
Yes, but they are very basic, if their important to you grab some in boots.
Hi Darren

Can you help me please?

We are travelling from Gatwick to Holguin on 8 Jan 2013 (TOM094) and back on 22 Jan (TOM095). Are you able to tell us which plane this will be on?

Many thanks
Juliet
chica.julietta,

LGW-HOG-LGW (TOM094/5) are operated by Boeing 767-300/ER, and should be one of the former First Choice aircraft. You'll find extensive aircraft information on our what Aircraft? guide (link below).

Darren
Thanks for your very prompt reply - Much appreciated
Dazbo-any idea why Tom022 is delayed this morning? (Sun). Will be on this flight in 3 weeks so I'm following it. :-)
racegirl3075,

Technical problem with the aircraft from what I can see. I wouldn't worry, just because there's a delay this week doesn't mean there will be on your day of departure. Delays happen for a multitude of reasons. The airline will do their best to get you away on time, it's in their interest as it's cost them time and money if not.

Darren
Hiya,

We have just booked to go man-sharm. I am booking seats and on flight TOM754 on the 26/11/12 are 9a/9b ok are they a full window seat? We are returning on TOM 785 on the 7/12/12 are 7e/7f ok and are they a full window seat. They look like different aircraft, the inbound one looks larger.

Many Thanks

Anne
:wave:
paradiselover,

MAN-SSH-MAN (TOM754/785 ) are operated by Boeing 737-800 / 757-200 respectively. The area around row 9 on the 738 doesn't have a window due to air conditioning ducting and wiring, you might want to move a few or two forward. Row 7 on the 752 has a window.

Darren
Hiya Darren,

Thanks for that I'm so glad I asked, just had a look and row 9 - 14 are available but nothing further forward. Which row would you go for? I know they are over the wing but I do like to sit further forward and try not to get behind the engines.

Many Thanks,

Anne
paradiselover,

It's up to you really. Row 13 or 14 will have a window but is over the engine / wing. 9 and 11 don't have windows. If you aren't too bothered about a window, row 9 etc are fine. All seats are the same so it makes little diffference comfort wise.

Darren
Hiya Darren,

Does row 10 &12 have a window?

Cheers,

Anne
paradiselover,

On the 737-800? There are 3-4 rows that are effected with the ducting and wiring between rows 9 and 12. Row 10 may have a particial view, not a full one. You're safe with row 13 aft, row 12 is partial still I think. It's not the best area to be wanting a window. Are there seats towards the rear available? All those have windows and the wing won't be in the way.

Darren
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.