Flight Only / Airline and Airports

Discussions relating to flight only, airlines and airports.
Thanks Dazbo-looks like a big fault as on Gatwick site it looks like its not going till 07:45 tomorrow. Feel sorry for the passangers who will lose a days hol. X
What happened to flight Tom023 yesterday? :-/
We are flying out to Cancun on Feb 4th with Thomson (TOM038), could you confirm what aircraft this might be please.
No worries, more than likely will be an ex first choice version which is configured for long haul, although some times they use short haul thomson planes. Todays TOM038 to cancun is G-OBYD which is the short haul version according to flight rader.
Noobs, as we can pre book our seats from tomorow and are travelling with 2 young children (ages 12 + 6) do you know if its v1,v2,v3 or v4 layout and can you reccomend any particular seats we should aim for?
More than likely a v2 as there is only 1 v1 aircraft. If i were you i would go for a block of 4 window seats as then you can all sit together. As seating will more than likely be 2-3-2. Cant reccomend any partucular seats as they are all the same really. Just avoid toilets as they can be noisey and smelly :-).
Really appreciate the info, thanks again for being so prompt.
noooooobs wrote:
G-OBYD which is the short haul version according to flight rader.

It should now be in long haul and will soon be leaving the Thomson Airways fleet for Arkefly as PH-OYD.

Darren
Plastonia,

Welcome onboard :tup
You'll find extensive aircraft information on our What Aircraft? guide (link below) including seat plans, aircraft and cabin photos. As noooooobs mentions, it'll more than likely be a V2 aircraft although they are rotated regulaly so it's not guaranteed. It makes little difference as there's only a few seats difference. All seats, other than extra legroom offer the same facilities so it's personal preference really. I would agree with noooooobs, avoid the first few rows from the toilets but other than that, it's just whatever you prefer.

Darren
Dazbo HT Mod wrote:
noooooobs wrote:
G-OBYD which is the short haul version according to flight rader.

It should now be in long haul and will soon be leaving the Thomson Airways fleet for Arkefly as PH-OYD.

Darren

Ok that explains it then. I noticed the other day they were using FC 763's for short haul. I cant remember which routes possibly sharm. Have they changed any of those?

James
noooooobs,

No, all ex-FCA are long haul but covering on some routes due to aircraft maintenance.

Darren
first post so hope this is the correct place.
i am due to fly to dominican republic in february so shortly i will be able to choose seats.
have booked premium seats but not sure which version of 767-300 i will be on.
i was hoping to book bulkhead seats but having just spoke to thomson airways i was informed 1A&B and 1 F&G are not available to book, thomson could not tell me if these were the actual bulkhead seats?
jhe,

Welcome onboard :tup
Please quote flight numbers when requesting aircraft information. There are several flights to different airports in the Dominican Republic. Your flights, subject to flight number, should be operated by former First Choice Boeing 767-300/ER. 5 of the 6 aircraft are in the V2 configuration and is the likely seat plan, but they are rotated regularly so there are no guarantees on the day. There's only a couple of rows that are different so it makes little difference. You'll find extensive aircraft information on our What Aircraft? guide (link below) including aircraft and cabin photos, seat plans and photos of the seats. These may help answer your questions. The bulkhead seats (row 1 premium) are designated medical seats and can't be booked this far in advance as they may be needed. Personally, I prefer normal seats rather than bulkhead as there's more room for your legs, but seating is very much personal preference. All the premium seats offer the same basic facilities so whatever you prefer. Row 9 doesn't have a window.

Darren
thanks darren.
i have looked up the various 767-300 and wondered if maybe we were going to be on a V1 i didnt realise there were medical seats although i wondered if seats 1A&B and 1F&G exist they might be reserved for crew.
we are on flight TOM154 manchester to puerto plata.
jhe,

MAN-POP-MAN (TOM154/5) are ex First Choice. They are sometimes reserved for crew on longer flights, for examplke Cancun, but not normally Rom Rep. As I mentioned, it'll more than likely be a V2 aircraft as there's only 1 V1 in the fleet, but they are rotated pretty much weekly s it's impossable to know this far from your flight.

Darren
the only reason i thought about booking bulkhead seats was although i knew there would be less legroom there wouldnt be anyone in front to recline their seat. but as you say more legroom in other seats.
seatplan opens next week so hopefully will know which plane we are due to fly on.
thanks very much for your replies darren
Row 1A&B 1F&G are not bookable as they are probably kept back for people who have babies as this is where they position the sky cots.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.