Flight Only / Airline and Airports

Discussions relating to flight only, airlines and airports.
paradiselover,

As I mentioned before, I thought it was strange when you mentioned these rows before that you have the option but are not in premium. When you were choosing your seats, were the first 5 rows unavailable?

Darren
brewerdave,

Must admit when I looked at the plans it did look like they were in premium that's why I was asking about the toilets. Would be nice if they were premium! Doubt it though there must be some explanation.

Darren,

I think the first 8 rows were unavailable. It showed 9g and 9h as the first availble seats

Anne
paradiselover,

The reason I ask, is the ex-TOM (283 seat aircraft) have 5 premium rows with economy behind them in the forward cabin. It is possible there has been a change, although it's not showing in the aircraft schedule I have. It makes little difference really, seat pitch and facilites are the same.

Darren
Hi Darren,

Can you let me know what aircraft type will be operating Gatwick - Antalya - Gatwick on TOM346/7 dep 30th July 2013. From historic information that I have found it looks like this was operated by a 767 in the summer months of last year, will this be the case again?

Thanks

Gooner
gooner1977,

LGW-AYT-LGW (TOM346/7) should be operated by Boeing 757-200 although I'll be able to confirm his after May.

Darren
Darren,

I have just rung Thomson and it is a 2-4-2 formation, sorry I never looked at the centre seats on the plan as I wanted a window seat.
I asked why it has been changed, he said it was because we were going out on a 767 and coming back on the Dreamliner so the number of seats were similar.
As far as the Dreamliner the are fully expecting it to be in service!
As there are more seats across is there less room width wise? The chap at Thomsons said not as it was a wider plane, which does not sound right surely all 767's are the same externally.

Anne
paradiselover,

That explains it then. The seats are pretty much the same, marginally narrower but the same seat pitch. The chap at Thomson isn't right in saying it's a wider fuselage between the ex-FCA and ex-TOM, they are the same basic aircraft underneath. The 787 is a little wider though although that'll have 9 abreast seating so the same seat widths as in the current ex-TOM767's. The isles are slightly narrower and the seats marginally so to give room for the extra seat. There's some hope for the 787-8 deliveries as Boeing have applied for a temporary certificate to air-test the 787 so things are looking a little more positive.

Darren
Darren,

Thanks, will keep fingers crossed all goes well the Dreamliner, I thought it was a bit silly him saying the ex-TOM was slightly wider.

Cheers

Anne
jcameron19802,

Welcome onboard :tup
LBA-DLM-LBA (TOM542/3) should be operated by Boeing 737-800, subject to when you're travelling. You'll find extensive aircraft information on our What Aircraft? guide (link below).

Darren
Hiya,

Just booked my outward bound seat's on Dreamliner May 6th Glasgow.
But the seat letters seem strange, I was assured it was 2 seats together at the window not middle.
TOM 518 06-May-2013 Glasgow - Cancun
P1 MR C SHEARER Seat 3G 1 0.00 GBP 0.00 GBP
P2 MRS B SHEARER Seat 3J 1 0.00 GBP 0.00 GBP

Anybody know the seat lettering for the dreamliner.

Thanks
colinshear,

The Boeing 787-8 is 9 abreast in economy club configured 3-3-3 (2-3-2 in Premium club), not 2-3-2 or 2-4-2 like on the 767-300/ER's. I've linked the seat plans from our What Aircraft? guide (link below). Seat lettering is A/B/C-D/E/F-G/H/J in economy club. If you're in Premium Club, the lettering should be A/C-D/E/F-G/J.

Darren
Dazbo HT Mod wrote:
colinshear,

The Boeing 787-8 is 9 abreast in economy club configured 3-3-3 (2-3-2 in Premium club), not 2-3-2 or 2-4-2 like on the 767-300/ER's. I've linked the seat plans from our What Aircraft? guide (link below). Seat lettering is A/B/C-D/E/F-G/H/J in economy club. If you're in Premium Club, the lettering should be A/C-D/E/F-G/J.

Darren

Thank's Darren, It is Premium seat's so that look ok

Cheers

Colin
I wouldn't mind betting that you will be on a 767, Mr Shearer.
They still do not seem to be any nearer finding a solution to the battery problems. Then there will be the next lot of problems.
I think I'm a pessimist!!!.
Qman wrote:
I wouldn't mind betting that you will be on a 767, Mr Shearer.
They still do not seem to be any nearer finding a solution to the battery problems. Then there will be the next lot of problems.
I think I'm a pessimist!!!.

To be honest don't matter what plane flies me there, I would have liked to have tried the dreamliner this year but I'll fly on it next year.
Just hope the replacement plane is a First Choice 767 liked them better than Thomson one's.
Hi again Darren
I have only booked my May holiday to fit in with the Dreamliner launch. I was assured when I booked that it would not be changed again (bearing in mind this has been going on since 2009). If the problems are not resolved by my holiday, I will not be going until it is.

I travel these routes regularly and have paid a considerable amount higher than the 767 prices. I love every aspect of my holidays but this one was only because of the 787 launch. I still hope all is well and I go as expected but if It does not I expect compensating for the inconvenience.

I do very much appreciate your help in this forum as you have helped me on numerous occasions but do feel this point needs addressing as obviously it's Boeings problem, but I won't be compensated by them if it all goes wrong.
Best regards
Deana
  • Edited by deana 2013-02-06 03:24:57
Hi Darren,

Given the problems with the Dreamliner, and having booked Premium Upgrade to Mexico, we have been having trouble in obtaining a yes/no answer for the past week with Thomson whether they can guarantee our seats in Premium .. this i still ongoing with them.

However, I have been told that from another source that as from March thomson will be re-introducting their EX-Thomsonfly aircrafts to run the Cancun route, which in theory will accommodate 31 passengers in Premium as opposed to 47 in Premium on the Dreamliner.

Do you have any knowlege of this?

Regards,
Pat
pat,

Given no one knows anything at the moment on how long it's going to take for Boeing to finish the fix and deliver the 787-8's, I'm not surprised they can't give you a guarantee as they won't be sure what aircraft they'll be using yet. I would leave it for the time being until information is known. I believe some flights towards the end of the winter season before the 787-8's are introduced will be ex-TOM to accommodate more passengers in readiness for the return flight. I was under the impression it was just the last couple of weeks of the season, not from March. I wouldn't worry too much at this stage, it's a while before you travel and anything could hapen between now and then as everything is in Boeings hands.

Darren
I have to agree with Darren on this Thomson are caught in the middle and can do nothing they like all Airlines with Dreamliner's are in the hands of Boeing.
I just hope that Thomson give back the extra money customers have payed to fly on the Dreamliner without a fuss.
Hi Darren,

Well, I've just had a phone call the Directors Support Team. The bottom line is they cannot guarantee my seat in Premium,they will not offer me a refund, and they cannot advise what the time scale will be in contacting customers prior to their flight of any possible changes!!

The only thing they can guarantee me,is that if aircrafts are switched and I have to travel in Economy (which I won't) they will refund the difference .... very good of them!!!!

Pat
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.