Flight Only / Airline and Airports

Discussions relating to flight only, airlines and airports.
cagzy,
my wife has the same problem and we found a small blowup pillow on the internet this fits inside her catty on bag no problem.
Hi Darren, we fly from Manchester to Punta Cana on May 4th, TOM 118, returning on May 15th, TOM173, can you tell me what planes we will be flying on and the seat configurations please.
Thank you
Heading to Sharm el Sheikh from Newcastle late April on TOM474.
Since today the return flight just dropped into the 91 day frame, I logged on and was able to book my seats. I haven’t even yet got the usual Email from Thomson telling me that seat booking is available, I assume this will come out in the next few days. I reckon I was almost the first person to book – only one couple appear to have beaten me to it.

HOWEVER – as well as the usual situation where “extra space” seats at exits have been blocked out as not bookable - I noticed that there is now a large solid block of seats, maybe 5 complete rows at the front of the plane, marked as not bookable.
Since I guess this plane is a 757 I am wondering if this is the launch of the new “Comfort Zone” which I think that Darren told us about late last year?
good idea qatarman, thanks for that! could carry one on for resting head on and use the inflatable one for behind back.
Cadge16,

MAN-PUJ-MAN (TOM118/173) are operated by former First Choice Boeing 767-300/ER. Your find extensive aircraft information on our What Aircraft? guide (link below) including configurations and seat plans.

Darren
Hi,
Flying MAN - PUJ Depart 8th may returning 2 weeks later: is it thomson or ex fca? Cheers Daren
Hi,
We have booked to go to Antalya again from Manchester (TOM 512 & 437) and have booked extra space seats. I believe this year the in bound has been upgraded to a 767 (?) as well as the outbound which was a 767 last year. It is far off being able to pre book seats but we are wondering which extra space seats to get. Would you be able to tell me a) if any dont have windows and b) which ones are near toilets so we know to avoid them due to toilet queues. We were thinking maybe of the seats near door 2??
Many thanks

pallan
Pallan,

I'm away with work at the moment so can't check on your specific flight until I get home at the weekend. You can view the seat plan for your aircraft and location of toilets on our what aircraft guide. Assuming a 767-300/ER, it'll be a short haul aircraft.

Darren
Hi all. Just wondering if anyone can advise we fly on 9th Feb to from Manchester to Sanford TOM168. Is anyone able to tell me which aircraft this will be? I know it will be an ex FCA 767.

Also thomson seem to be having a lot of long haul 767 delays. Is there a specific reason for this?

As for the ex FCA 767s have these had a refit recently at all?

Thanks in advance
pers1978,

MAN-SFB-MAN (TOM168/9) are operated by former First Choice Boeing 767-300/ER. A couple of aircraft have had technical problem recently that have resulted in a few delays and knock-on effects. Some of the ex-FCA 763's had a refit a couple of years ago. Other than that, they have the same interiors. You'll find extensive aircraft information on our What Aircraft? guide (link below).

Darren
Hi,

Many thanks for the information.

Do you know what the "technical issues" are with the ex-FCA 767's.

Cheers
pers
pers1978,

Yes, but it's not really of any relevance as they are now sorted and were nothing too major. Aircraft go wrong from time to time as they are highly complex machines and safety always comes first. While delays are inconvenient for both passengers and the airlines, safety can't be compromised so delays are unfortunate but a part of air travel.

Darren
Hi,

This isn't really a question just some information. We are booked to go from Manchester to Cancun in July on the 787. I had a phone call from Thomson today asking me if I wanted to upgrade to premium seats and was I aware that this flight would be on the dreamliner. I said, you mean assuming that the dreamliners are flying again and have been delivered to Thomsons. The reply I got was that the dreamliners would "definatley" be delivered to Thomson in plenty of time for the scheduled first dreamliner flights in May, Thomson are adamant that the dreamliner will be flying from Manchester to Cancun in May . So it seems Thomsons know more than the NTSB the JTSB and the FAA. I didn't phone them to ask this they phoned me.

anyone else had a similar call?
chriskim,

It's just a courtesy call to sell an upgrade seat. No one at this stage knows for sure if the aircraft will be delivered or be flying by then. It is assumed they will be, but there are no gaurantees so I wouldn't read too much in to what you were told.

Darren
Hi Darren,

I know it was just a sales call trying to get me to upgrade, but bearing in mind that the cause of the battery issues haven't been identified yet. Its a bold statement from Thomson that the Dreamliner will "definately" be flying intime for their May schedule. I didn't read anything into what they told me I was just suprised that that is what they are telling customers.
I hope it is ready in time for May but if I was in their position i'm not so sure i would be as confident.

Thanks

Chris
Hi Can anyone tell me what aircraft is operating the TOMÂ 542 from LBA to Dalaman please?
Hiya Dazbo,

We are flying from Manchester - Cancun TOM108 on 21/4/13 returning on 6/5/13 on TOM519. Could you tell me what the outbound aircraft will be?
We are supposed to be travelling back on the Dreamliner!
The seat plan opens tomorrow and we like to sit in front of the wings could you tell me which window seats to avoid on each aircraft. We don't want to pick a windowless seat.

What happens if the Dreamliner is not operational on the 6/5/13 and you have booked your seats, and will the alternative aircraft have the same number of seats?

Many Thanks
Anne
:)
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.