Flight Only / Airline and Airports

Discussions relating to flight only, airlines and airports.
cagzy,

Sorry, I missed that bit! No problems with your own food and drinks, just remember security restrictions. You won't be able to bring liquids through but you can purchase them airside and take them onboard. Any alcohol has to be purchased onboard, you can't consume your duty free.

Darren
That's great, once again, thanks Darren ... there were a lot of questions in my original post!!!
Thanks Darren i take the 737-800 has the range for Hurghada ?.
Not sure which topic this should be on so bear with me as I have looked.

Trying to book an A/I holiday to Cancun in November from Manchester with First Choice. Noticed there is always a price difference of a couple of hundred quid between Wednesdays and weekend (Sat) ?

Is this down to the new Dreamliner only flying to Cancun on Saturdays/Sundays ?
I'm assuming that the prices are higher for the weekend flight? If they are this is most likely due to market forces. It's easier for most people to book annual leave from work on the basis of taking full working weeks and also it can reduce the time you need to actually take from your allowance if you do that. For example, I'll be flying to Holguin, Cuba in March and will be flying from Gatwick on a Tuesday and I arrive back early on Wednesday morning and even if I fly straight back up to Scotland I won't be back in work until the Thursday at the earliest so I'll need to book a minimum of 12 days off work compared to only 10 if I was going for the same number of nights in Cuba but based on Saturday flights. And we all know that the more popular a flight the higher the price, hence why daytime flights are usually more expensive than night flights etc.

I need to be in Cuba for the 9-22 of March for a particular course and would have preferred to go for three weeks from Saturday 6 March to Saturday 27 March because I'd only have needed to book an extra 3 days leave to have 3 instead of just 2 weeks there but couldn't get flights at reasonable prices for those dates which sort of proves the point.

SM
SMa - I looked at flights/holidays to the Carib for the end of March back in last August ; they were very pricey then! Assumed it was because Easter falls at the end of March this year.
I know - they pile it on for when the school holidays start and hence why in the end I booked so that I'm returning just before the Easter weekend.

SM
That's what I half suspected, but it doesn't really answer my initial query ?

Will the Thomson 787 Dreamliner only fly to Cancun from Manchester on a Saturday and Sunday in it's 'winter' 2013/14 programme ?

Anyone ?
All the Dreamliner flights are detailed in the back of their brochure. On the Thomsons site it tells you while you're going through a booking, but not sure if FC does.
Mustafaholiday,

I've provided the link on our what Aircraft? guide where the 787-8's are flying to, and as Sunaddict mentions, it's in the brochure towards the rear.

Darren
Mustafaholiday,

I've just had a look in the Thomson brouchure May 2013-April 2014 brochure (have a copy at home) and according to their flight schedule the Dreamliner will be flying out of Manchester to Cancun on Sunday's and Monday's from the 4th May through to the 20th Oct.
Flying to Corfu from Gatwick on 17 June TOM4116 and back 1 July TOM4117, can you advise what aircraft this will be please?
I have been told I can prebook specific seats from 90 days before, is this correct and will I see a seat plan? What is the seat pitch and configuration please?
If you've paid for select your seat you can prebook seats 90 days prior, and you will see a seating plan.
paulajf,

LGW-CFU-LGW (TOM4116/7) should be operated by Boeing 737-800. You'll find extensive aircraft information, including seat plans, linked from our What Aircraft? guide (link below). Seats can be selected from 90 days prior to your flight but check a few days before as they are sometimes loaded early.

Darren
Thinking of Boa Vista in the Cape Verde Islands next November flying with Thomson on tThursday 28th Nov. from Manchester,could anyone tell me the aircraft used and more importantly the leg room or lack of leg room on offer.
Alan

Merged with existing topic. Dazbo HT Mod
gramps,

Please quote flight numbers when requestng aircraft information. There are sometimes multiple flights so it ensures we get the correct information for you. MAN-BVC-MAN (assuming TOM278/9) are operated by Boeing 757-200. You'll find extensive aircraft information including the information you're asking about, on our What Aircraft? guide (link below).

Darren
Looks like the old warhorse 767s are going to still be on long haul this summer, the Dreamliner is a very good plane a work mate travelled on the Qatar Airways plane to Dubai a couple of times but the latest problems are not filling passengers with confidence or might I add flight crew.
qatarman,

It's way to early to be saying that at this stage. It looks like the first couple will be delayed (first one was already expected later than scheduled anyway) but there's a couple of months yet. G-TUIA was due in short haul service on 15th Feb with G-TUIB on the 28th and G-TUIC/D in April. If Boeing can come up with a fix, things may get back on track. Bear in mind half of the current long haul 767's were remaining in the fleet for the time being anyway so they'll still be around. G-OOAN, G-PJLO and G-DBLA are expected to leave the fleet at the end of April. IF the 787-8's don't enter service as scheduled, dissapointment should be guided towards Boeing and not Thomson Airways.

Darren
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.