Flight Only / Airline and Airports

Discussions relating to flight only, airlines and airports.
beastof wrote:
Hi Darren, we are staying on Isla Mujeres just off Cancun, our flight is supposed To take 10.5 hours thus making it pretty tight to get through the airport, taxi and catch the last ferry at 11.30pm to the island, do these delayed flights make time up in the air where possible, and have you please got a new eta for TOM092.

Thanks Peter

Looks like it will be a struggle to catch the ferry with a flight time showing of 11hrs 15mins. Showing arrival in Cancun at 10.15pm local. Still, not the longest I have seen to Cancun.
I see Thomson Airways had an arrival into manchester this morning from the Boeing Airfield in Seattle, was this one of the 787's.
We left at approx 16.50 UK time and landed at 21.20 (Mexican time 6 hours behind UK), 10.5 hours flight time approx,after time was made up by cutting off a dogleg over Florida, (Captain's info). We caught the last ferry at 23.30 and are enjoying room service in the hotel!
Thanks for your input.
Regards Peteri
L10-11,

It was a delivery flight of a 73H. Rumour has it the second 787 will be delivered before the first. It'll be another few weeks yet.

Darren
Dazbo, do you know what has happened to G-OOBM ?? Doesn't appear to have flown since 27/12
Hi Darren, Thomson flights Manchester to Hurghada are they by 737-800 or 757.
qatarman,

It depends when and which flight as there are several weekly and vary.

Darren
Hi Daz,

We fly out to Cuba from LGW on 19/2/13 (TOM094). Seats etc already booked but because I'm an anorak, which incoming flight will our aircraft be doing beforehand? I like to keep an eye on things :cool:
Chappers,

Your aircraft normally comes in from Cancun (TOM038/9).

Darren
Thanks for that - always handy to keep an eye on things while I'm sat in the hotel/bar the night before.
Hi,

Can you please tell me if in longhaul economy (NOT Dreamliner):

Do you get a blanket and pillow?

Are the armrests movable?

Is there a noticeable difference in seat width than premium?

Are you allowed to bring your own soft drinks and snacks on board?

Can you still pay £5 to upgrade your TV so that you have more movie choice and can pause, rewind, etc?

Are the headphones provided noise-cancelling ones?

Flying Man-Cun in August and have not upgraded to premium this time so don't really know what to expect.

Thanks.
cagzy,

You'll get a blanket / pillow on the overnight sector. Arm rests are movable in economy, but fixed in premium. Seat width in economy and premium are roughly the same, there's only a small difference and not all that noticable. You can still upgrade IFE in economy for £5, the listing is linked from our What Aircraft? guide (link below) and updated every 2 months. Headphones in economy are standard ones, but noise cancelling in premium. You'll find extensive aircraft information on our what Aircraft? guide with links to seat plans, aircraft and seat phoos as well as lots of other information.

Darren
Hi Darren,

We have just booked Premium Club on the Dreamliner (hopefully) to Mexico in August. Apart from the obvious ie same IFE and meals, what will be the most noticeable difference from the other aircraft flying to Cancun?

Regards,
Pat
pat,

I've posted some of the differences on our What Aircraft? guide. Other than the seat design and 2" extra seat pitch (over the ex-FCA 763's), you may not notice much of a difference. While there are technical differences with the aircraft, the service levels will be pretty much the same. The windows are larger and are electrochromic dimming rather than blinds and the cabin has a lower altitude, ie there's more air pressure (oxygen) and it's more humid. This in theory makes you feel less tired although the difference is marginal according to those that have travelled on the 787-8 so far. The aircraft is quieter and a smidgen faster. The main feature of the 787-8 is fuel economy and technical advances.

Darren
Thank you Darren ... just hope it's not too much more humid than it normally is:((

Regards,
Pat
pat,

Aircraft cabins in-flight are normally quite dry due to the cabin altitude, that's why you tend to feel dehydrated on medium and long haul flights. The 787-8 cabin should be about 2,000 ft lower than regular passenger aircraft (6,000ft compared to 8,000ft) but as I mention, many are saying they haven't felt the benefit from it but I suppose it's personal perception. It's a little more complicated than this but we'll just have to wait and see.

Darren
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.