Flight Only / Airline and Airports

Discussions relating to flight only, airlines and airports.
Dazbo HT Mod wrote:
shaper546,

As far as I'm aware, things are still up in the air so to speak with no further update on what aircraft is being used when as yet. You'll be contacted in due course with information about your flight and any changes. Depending on the aircraft used, there are more premium seats on the current aircraft (ex-FCA), but less economy so something will have to give. I suspect there'll be a reconfiguration to accommodate the needs. The information i'm getting, though is yet to be confirmed, is the 787-8 is unlikely to be in long haul service before the start of the winter season in November 2013.

Darren

Darren comments like that will cause panic & mass hysteria once word gets out ...... Lol you know no one wants to fly on anything else but the dreamliner. :evil:
Grahamy wrote:
you know no one wants to fly on anything else but the dreamliner

I'm not so sure about that at the moment after a couple had smoke coming out of their bellies. I know a few who wouldn't step foot on one until they've been proven reliable. Wouldn't stop me however! Still, nothing anyone can do apart from wait for them to be delivered. As long as something safe gets you to your destination and back, it's the bit between the flights that's most important :sun2 :cheers

Darren
That last comment was meant to be sarcastic :whoops
Hopefully all will be resolved soon . We are flying NCL-SFB-NCL In September & due to fly on the old trusty 767 but i would still fly on the 787 tomorrow.
Daz, Hi, please could you confirm something for me. We are flying on 21-06-13 on TOM436/437
we booked the friday morning flights as I had information that these were on the 767-304 but am now finding more information showing that its more likely to be ona 752, could you confirm for me?

Cheers

:-)
Thomson have just announced that "Customers travelling in May and June will be transferred to Thomson Airways' 767 aircraft."

According to BBC News
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-21667233

Z.J.C
Somehow I think it's going to be getting VERY busy in here. :think
Thomson appear to be answering questions on the 787 blog.

They are reassuring passengers that economy club will still benefit from 33" leg room which is a positive if they can maintain this promise.

Z.J.C
They want to hope the dreamliner flights were not full, because the have nothing else large enough to accommodate a full load .
Exactly what I thought, I have noticed that no flights on Thomson website are showing as Dreamliner flights now.

I wonder if it will be a case of Thomson ringing around asking people if they are willing to transfer to another date.

Z.J.C
Or they could just have taken some seats off sale, when it became apparent that the Dreamliner problems weren't going to be a quick fix.
I have already seen on different forums where people have chosen to amend their bookings to different departure airports, and destinations, so it may not be a problem, even if they did fully book the seats.
So will thomsons be using Arkfly & TUIFly Nordic 767's as well as there own , as all existing 767 s will be on planned routes will they not ?
Will they still be using 767's on short haul this summer ?
Grahamy wrote:
So will thomsons be using Arkfly & TUIFly Nordic 767's as well as there own , as all existing 767 s will be on planned routes will they not ?
Will they still be using 767's on short haul this summer ?

Thomson have extended the leases on two of the Ex-FCA that were due to leave the fleet and rumors have it that one of the Thomson 767's will be staying in the fleet that was planned to leave. This gives them the 3 aircraft needed to compensate for the 787's that were due to be in long haul service by May

Z.J.C
maddave25,

I won't be able to confirm it until May if you want to remind me then.

Darren
Grahamy,

I posted details of the lease extension here.

The latest information is on Thomsons website and Thomson: Live The Dreamliner.

Darren
Dazbo HT Mod wrote:
Grahamy,

I posted details of the lease extension here.

The latest information is on Thomsons website and Thomson: Live The Dreamliner.

Darren

Should have gone to specsavers :rofl
Hi,

Having spoke to Thomson on the phone onbehalf of family due to travel in May they have confirmed the standard economy cabin will continue.

However, when I asked them about my flights in July they said they cannot make any promises in regards to leg room and IFE as the plans will have to be adjusted.

I do hope I am not subject to the short haul 767, im stopping booking with Thomson every long haul fight I take with them ends up on the short haul config 767!

No Luck! :whoops

Z.J.C
OK – here’s another spin on the Dreamliner fiasco...
Thomson have removed all references to the Dreamliner from their flight programme. So you must expect to be on one of their 767 planes if going longhaul.
HOWEVER – one assumes that Boeing will solve the battery spontaneous combustion issue fairly soon, elsewise they will be losing millions if not billions of dollars in compensation and cancelled orders. The damage to their company has to be huge.
(And I really would not like to be the Boeing engineer who suggested at the design stage “Hey, let’s use this really neat new battery from Japan”)
SO – one has to assume that sometime later in 2013 the 787s will start flying again, and deliveries will recommence at the fastest delivery rate Boeing can manage.
THUS – folk who book right now long haul Thomson holidays for late in 2013 or early in 2014 might well actually get to fly on a nice new 787 without having to pay any supplement!
Obviously the delays are not Thomson's fault, they are Boeing's.
If I were in charge of TUI plc. I would cancel the Dream/Nightmareliners and buy the new blue improved fantastic Airbus A350 with the brilliant Rolls Royce (no we are not paying tax for the Government to waste) engines, produced in a factory near to where I live with workers who live locally to me.
I know this plane has not flown yet, but they are watching and learning from the massive Boeing c**k up! So I am sure there will not be any delays.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.