Flight Only / Airline and Airports

Discussions relating to flight only, airlines and airports.
The it's row 6a-h 15 cde 17ab/gh I wouldn't bother with any further back. Personally I'd go for row 6, 40" of leg room and same bigger monitors as premium club.
BY-TOM-AMM-FCA wrote:
The it's row 6a-h 15 cde 17ab/gh I wouldn't bother with any further back. Personally I'd go for row 6, 40" of leg room and same bigger monitors as premium club.

Great seat info,will pass it on. Seats go online soon.

:tup
AMSTERDAM wrote:
BY-TOM-AMM-FCA wrote:

Great seat info,will pass it on. Seats go online soon.

:tup

Are these the best 'extra space seats'? I book mine soon, just wondered which ones people prefer.

James
noooooobs,

Seating is personal preference. There are no 'best' seats as it's whatever you prefer. If you're on an ex-TOM 763, row 6 is the roomiest, row 20 on the ex-FCA. If its legroom you want, they are the rows with the most. Bear in mind these seats are marginally narrower as the tray table and IFE screen fold out from the arm rest and the arm rests are fixed.

Darren
Dazbo HT Mod wrote:
noooooobs,

Seating is personal preference. There are no 'best' seats as it's whatever you prefer. If you're on an ex-TOM 763, row 6 is the roomiest, row 20 on the ex-FCA. If its legroom you want, they are the rows with the most. Bear in mind these seats are marginally narrower as the tray table and IFE screen fold out from the arm rest and the arm rests are fixed.

Darren

Thanks darren
Heads up for people travelling on the ex TOM 767 - if you decide to book row 6 yes you get more legroom, but still thr standard economy seats however seats 6: CDEF are 4 seats but have to share 3 personal seat back tvs. You can pics of the ex TOM long haul 767 at
http://Www.thomsonlonghaul.webs.com
Seating is personal preference. There are no 'best' seats as it's whatever you prefer

But remember, there really are some "WORST" seats on the FCA 767 planes.
Row 19 does NOT recline but row 18 does.
So if you are stuck in 19 with an inconsiderate“slam it back at takeoff” person in row 18,
then you are going to have a very unpleasant journey with their headrest virtually stuck up your nose and much, much less than 33 inches of space.
You will be very lucky indeed if you manage to eat your meal or see your TV.
Row 19 on FCA767 planes should be avoided at all costs.
Darren - any info on what config planes they are planning to use on the LGW-SFB route in June pls?
Thanks in advance. I've booked premium and am wondering how many seats there will be.
Not able to book seats yet as they still have the 787 seat plan uploaded. Would of thought they would of changed that by now.
ukbill wrote:
Seating is personal preference. There are no 'best' seats as it's whatever you prefer

But remember, there really are some "WORST" seats on the FCA 767 planes.
Row 19 does NOT recline but row 18 does.
So if you are stuck in 19 with an inconsiderate“slam it back at takeoff” person in row 18,
then you are going to have a very unpleasant journey with their headrest virtually stuck up your nose and much, much less than 33 inches of space.
You will be very lucky indeed if you manage to eat your meal or see your TV.

Row 19 does recline (unless they've changed it).

It did NOT recline in January 2013 on the journey to Cancun on a FCA767, and the flight crew were apologetic but could do nothing. It's been reported previouosly by other HT members.
Row 19 on exFCA767s is the row from hell - if, as we had, you get the inconsiderate recliner in front of you.
Apparently because 19 is in front of the emergency exit, the air safety rules mean that it MUST NOT recline.
Maybe BY-TOM-AMM-FCA or Darren could confirm this?
noooooobs wrote:
Not able to book seats yet as they still have the 787 seat plan uploaded. Would of thought they would of changed that by now.

I believe once everyone has confirmed/cancelled/amended in the 2 week slot - we will be able to choose our seats. I have been told my refund will be made some time after 19th March so expect to see the new plan after that date. i am travelling on 29th June so not long to wait now :)
ukbill wrote:

It did NOT recline in January 2013 on the journey to Cancun on a FCA767, and the flight crew were apologetic but could do nothing. It's been reported previouosly by other HT members.
Row 19 on exFCA767s is the row from hell - if, as we had, you get the inconsiderate recliner in front of you.
Apparently because 19 is in front of the emergency exit, the air safety rules mean that it MUST NOT recline.

See Darren's post on this page dated April 15th.
http://www.holidaytruths.co.uk/forum/thomson-airways-t68846-800.html?hilit=row%2019%20767#p1524936

May be it's just the 2s that can't be reclined?
I think you maybe explained it sunaddict
It was the window side pairs that I know did not recline.
So to qualify my "seats from hell" comment
- I suggest folk avoid 19A, 19B, 19F and 19G on FCA767s like the plague!
bugalug,

You don't quote a flight number, but LGW-SFB-LGW are operated by Boeing 767-300/ER. There will be 31 or 63 premium seats, subject to the aircraft assigned to your flight.

Darren
ukbill wrote:

That's correct to avoid the seat backs blocking the emergency exit door when reclined. Row 19 C/D/E have full recline, I've sat in them many times.

ukbill wrote:

In your opinion. I still maintain seating is personal preference.

Darren
seating is personal preference

OK - understood.
But I don't think I know many people who would personally prefer to sit in non-reclinable 19A/B or 19F/G when an inconsiderate lout in row 18 fully reclines for the whole 9 hour flight preventing you seeing the TV or accessing your table.
gav008 wrote:
Heads up for people travelling on the ex TOM 767 - if you decide to book row 6 yes you get more legroom, but still thr standard economy seats however seats 6: CDEF are 4 seats but have to share 3 personal seat back tvs. You can pics of the ex TOM long haul 767 at
http://Www.thomsonlonghaul.webs.com

No you don't, there are 4 Tv screens. One is just in the arm rest :think similar to the extra space seats.
Also row 12 on ex FCA have the toilet doors opening directly onto them all flight. Ex-FCA are not the holy grail for holidaytruths that some members make out.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.