Flight Only / Airline and Airports

Discussions relating to flight only, airlines and airports.
Just tip in CUC's for good service, that way they can buy what they really need. A lot of things that are gifted get sold on the blackmarket for cash. Better to just give cash in the first place. One hotel I went to, one of the cupboards behind the bar was stuffed full of colouring books going mouldy! They appreciate a smile, a thank you very much, and to be treated with respect, as much as anything (and obviously tips in CUCs are much appreciated!).
Sunaddict wrote:
Just tip in CUC's for good service, that way they can buy what they really need. A lot of things that are gifted get sold on the blackmarket for cash. Better to just give cash in the first place. One hotel I went to, one of the cupboards behind the bar was stuffed full of colouring books going mouldy! They appreciate a smile, a thank you very much, and to be treated with respect, as much as anything (and obviously tips in CUCs are much appreciated!).

Thanks again for your help sunaddict.

Gav
FCA rang today to tell us seat selection is available,on our hols to Bavaro in June.

We will be travelling with our three yr old.

Do u think the £70 is a must to pay or not.

The only thing we need is to be together in the middle 3 seats.

We will be at Gatwick the day before to check in so do you think we will be ok.
:think
z.j.c wrote:
Hey

Does anyone know what the new longhaul service thomson are launching in May is?

I've seen them mention it a number of times on the 787 blog but doesn't go into detail?

It will be launched soon, but snippits include free tui snacks mid flight, all seats receive upgraded IFE so no charge in economy, Branded food and hot drinks as the second meal, branded coffee/tea during first meal service. china mugs returning to premium instead of the small cups currently offered. the amount spent per passenger on food has roughly doubled so this should translate into better food offerings- more than BA spend per economy passenger on food.

The drinks service in premium will be delivered from a cart now, similar to BA/Virgin which will make it a quicker for everyone to get a drink.

*branded-not sure if I am allowed to mention brand :que so won't for the time being, can't remember if its already in the public domain ;)
Maiseydaiseydoo,

Are you asking if it's worth paying the £70 to pre-book / select your seats? Only you can answer that really. If you want the peace of mind of knowing you've got the seats together or want to select specific ones, then it might be worth if for you. If you aren't too fussed where you sit, chances are, you'll be assigned seating together in the middle of the aircraft, maybe across the isle if you're unlucky. Using day before check-in won't make a difference as seating is assigned the day before anyway using a computer model. There are no guarantees you'll be sat together without pre-booking, but you should be ok and get 3 in the middle if you didn't want to pay the £70.

Darren
Also mentioned on the thomsons blog was that some of the 767s have had a bit of a makeover inside, few rows of premium have been removed to make a roomier cabin, (supposedly ), any more info.
I was initially really disappointed not to be getting our premium seats on the dreamliner, more so because my 9 year old is a bit of a plane buff and he was really excited about it, but I am resigned to flying on a 767 so just looking for as much info as I can get.
Heard on the thomsons blog that some of the 767's have had a "re-fresh" on the inside and that a few rows have been removed to create a roomier premium cabin, not sure if anyone has any more info.
BY-TOM-AMM-FCA wrote:
z.j.c wrote:
Hey

Does anyone know what the new longhaul service thomson are launching in May is?

I've seen them mention it a number of times on the 787 blog but doesn't go into detail?

It will be launched soon, but snippits include free tui snacks mid flight, all seats receive upgraded IFE so no charge in economy, Branded food and hot drinks as the second meal, branded coffee/tea during first meal service. china mugs returning to premium instead of the small cups currently offered. the amount spent per passenger on food has roughly doubled so this should translate into better food offerings- more than BA spend per economy passenger on food.

The drinks service in premium will be delivered from a cart now, similar to BA/Virgin which will make it a quicker for everyone to get a drink.

*branded-not sure if I am allowed to mention brand :que so won't for the time being, can't remember if its already in the public domain ;)

Thanks for coming back to me, sounds interesting they really are upping the game with their long haul service looking forward to my flight even more now,

Z.J.C
Cheers daz,

We will decide tonight!!

How many hrs to Bavaro?
Hi guys

I've booked our honeymoon to Mexico and we're flying on TOM048 from Gatwick to Cancun.

I've paid for Premium and prebooked seats 9A and 9B, on the basis that they were at the back of the cabin and therefore no one behind us if we put seats back.

Any experience of these seats or flight? Concerned that there is a loo nearby....

Thanks

Rob
Need a hol wrote:
Heard on the thomsons blog that some of the 767's have had a "re-fresh" on the inside and that a few rows have been removed to create a roomier premium cabin, not sure if anyone has any more info.

767 or 757?
767's., don't know if they are trying to improve them because of the Dreamliner saga. We had booked premium seats on the dreamliner but we are now on a 767, which is a little disappointing, however, safety first. Just trying to get as much info on them as poss.
Looking forward to our holiday regardless of which plane, but it would be nice to know what to expect.
Thanks
downhuman wrote:
Hi guys

I've booked our honeymoon to Mexico and we're flying on TOM048 from Gatwick to Cancun.

I've paid for Premium and prebooked seats 9A and 9B, on the basis that they were at the back of the cabin and therefore no one behind us if we put seats back.

Any experience of these seats or flight? Concerned that there is a loo nearby....

Thanks

Rob

If this is an exFCA767 I believe the nearest toilets are next to row 11 in the economy section. I dont think row 9 gets a window just a wall.
downhuman,

Seating is personal preference. Row 9 are as good as the others in premium in terms of seat pitch and comfort. However, there's no window on that row. There's a toilet positioned behind row 9 at row 11, seperated by the L2 door with a curtain pulled across the isle to seperate the cabins. It doesn't disturb passengers in row 9 though. You'll find extensive aircraft information on our what Aircraft? guide (link below).

Darren
Think this is meant for you ukbill, but good for me to know anyway.
Maiseydaiseydoo wrote:
Cheers daz,

We will decide tonight!!

How many hrs to Bavaro?

From Punta Cana airport, about an hour depending on how many hotels you stop at onroute. Flight time, subject to winds and routing is approximately 9.5 hours (outbound, 8.5 hours inbound).

Darren
Need a hol wrote:

I have also heard this but not found any other info

Z.J.C
There is no increase in seat pitch in the premium cabin on replacement aircraft as far as i'm aware. That's why those originally booked in the premium club cabin on the 787-8 are being refunded and compensated for 2" less seat pitch.

Darren
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.