Flight Only / Airline and Airports

Discussions relating to flight only, airlines and airports.
here a link on seat guru with seat plan for dreamliner also has a couple of pictures of interior,
hope this doesnt contravine any rules or regulations .

http://www.seatplans.com/airlines/Thomson-Airways/seatplan-classes/B787-Business
Darren is the 90days before you can choose your seat including the day of your return flight?
qatarman,

It's normally 90 from your return flight date although it can be a day or two either way when the flight is loaded.

Darren
This may be old news but Just a bit of advice for anyone flying with ex Thomson type b767. Seat Numbers 35 G&H . Seating is tight width wise and the middle armrest don't budge as its where the trays are stored. Also,on our aircraft out of Manchester ( Tom 194/5) & despite paying extra for legroom seats 35 G H are freezing cold with no way of adjusting the airflow coming down from the overhead vent system,this could will effect asthma suffers as it did the misses for 10 hours. Despite asking for the heating to be turned up a tad 3 times during long trip to Cancun,they said it was not possible due to a 'design fault ' or something ?

:que
Whomenever,

Row 35 G/H, being at the front of the rear cabin doesn't have a seat infront and therefore the IFE screen and tray table needs to store in the arm rest. All exit / extra legroom rows have this feature with slightly less seat width. It's not unique to TOM aircraft, all aircraft with these seats have the same seat width reduction.

Darren
Small Tv was on the bulkhead in front but get your point mate. Have you had comments on this part of the aircraft being so cold before,they gave us all (the entire row) a blanket,but the cold draft came from above and effected everyone,even peeps with thick jumpers on got frozen but the rows behind seemed Ok ? Never had this problem so bad, remember over wing exit seats once on route to Corfu being draughty,this was something else mate. Return flight was just the same,people in A&B on the other side wore shorts and almost froze to death,one Lad asked for another blanket,but got told to sit down and grin and bear it as its one blanket only..not good at all and no explanation other than 'its a design fault ' or something ?

Holiday was great btw,as was the flight,wouldn't choose those seats again,once bitten ect.

:whoops
Whomenever,

Cabin temperature is very much subjective, but areas near to doors, although you had the toilet infront, is normally less than rows away from the door areas.This is due to there being less thermal insulation in the cabin walls at the doors and with outside temperatures being well below freezing (not uncommon to be >-40c), these rows can feel colder. You do also tend to get a draft in these areas so you aren't the only one to comment about them being a little chilly. Personally, I tend to find cabin temeratures are set a little high so don't mind the chillier temperatures near to doors, but some find them too cold. This is why I always say seating is personal preference. What one person likes, others won't.

Darren
Agree to disagree on this one . Maybe a one off..dunno. :que Great site with brilliant info btw,roll on new Dreamliners,already thinking of another bash at long haul next year.

Thanks for replying re fear of flying last month,much appreciated,stayed calm on both legs this time. It's good to talk ect.

:tup
For any Facebook users,
Thomson have updated their Facebook page with interior photos of the 787 Dreamliner economy cabin. Looks nice!

Hope that may be useful.
Wish they would update with Premium Club only seen 3 photos so far
Hi ,

Could you tell me what type of aircraft I am flying on with Thomson.

Its from Man to Verona 29th June 14.40 hrs departure.

Thanks..
Hi Darren,

Could I please ask you what type of aircraft is planned for Manchester to Punta Cana?
Details are:
21 Aug 13 TOM 172 Out Bound
31 Aug 13 TOM 119 In Bound

Great thread btw
tigger,

Please quote flight numbers when possible as there's often several flights. This ensures we get the correct information for you. MAN-VRN-MAN (TOM2636/7 or TOM2628/9?) are operated by Boeing 737-800.

Darren
salfordimp,

Welcome onboard :tup
MAN-PUJ-MAN (TOM172/119) are operated by former Thomsonfly Boeing 767-300/ER (long haul). You'll find extensive aircraft information on our What Aircraft? guide (link below).

Darren
Hi Darren,
regarding the 787 fleet; Do you know if TOM are planning to operate all of their 787s in a long haul configuration?
Or will they operate them in a similar way to their curent 767 fleet with some configured for long haul and some configured for short haul?
There is certainly demand on some short/mid haul flights from MAN and LGW for a larger capacity aircraft meaning the 737s and 757s are too small.

Just wondering,
Kind regards.
jmac,

As far as i'm aware, they are all for long haul operations until the rest of the fleet is delivered. The 4 delivered this year will all be in long haul configuration. There are 767's configured for short haul on high density routes.

Darren
The 787 's have more capacity than the short haul 767's , so i believe anyway . Could be wrong of cause.
Grahamy,

Current short haul 767's have 328 seats (all economy). The 787's have 291 (47 Y+ / 244Y).

Darren
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.