Flight Only / Airline and Airports

Discussions relating to flight only, airlines and airports.
knitter46,

BHX-MBJ-BHX (TOM564/5) are operated by former First Choice Boeing 767-300/ER.

Darren
Hi Darren & danieljames86

Thank you very much for the advice and information

appreciated

Allymc316
Hi,

Starting my annual plane watch in the build up to our holiday. We depart Gatwick on 3rd July for 14 nights going to Jamaica. Can anyone tell me where the incoming flight is coming from prior to doing our flight on the 3rd?

Flight numbers are Tom36 and Tom37

I am looking this morning and see there is a delay of an hour. I assume incoming plane delayed so has a knock on effect?
The aircraft flies empty from Newcastle after operating cancun-Newcastle. Those sort of flights always tend to pick up delays as the nature of them. They need as much paperwork as a regular flight and as it is so short they struggle to make up much time.
BY-TOM-AMM-FCA

Thanks for you helpful response.

I am holding out hope that they do a Dreamliner crew familiarisation flight to Jamaica on 3rd July before going to Florida / Mexico as the 767's seem to have put in around 20 years of service and seem to be showing age!

But hey the answer is in the name of the 787......I can still dream! :cheers

Allymc316
Hi there,

Was looking at some last minute flights.

Manchester to Rhodes, TOM2658 on Sat 8th June and
Rhodes to Manchester, TOM2695 on Sun 9th June.

Does anyone know which aircraft are scheduled to fly both of these flights on those dates?
I'm flying to Greece in 10 days, first time travelling with my daughter who is 5 months old. When I originally booked the holiday we were told that they seat families together so we didn't pay to select our seats, when I spoke to them last week they said that that wasn't the case. Does anyone know if when we get to the airport if there's any leeway to change seats if we're not sat together? I've also realised that ideally I'd have an aisle seat so that I can get up and walk about with her to keep her calm without disturbing other passengers, and also that'd give me extra elbow room to feed her. I don't want to kick people out of seats they've paid for, just wondering if they can juggle round any that were allocated by them.

There's no way of telling what seats are still left until we've paid for it so could end up paying for nothing if all the seats together have gone so don't really want to pay for nothing, especially as they didn't tell us we had to pay to hire a cot at the apartments.

We'll be checking in the day before if that makes any difference.

Thanks
The only requirement is one adult next to young children, but no your party may be split up, if the majority of the aircraft have paid they won't move people to accommodate they don't have the authority to. Head office do the seating plan a few days out.
I wouldn't want them to move anyone that had paid, I'd rather be split up than that! I just wasn't sure if they could rearrange the seats that haven't been paid for once we get to the airport.
Daz,
Firstly thanks to yourself and all the other informed contributors who give their time to support this forum, its greatly appreciated.
Previously I have usually been able to source the info I require by searching previous posts and following the links to seatplan etc. However on this occasion I have not got a definitive answer. I am blaming the Dreamliner for the knock on effect :haha

We fly to Montego bay 5th Sept on TOM 162 from Manchester. I have been able to establish that the aircraft is a 767-300 or 304 ER but cant confirm whether it will be ex FCA or TOM or which version. We have premium seats booked but as the config is different according to the variant it would be useful to know what type is currently planned. I appreciate nothing is guaranteed until you step off at the other end!
The on line reservations are due to open shortly so any information you can offer will be gratefully received.

Thanks again
Angusmac_coatup,

Welcome onboard :tup
MAN-MBJ-MAN (TOM162/3) are operated by former Thomsonfly Boeing 767-300/ER (long haul / 283 seats). currently.

Darren
BHXDMT,

Welcome onboard :tup
MAN-RHO-MAN (TOM2658/2695 ) are operated by Boeing 767-300/ER (short haul). You'll find extensive aircraft information on our What Aircraft? guide (link below).

Darren
allymc316 wrote:
But hey the answer is in the name of the 787......I can still dream!

A dream it will be, no 787-8 on that flight I'm afraid.

Darren
Hi, can you tell me what plane it will be on the 12th August Gatwick to Puerto Plata. TOM076

Many thanks!

merged with existing topic. Dazbo HT Mod
Does anyone have a link to the Thomson Dreamliner blog, the one with questions regarding the update for customers that were due to fly in May & June?

I couldn't find it last week & it's not there when you click on the 787 Dreamliner link now.....or has it been suspended altogether?

Thanks,

gaz
neavsie,

LGW-POP-LGW (TOM076/7) are operated by former First Choice Boeing 767-300/ER.

Darren
Hi just checking today's flight for tom2608 from Manchester to Mahon. We go on this one in five weeks. I am reliably informed that this will be a 737 (thanks Darren). However, when looking at the registration g-fdzb a search says this one recently flew to Sanford. Can this be right? Not expecting it to necessarily by G-FDZB so just curious.
Kevmajor,

You can't rely on ACARS / ADS-B, its not always accurate as in the example you mention.

Darren
Thinking on going to the Cape Verde island withThomsons, flying from Manchester on 23 rd Nov. It's a 7hour10 min flight, what will Thomsons be offering for legroom? Could not face that length with 29 inches only
Alan
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.