Flight Only / Airline and Airports

Discussions relating to flight only, airlines and airports.
james 84,

I haven't seen any 787-8 flights listed to TFS in July. In anycase, they'll be entering long haul service from 8th July so won't be used on short haul after that date as far as I know.

How many flights are you planning on taking in July? I don't mind answering your flight questions for flights you've booked, but this is your 3rd post for flights around that date with 2 different airlines now. MAN-TFS-MAN (TOM2560/2203) are operated by Boeing 737-800 / boeing 767-304/ER respectively.

Darren
Dazbo HT Mod wrote:
james 84,

I haven't seen any 787-8 flights listed to TFS in July. In anycase, they'll be entering long haul service from 8th July so won't be used on short haul after that date as far as I know.

Darren

Cheers Darren. Can you please advise on which aircraft types will be used for my flights then?

Thanks
Hi jhe,

It is 84 days before my outbound flight (26th Aug), and 95 days before my inbound flight (6th Sept). I'm going for 11 nights.

Every day all last week I had the same insistence from Thomson, but I checked on here and decided to keep trying and finally got there today, 95 days before my return flight.

I received an e-mail confirmation too.

I still have to wait up to another 5 days to book my return seats but I feel happy I've got at least my outbound seats booked.

I also think the seat plan should open for everyone at the same time on the same flight, but whilst it's still not their policy, I've had to keep phoning!

Caroline.
james 84 wrote:
Cheers Darren. Can you please advise on which aircraft types will be used for my flights then?

See above,

Darren
deals1982,

It should be coming in from Palma (TOM4231), but could change as there are a few others due at a similar time.

Darren
SallyHarrison wrote:
Hi

My family and I are flying for our first time. We are flying from Manchester to Bodrum flight TOM886 and home TOM887.
Can anyone tell me wat to expect from the plane/flight pls?
Our seats are 14A-E going there 29A-E coming home.

Thank you

Welcome onboard :tup
MAN-BJV-MAN (TOM886/7) are operated by Boeing 757-200. You'll find extensive aircraft information on our What Aircraft? guide (link below).

Darren
allymc316 wrote:
Hi All,

Just booked our holiday to Jamaica with First choice. Flying in Premium. We I went to select our seats the only row that is available is row 9. I have read that this row does not have a window and can feel claustrophobic. Can anyone advise me from experience? I also read that this row has an increased seat pitch?

any information would be great

thanks
Allymc316

I sat in row 9 in premium on the way to Mexico. From my experience I wasn't looking forward to sitting in the seat however there isn't much to see after take off, and we found the seats to have slightly more leg room than others, and spent the entire flight fully reclined as did not have anyone behind us. I would go for it again should I fly on a first choice 767 premium! Very much worth it.
Hi we are flying to Rhodes from Cardiff on August 14th 2013 we have booked extra leg room as my wife is really claustrophobic and feels much better sitting next to the doors . We have seats 32 a and 32 b outbound and inbound . Do you know if these seats are next to exits . If they are not which ones would be as we cannot travel unless we get these type of seats thanks.
Thank you Darren. Have you any idea where the aircraft comes from prior to our flight Tom 294
qatarman,

The flight before TOM294 should be TOM2670/1 (Salzburg).

Darren
3663jack,

Row 32 is an exit row on the Boeing 757-200, as you've booked. You'll find extensive aircraft information on our What Aircraft? guide (link below) including a link to the seating plan.

Darren
Hi,

We are off to Florida soon and was wondering if you could confirm our aircraft type.

GLA-SFB. 23JUNE. TOM 570

We have PE seats 3 and 4 A/B

Thanks
Need a hol,

GLA-SFB-GLA (TOM570/1) are operated by former First Choice Boeing 767-300/ER.

Darren
hi i'm flying to Rhodes from manchester with Thompson on sep 4th can anyone tell me the aircraft type please :cheers steve

Merged with existing topic. Dazbo HT Mod
hfmsteve,

Please quote flight numbers when requesting aircraft information. This ensures we get the correct information for your flight as there are often several flights. MAN-RHO-MAN (TOM2332/3?) are operated by Boeing 767-300/ER (short haul). You'll find extensive aircraft information on our What Aircraft? guide (link below).

Darre
Hi, As an aviation enthusiast I am looking into booking a short haul flight on the Thomson Boeing 787 Dreamlier, I have seen the post on page 269 regarding the Boeing 787-8 Dreamliner operating selected short and mid haul routes, including these flights

21st June:
Gatwick - Mahon (Menorca): TOM4536/7
Gatwick - Mahon (Menorca): TOM4554/5

However I am unable to get a clear answer from Thomson themselves on if these flights are indeed still scheduled to be operated by a B787 Dreamliner, I sent them an Email asking if they can confirm those flight numbers are scheduled to be Dreamliner operated & they just replied with

"I can confirm that, on certain short and mid haul flights, we'll be using our 787 Dreamliner before it's used on long haul routes from the 8th July."

So I emailed them again, trying to get them to confirm Gatwick - Mahon (Menorca) flights TOM4536/7 TOM4554/5 on 21st June 2013 are still scheduled to be operated by a B787 Dreamliner & got this reply

"Thanks for your email. - Unfortunately, we can't confirm the dates that will be Dreamliner flights."

So overall not very helpful really, I'm trying to decide wether to make a booking on that date & route & take my chance or wait and see, by which time fares will no doubt rise.

Hopefully someone here can clarify the schedule for LGW-MAH on 21st June
andrewrtw,

The information provided is from Thomson. While there are no guarantees at this stage of the 787-8 operating these flights as crews are currently in training with the aircraft, those are the anticipated dates for the first flights.

Darren
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.