Flight Only / Airline and Airports

Discussions relating to flight only, airlines and airports.
Sanford airport, you'll be through immigration and customs and in your hire car within 40-45 mins max of touchdown. It can take upwards of 90 minutes at Orlando international just to get through customs, then wait for your bag, customs, put your bag back on the belt make your way to another terminal on the tram and wait for your bag a second time before even thinking of finding the hire car
Desk... It's about 35-40 mins from Orlando area Sanford airport.

Massive Sanford airport fan!
Nickymouse wrote:
Hi Darren :) ,

Can you tell me what aircraft I'll be travelling to Egypt on:-

Man-Hurghada 26th August 2013 TOM532 and returning on 9th September 2013 on TOM533

Many Thanks
Dawn

Hi again Darren,

I rang up yesterday to book my outbound seats :sun2 (ELR) and was told that it's a 737 not 757 and the Exit rows are the middle 2 (Rows 15 and 16).

I have booked 15E and F, is there any difference between the 2 rows, better or worse. I read somewhere that Row 15 has limited recline but surely Row 16 would have no recline due to the row behind being nearer (if you see what I mean) :que

Thanks as always
Dawn
Nickymouse,

I can only give the information I have on my screen. The schedule I have is completed in April for the summer season so odd flights do sometimes change. There's not much difference between the 737 and 757 from a passengers perspective. The overwing exit rows on the 73H are on rows 15 and 16. They are essentialy the same although seats on row 15 don't recline as there's an emergency exit behind. Row 16 has the usual amount of recline. Both have the same seat pitch.

Darren
Hi Darren

can you please tell me which aircraft type the following flight will be

TOM 2762 (MAN-TFS) 07/07/13
TOM 2477 (TFS-MAN) 18/07/13

also will there be any dreamliner test flights to tenerife in July?

cheers
Hmm i've been looking at prices and Thomas Cook are looking a lot cheaper so may need to put up with the extra time at customs. Are Thomas Cook definately changing to Orlando International from 1st March? I don't want to book car hire and get the wrong airport lol. Can you book extra leg room seats for a child? It's letting me pick extra leg room seats for a child just not the exit seats but I thought you couldn't book any extra leg room seats when travelling with a child??
You can book extra legroom with a child, just not the exit seats. Thomas Cook are definitely moving to MCO.
A couple of questions for the clever people on here,
On the ex FCA 767 , can children sit in row 20 ? And does row 20 cost any extra .? And in the cabin are the seats slightly staggered (centre seats slightly behind the side seats ) or are they straight across,
Grahamy,

The age limit is 14 and above, yes it does, it's around £45-70 depending on route, they are straight across, depending on your party size I would recommend row 14 AB or fg these children younger than 14 can sit in. Or adults in 14 and children behind in row 15 or across in the middle of row 14(cde)
rhath wrote:
Hmm i've been looking at prices and Thomas Cook are looking a lot cheaper so may need to put up with the extra time at customs. Are Thomas Cook definately changing to Orlando International from 1st March? I don't want to book car hire and get the wrong airport lol. Can you book extra leg room seats for a child? It's letting me pick extra leg room seats for a child just not the exit seats but I thought you couldn't book any extra leg room seats when travelling with a child??

Email tcx and get it in writing then you will know for definite and have fallback if it changes, rather than rely on enthusiasts offering there best advice..
BY-TOM-AMM-FCA ,
Thanks for the quick reply, there are four of us flying to orlando, 2 adults & 2 children aged 6&9 i was just trying to work out the best seating options.
I'd recommend row 20 and 19 (for the children) AB or FG so you can keep an eye on them.
BY-TOM-AMM-FCA wrote:
rhath wrote:

Email tcx and get it in writing then you will know for definite and have fallback if it changes, rather than rely on enthusiasts offering there best advice..

It's been confirmed many times by TCX on facebook, and on their support forum, not to mention it's clearly stated on their flight details.

Grahamy try asking them on http://customer-community.thomascook.com/thomascook/topics if you want it from other than an enthusiast offering their best advice, although it has been asked and answered before
http://customer-community.thomascook.com/thomascook/topics/orlando-tn77t
james 84,

MAN-TFS-MAN (TOM2762/3) are operated by Boeing 737-800. You can fly on a 73H anytime, I'd go with MON for the AB6 while they're still in service.

Darren
rhath wrote:
Hmm i've been looking at prices and Thomas Cook are looking a lot cheaper

If they are a lot cheaper and are the right flight times / dates, I wouldn't hessitate in flying with TCX. While I prefer TOM's long haul service, there's nothing wrong with TCX's apart from the seats are slightly narrower.

Darren
Any plane spotters Gatwick based there will be a couple of Neos aircraft operating on Fri 31st May on charter flights for All Leisure group cruise flights from Knock Ireland to LGW. So something a little unusual for these airports.I believe it will be one 767-300 and a 737-800 and they are operating around lunch time and then another at 16:00 from Ireland into LGW around 14:00
  • Edited by uno28 2013-05-30 17:56:20
Darren, my wife and some friends recently went to Cyprus on a Monarch A300. She said that there was not much legroom even for her and she is only 5'2" standing on a brick.
They seem very old, I've never fancied flying on one. I like the 757 best!
Qman,

A little off topic for here but I've flown on several AB6, I find them pretty good really. Age isn't that important really, its how they are configured that makes the difference from a passengers perspective. They have the same seat pitch as the 73H and 757, the only difference being seat design with the slimmer seats and no seat pocket on TOM giving a little extra knee room. Its all personal preference though. All I was saying is the AB6 won't be in service much longer so if you want to fly on one, do it while you still can.

Darren

Darren
Thank you for all of your replies they have really helped. The flight 10th May 2014 Manchester to Orlando I am being told is a A332. I thought it would be a A330 as we have flown that one before. I cant seem to find much info on it. Is the A332 similar to the A330? Is there a premium cabin in the A332 as the seat plan is letting me choose row 1???
A332 and A330 are the same aircraft. The '2' is the version A330-200. Thomas Cook will have an ex BMI A330 from this winter, which doesn't have a premium cabin and is 2-4-2 configured (I think).
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.