Flight Only / Airline and Airports

Discussions relating to flight only, airlines and airports.
Hi

Just found the website and registered. Lots of info here, looks great.

We have just booked on the Edi-Sanford in July. We are also in premium seating and about to allocate our seats but not many left! . Do you know is it an ex Thomsonfly flight with all windows in premium?

Thanks
Balnain,

Welcome onboard :tup
Please quote flight numbers when requesting aircraft information. This ensure we get the correct information for you as there are sometimes several flights. EDI-SFB-EDI (TOM642/3) are operated by Boeing 767-300/ER (most likely ex-FCA). The flights don't commence until 3rd July so I won't know the specific aircraft until then. When you log-in to the seating plan, if there are 5 rows of premium seats, it's an ex-Thomsonfly aircraft. All rows in premium on the ex-TOM have a window. If there are 9 rows of premium seats (the whole of the forward cabin), it's a former First Choice. Only row 9 on the ex-FCA has no window. You'll find extensive aircraft information on our What Aircraft? guide (link below).

Darren
Thanks Darren

There are 9 rows so must be ex-FCA. That helps as only rows 8 and 9 free to book!

Thanks
Balnain,

In that case, grab row 8 while you can so you have a window. There's not a lot to see for the most part on the flight as most is over water, but it's an interesting approach in to SFB.

Darren
I've tried in vain to book my outbound seats today as it's now 90 days before my outbound flight, as I've read many times that if you ring you can book your outbound seats 90 days before that flight, rather than waiting for 90 days before your return flight, although it may be the luck of the draw as to whether you get someone at the other end who allows it, but I've had no luck at all and on my final call I mentioned what I've just said and they said that they no longer allow that as it causes problems - can anyone confirm that this is the case that it is no longer possible to book your outbound flights separately on the 90 day mark rather than waiting for the 90 days before the return flight? Or should I persevere?! Thanks.
cagzy,

You sometimes have to wait a day or two until the flight is uploaded. Although 90 days is the normaly time the flight opens, it can be a couple of days either side. Just keep trying.

Darren
I've had the same problem! Took the general advice - ie keep calling until you get someone who'll oblige but with no luck. I was told they've changed the policy and no longer allow people to book outbound and inbound seats separately ! I have heard of some people still managing it but I had no luck!! Never mind - waited till today which was my official booking day and got exactly the seats I wanted - 2 window pairs in the premium cabin of the Dreamliner - Mexico here we come!!!! :cheers i
Glad I'm not the only one marshwiggle!

I'm hoping they don't have a record or log under my booking of calls I've made and what for because they're either going to feel sorry for me and let me book, or they're going to think I'm an annoying crank and just keep telling me no!!

Glad you got the seats you wanted, hope I do too! Lucky you - Premium on the Dreamliner!
I'll keep my fingers crossed for you Cagzy!!! Good luck!
cagzy wrote:
I've tried in vain to book my outbound seats today as it's now 90 days before my outbound flight, as I've read many times that if you ring you can book your outbound seats 90 days before that flight, rather than waiting for 90 days before your return flight, although it may be the luck of the draw as to whether you get someone at the other end who allows it, but I've had no luck at all and on my final call I mentioned what I've just said and they said that they no longer allow that as it causes problems - can anyone confirm that this is the case that it is no longer possible to book your outbound flights separately on the 90 day mark rather than waiting for the 90 days before the return flight? Or should I persevere?! Thanks.

I tried in vain most days from 90 days outbound, and every time I got through I was told they dont allow you to book now until 90 days inbound. I even tried the day before to no avail :(
Fortunately i stopped up until midnight on the next evening and selected the seats I wanted without any problems.
Good Luck with your seats I do hope you get the seats you require :cheers
Happy hols everybody

Lisa x
Thanks Lisa. Was it online you booked your seats at midnight?

Caroline.
Yes I logged in online. The seat plan was actually up just after 11pm, but I could not select seats til exactly midnight. It did mean I had an hour to choose before I selected,but as soon as it turned midnight I selected my seats and received a comfirmation email.

Good Luck

Lisa x
Hi all! I'm currently sat on my balcony in punta cana - due to fly home today to MAN. I've looked at flightradar24 & flightstats TOM172 G-OBYG was delayed by 2hrs. Anyone know why?? Is this in the short haul config??

Thanks
Gavin
gav008,

Delays are caused for any reasons from late passengers, weather problems, ATC delays, minor technical problems, late arrival or aircraft from previous flight etc. Your aircraft departed 4 hours later than scheduled (1329, not 0915). I beleive the actual cause was it was late inbound from the previous flight. Have a safe journey home and enjoy the additional few hours in resort. Expect rain upon arrival in the morning unless you can bring us some sun back with you!

Darren
Hello
I wondered if people can please advise me on what rows in economy on the Thomson dreamliner are extra leg room seats please? I've tried asking Thomson with no response. My mum and dad would like to book the extra leg room seats you see but as myself and my partner are travelling with our 5yr old daughter then we can't so were hoping to book the seats directly behind them. Also we have heard that some seats have less leg room, is this correct? If so does anybody know which rows they would be so we could avoid please. As its a once in a lifetime holiday we want to get it right.
Thank you

Merged with existing topic. Dazbo HT Mod
rhath,

Welcome onboard :tup
You'll find extensive aircraft information on our What Aircraft? guide (link below) including a link to the seat plan that will answer most of your questions. Extra legroom rows are indicated (at the front of the two economy cabins, exit rows).

Darren
Hi Darren thank you for getting back to me. Sorry if im being silly but I don't get the notes at the side :que Does the L and R mean left and right??? I wish it would just say rows such and such are extra legroom lol. In your opinion who would be the best airline to fly from manchester to Sanford with?
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.