Flight Only / Airline and Airports

Discussions relating to flight only, airlines and airports.
gaz68,

I would imagine they'll be sold as extra legoom (only) seats and be available at check-in on the selected flights operated by the 787-8. They won't be sold as premium upgrades due to air passenger duty implications.

Darren
Dazbo HT Mod wrote:
gaz68,

I would imagine they'll be sold as extra legoom (only) seats and be available at check-in on the selected flights operated by the 787-8. They won't be sold as premium upgrades due to air passenger duty implications.

Darren

Thanks for the info & quick reply.

gaz
Thanks Dazbo....... do you think there will be much press coverage up there ????
dinner-lady,

I was told originally the first aircraft on Friday was due to arrive at 0535, like most of their new deliveries. This is now 1100. I would assume it's been put back for press coverage of the landing. A few hours later won't make much difference when they're 5 years late!

Darren
:cheers Cheers Darren. I know what you mean. Five years later what difference will another 5 hours make...... I was thinking of going up to the pub at the end of the runway to watch it come in, but I suppose it will be packed out so I might as well watch it from home :D
Hi Darren,
We've booked a holiday to Paphos on flights TOM2650/1, departing 14.9.13.

Do you know the aircraft type planned to operate my flights please?

Thanks in advance
jmac,

MAN-PFO-MAN (TOM2650/1) are operated by Boeing 737-800.

Darren
dinner-lady,

With it being a Friday, it might not be as busy as it would have been normally, but I would expect it to be busy like it was last week when Qater Airways brought there 787-8 in for the first time. Any other day, I'd have been there but I'm off to a wedding that weekend on the south coast so won't be around.

Darren
Dazbo HT Mod wrote:
dinner-lady,

With it being a Friday, it might not be as busy as it would have been normally, but I would expect it to be busy like it was last week when Qater Airways brought there 787-8 in for the first time. Any other day, I'd have been there but I'm off to a wedding that weekend on the south coast so won't be around.

Darren

What a shame I wa looking forward to seeing your pictures.....Hopefully you will capture some at another point. Enjoy your wedding :cheers
Dazbo HT Mod wrote:
strid,

MAN-SSH-MAN (TOM836/573) are operated by Boeing 757-200 / Boeing 737-800 respectively.

Darren

Hi Darren. Any chance the 737 will be one of those with the new sky light interior?
strid,

Aircraft are rotated all the time so it's impossible to say. You'll find out on the day.

Darren
Dazbo HT Mod wrote:
strid,

Aircraft are rotated all the time so it's impossible to say. You'll find out on the day.

Darren

OK thanks anyway. Just thought I'd chance it, last year you called it correctly with about a months notce. :tongue
strid,

Most of the 73H's current operating out of MAN are the newer ones with sky interiors, but this could change before your flight due to fleet rotation so I wouldn't like to say either way at the moment. As things stand, there's a good chance it will be but don't be dissapointed if it isn't. It doesn't make much difference to be honest.

Darren
I have read that Boeing are having some problems with TUIA and TUIB could be delivered first.
I just cannot believe that Darren will not be at MAN to welcome the new plane!
TUIA seems to be the resident 787 at KPAE at the moment having undertaken 8 test flights compared to the 2 by its sister TUIB.

I do hope they manage to sort out any issues with TUIA before delivery.

G-TUIC just departed from KPAE on her first flight, finally the Thomson 787s are starting to come together cannot wait to see them at Manchester this coming weekend.

Z.J.C
Hi Darren,
We are off to Cuba 6th August on TOM122/123.
When I went to book our seats it was showing an ex Thomson flight with (2-4-2) configuration. Is this right or will it change to a first choice aircraft (2-3-2)?
Thanks Tracy
Tracy1971,

Whatever seat plan is open for your flight will be the one used on the day, subject to any last minute aircraft changes.

Darren
I am flying on 21 August from Bristol to Orlando. Can you tell me what plane it will be and when I should book my seats
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.