Flight Only / Airline and Airports

Discussions relating to flight only, airlines and airports.
Irene67,

Rows towards the rear of the aircraft have unobstructed views (behind the wing) apart from row 37 that has no window. Anything aft of row 30 is fine but the further back you go, the less wing that is in view. The first 3 or so rows at the front of the economy section have a pretty clear views before the engine comes in to view.

Darren
Thanks Darren, great help as usual :tup .

Irene
I have lost the phone number to book my seats.It,s the English call centre beginning 02. can anyone help please
don coulthart........this is the number i used .......02476 283046
Dear all,

I am posting with regard to flight TOM162 from Manchester to Punta Cana on the 16th August 2012. It was delayed at Manchester for 5 hours with technical issues. I have heard that these technical issues affected the aircraft on the previous day and was hoping to glean more information about this. Also, I believe that the flight crew needed replacing due them being out of hours.

If anyone can help me add more fact to this I would be very grateful.

Kindest Regards

Cuba T
just been informed flights from bournemouth to sharm el sheikh in feb 2014 have been cancelled and booked onto bristol flight any one know why
wendy46 wrote:
just been informed flights from bournemouth to sharm el sheikh in feb 2014 have been cancelled and booked onto bristol flight any one know why

They've cancelled that route for the winter season, not just February. I would imagine it's down to a lack of demand, if the amount of people going mad at the tour operators wanting to change destination is anything to go by.
wendy46 wrote:

They won't fly planes that are only 20% full for 5 or 6 hours each way, it's commercial suicide and not very environmentally friendly either.

In January 2011 when they had the revolution there were endless flight consolidations, people from Manchester had to fly via Gatwick adding hours to their flights, some flights were cancelled altogether, all sorts of disruption.

In some areas of the Red Sea things never really recovered from that and some routes never reinstated. Now they have all these further political issues which mean many people are choosing alternative destinations and giving all of Egypt the big swerve.
Wendy, if you paid more for your original flights than the ones from Bristol, ie there was a flight supplement to fly from your local area, that should be refunded. I would like to think they have offered this if it's the case, but you may have to ask. I think there may be some kind of small per person compensation amount as well as presumably this is classed as a major change depending on their T&C's. I guess it's to cover things like if you have had to change your airport parking arrangements.

Doe :sun2
flights from bournemouth to sharm el sheikh in feb 2014 have been cancelled and booked onto bristol flight

The change is over 13 weeks in the future
– so, having seen many tour ops Terms and Conditions, I’d guess that,
even though this probably is classed as a “Major Change”
– this far out, they will pay only peanuts as “compensation” – if any at all.

Which, of course, is very different to what they would do if YOU wanted to change your departure airport.
Then they would squeeze you for so much extra cash that your eyes would bleed.
Virtual monopoly of the “Big Two” operators means that we are stuck with this unfairness.
This seems an oddly conflicting article from travel weekly, discussing the potential changes to tourist travel in 2014 as a result of the Egyptian Army massacring Morsi supporters.

http://m.travelweekly.co.uk/Article.aspx?cat=news&id=45114
Apologies if this has been asked before. I ran a search but nothing came up.
I think the first flight out of Newcastle to Cancun next year is April 1st. Can someone please confirm this?
Will it be a 787?
Thank you.
I think 1st April is the first flight. If you do a dummy booking on their website it will tell you if it's scheduled on a Dreamliner (and whether it's the first flight).
seedy2 wrote:
Apologies if this has been asked before. I ran a search but nothing came up.
I think the first flight out of Newcastle to Cancun next year is April 1st. Can someone please confirm this?
Will it be a 787?
Thank you.

Yeah first flight is on 1 April but not on the Dreamliner. 787 flights commence on 22 July.

gaz
Hi

Can anyone tell me what type of aircraft is scheduled to operate TOM2240 MAN-PMI on the 22nd October, also TOM4600 LGW-PMI on the 26th October.

Many Thanks
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.