Cruises

Discussions relating to Cruising holidays
Hi marjrie,
If you go on the cable car in Madeira, you can catch a bus to the village at the top for a couple of euros, then get the cable car down. You get a mini tour on the way up as the bus goes round and round. There is a church you can explore at the top and one or two restaurants. This means you don't have to come down in the tobbogan which is quite bumpy and a bit of a ripoff price wise. Unless you want to of course!
Maureen,
Thanks for that info., sounds good to me, getting the cable car back down certainly appeals more than going up in it for some reason.
Thanks again for the advice.
:P
only just over 2 days to go
are there any tender ports I think that is what they are called on this cruise?
also if I want to order a birthday cake I phoned Thompsons but they only do the full celebration package can I order one when I arrive on the ship does anybody know
is the cable car in Maderia very scary if you get it up do you then come down in the toboggan

thanks

She86
Hi She86

No tender ports on this cruise.

Go to the Purser's Desk and ask about a birthday cake a couple of days in advance. Let your waiter know on the day when you enter the restaurant so they know which table it's for.

Hubby managed the cable car OK and he's not good with heights. The toboggan was OK, but our drivers demanded their tip at the end before the toboggan has even stopped which I really didn't like.

HTH

luci :wave
Hiya she86!

We are flying from Gatwick to Tenerife north at 1.30.

We are really looking forward to it, its our first cruise.

I've read all the reviews they seem fab, looked at pics and the food looks excellent.

Speak soon
George
:lol:
George & family
next time we speak maybe on the ship as we are getting picked up at 4am so I do not know if I will be on line after this
have a safe journey
counting down the hours now
see you there
shelagh
:glynis
:P
to everybody who reads the postings on holiday truths thank you very much for all your help and tips, this time tomorrow we wiil be in the plane nearly at Tenerife and I am so glad that I found this site, I have been so reassured
happy holidays everybody
:D
Hi Shelagh and George

Hope you have a brilliant cruise! Please remember to post a review when you get back.

Almost ready to book for this ship on "Colourful Coasts" from Tenerife. Has anyone been on this particular cruise/boat. Would love some feedback especially on dress code as I am not a ball gown kind of person!! :D :D
Hi Sunseeker and welcome to the Cruise forum!

I have merged your post with an existing one regarding the Colourful Coasts itinerary. Perhaps you will find some information in the earlier posts.

We went on the Topaz and then (in Dec 2003) on the Spirit on a similar cruise.
Best night was New Year's Eve in Madeira. We enjoyed it so much we went on the cruise the following year just to watch the fireworks! But if you're not going then it doesn't matter as the ports are great. Best trips to do are the Jeep trips - especially the one in Morocco - expensive but excellent!
Hi sunseeker 1
we had a wonderful time on the colourful coasts cruise except for the weather but it was a bad winter over all the canaries this winter.
most people dressed up for dinner but not ball gowns just party wear like you might wear at home to go somewere smart like a black skirt or trousers and a glittery top etc or a strappy dress especially on the captains dinner
majority of the men had dinner suits but the others just wore ordinary suits that was just for the captains dinner the other evenings just shirt and trousers
don't worry you can always eat in the Lido were anything goes.
but it is nice to get a bit dressed up it all adds to the luxury
speak soon She86
Can anyone please tell me if they have done this cruise with Thomsons during the month of November. sailing from Tenerife, visiting Madeira, Morroco etc. Interested in what the weather should be like. Thankyou :D
Hi sunseeker

I have merged your post with a topic already running on the Colourful Coasts cruise.

We have done this itinerary twice in November and the weather was perfect both times with temperatures in the low 20's.

Thanks for the info- lets hope weather is as good as when you went! Booked with Cruise control and now waiting for paperwork to come so am running to post on doormat each day!
Is there anyone doing the "Colourful Coasts" this year on the Thomson Celebration?
Will these ports of calls all be Euro countries?
They are all euro ports apart from Agadir. We didn't get off there, but understand that they may take euros there too although you may get change in the local currency.

Thanks for that, I never knew Agadir was different.
What would we do without this site?
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.