Cruises

Discussions relating to Cruising holidays
Hi Mumsy

Recently returned from the Celebration colourful coast cruise in November- So any info required just ask :lol:
had a fab time too :D :D :D
Hi Sunseeker.
Do they still offer the excursion to Timanfaya in Lanzarote. :?:
Five weeks till cast off. :D
Mumsy :)
Hi mumsy

Happy New Year :lol:

Yes they do still offer that trip. Picked up and bought home theshore excursion guide.
It is a half day trip (pm) departs 12.45 and is for approx 4 hrs.
The price is £30 adult and £15 per child. That was on the Thursday. Am sure it will be the same for when you go.
Oh you lucky thing - a good start to the new year!!
Enjoy
xx
Thanks Sunseeker :D
HAPPY NEW YEAR to you too.
Middy :D
Well tickets arrived :D Only three weeks to go :D
Mumsy :D
The Thomson Celebration is removing Morocco, Agadir from its Intinery, as its not liked by many passengers. Not sure if they will reinstate it though.

My cruise (christmas) was when they announced it wouldn't be going back to Morocco.
I think that's excellent news as Agadir and La Goulette in Tunisia are very unpopular ports despite many of the Canaries cruises visiting them. D you have any idea what they are replacing it with?

luci :wave
Ahh :cry: we usually have a great day on the boat haggling with the traders on the quay, first my husband gets off the boat and surveys the stalls he then reboards. He goes out for a second time and commences haggling saying that his wife won't let him pay that much and reboards, he goes out for a third time and battle commences including me on the deck. Always come away with a bargain. Was hoping for a new leather holdall this cruise, (mice in loft chewed through last one)
Will missing out Morocco mean that the Duty free Alcohol and tobacco shop will remain shut?
Mumsy :D
They will be staying an extra day in Madeira, Funchal since that is their best port of call.

Duty free was always open when out of port. The only time it is open inside a port is for embarking/disembarking days.
Hi
Please bear with me as this is my first posting on the site.
Just like to add what an excellent and helpful site this is.
A question for mhumphries.
Could you please tell me when the Celebration visit of Morocco will be cancelled from.
My wife and I have done 2 cruises on the Topaz and both times did not leave the ship on either visit to Morocco.
We are due to cruise on the 10th Febuary only 4 weeks away.
Thank you for your reply if you are able to let me know the outcome.

Cheers
Hi Bonnie and welcome to HT!

Never be afraid to post on this site as all the members are really friendly and will offer help and assistance where they can.

I have just checked the http://www.thomsoncruises.co.uk website and it is still showing Agadir as a port for cruises on the Celebration in April and even for the Destiny in October.

I suggest you call you call them direct and hopefully they will be able to tell you. The number is 0870 060 2277.

HTH

Hi Bonnie and welcome. :)
We are on the week previous to you, we have received our tickets and there was no indication of a change to Itinerary with them.
Mumsy :)
Only two weeks and six days to go. :D
We never even bothered to get off at Agadir. It really is the worst stop and the scenery is none to be desired. However we really did not mind this as we spent the day onboard which is just as enjoyable- relaxing on the sun deck.. eating.. drinking..talking.. and on and on and on!
What deck are you staying on?
Hi mumsy&sunseeker
Thanks for your reply.
We are stayin in an outside cabin.we have upgraded this week from an inside cabin,have been on Topaz twice and stayed in inside cabins thought we would try something different.Sunseeker when are you cruising.
Mumsy hope you enjoy your cruise.
Bonnie
Hi bonnie21

We cruised on The Celebration in November just gone. Had an outside cabin too. had a great time too :lol: :lol: :lol:
Well we will be boarding on friday, yippee. No frost for a week. :D Anyone else joining us ?
Mumsy
8) Going on the Destiny on the Colourful Coasts cruise Dec 2006 - New Year (Las Palmas, Funchal, Agadir & Arrecife), would be intersted on any advice on DIY Shore excursions, also anyone who has been on the New Year cruise.

Hi Helo

I have merged your post with a similar topic. You may find some information in earlier posts.

Hi again Mumsy

Just to wish you a fantastic time on your cruise for Friday. Would love to hear how you get on when you return.

Enjoy :ghug
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.