Holiday Complaints

Do you have a holiday complaint? For help and advice post in here.
Well done pleased that you have received a result that you are happy with.
That is a flawed argument and one that the tour operators make you believe being the case.

As I have peviously stated, I can go to Barbados for £800 per person staying at a cheap hotel or £5000 per person staying at the Sandy Lane. So how can £480 go on flights for the former and £3000 for the latter for the same flight?

The extra night price (often quoted in brochures when wanting to extend a holiday) is a better guidance for the true cost of the hotel portion of a holiday.

The operative word in my reply was "generally"...

Package holidays offered by main tour ops don't always provide extra night prices as hols tend to be 7, 10 and 14 days (for most of the time). Also, this calculation doesn't always work out for AI packages either or where you can upgrade from one basis to another - but, it is a general rule of thumb applied when trying to apportion a claim from the passengers side upon looking to make a realistic claim rather than against the whole holiday cost.

Glad to hear the OP got a result! Nice when a plan comes together, but still doesn't make up for the fact you didn't quite get the holiday you wanted....

CwB
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.