Holiday Complaints

Do you have a holiday complaint? For help and advice post in here.
Hi sorry to hear about this but was it one of the Thomson super stores as we had problems only last month in one of those and the staff are not at all helpfull we have also said we will never use them again but the problem is we, like you, have booked a £4k holiday and are concerned if they have got it right and if we have problems how do you get on with someone that rude!! :que
Roger
It's all very well being wise after the event but for some time it has been illegal for companies to insist you take out their own insurance, though I believe they can (but seldom do) insist you have suitable insurance in place. I have had annual insurance through one of my credit cards for years but never been asked to prove this when booking a holiday. Do not let this rest. You spent a lot of money on the holiday and no doubt far more than necessary on the insurance element. The difficulty will be in proving coersion. Perhaps if you can provide evidence of how you have previously got insurance for holidays this may be a starting point.
You don't have to take their insurance, but as part of their terms and conditions, you do have to have insurance cover. They say you have to give them the policy details before you travel, but it's that long since I used a Thomsons agent , or any agent, I can't remember if I did or not.
I wouldn't let it rest. I doubt the agent herself made any commission on it, but the shop would have done!
That is a breech of FSA Regulations, complain to the FSA. Travel Agents are only allowed to offer advice, they cannot make these claims.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.