Cruises

Discussions relating to Cruising holidays
Thomson Spirit
198 Posts
We have been on both ships and from our experience the Spirit cabins were bigger. I'm not sure whether the deck/cabin number affects the size though.
Thanks hbrac
I don't suppose it really matters seen as we will only be sleeping in them, but nice to know there will be a bit more room :D
On the Destiny you have to be meticulous about putting everything away as soon as you have finished with it ( especially if there are more than 3 of you in the cabin) otherwise your cabin will look like the ends of the earth and you won't be able to find anything :lol: Only the cabin maids can make a calm oasis out of your chaos. Don't ask me how :roll:
Hi! My friend is going on the Thomson Spirit Baltic cruise on the 24th August. Can anyone tell me will smoking be allowed anywhere on board ? She's starting to panic that she won't be able to have a ciggie for days. Thanks
Hi Helen
Page 205 in Thomson brochure should answer all your friends questions re smoking

crowman
Hi Helen,

Just back from the repositioning cruise on the Spirit. Palma to Newcastle.

Smoking areas have changed to

1) Cabins---- OK but prefer you not to.

2) On deck--- nearly all OK-- Outside LIDO-- Starboard side ( where the Bar is ) non smoking. Port side smoking. Just look for the ashtrays on the tables.

3) BARS-----all non smoking with one exception " High Spirits " it has one area for smokers, facing the stage it is to the left about 25 tables. That is it 25 tables for the whole of the ship :( :( :( . I have seen in High Spirits 2 people in the no smoking part ( about 60 tables ) while the smoking area was full. Very strange, if no smoking is so popular I would have thought it would have been the other way round :?

Have heard it said that after July 1st. while in UK waters the inside no smoking ban will apply ( quite how they will police that I don't know ) but outside uk waters it will be back to normal, ie. just your cabin or an area in High Spirits. All restaurants are of course non smoking.

I can remember the time and not all that long ago, the only non smoking areas were, restaurants, The Broadway Show lounge( Lower section ) and Explorers Bar. All the rest were 50/50 smoking non smoking. Freedom of choice, to my mind a good thing :)
Hope this helps. Back on again for a week July 15th will know more then.

Cheers

Dave
Dopaisley, your back :lol: were have you been all these months. i did pm you. Hope you had another fantastic cruise onboard the spirit. any old faces on there. please pm me with all the goss.
Hi Laine,

Yes we had a great time. A lot of staff changes since the greek refurb, but quite a few back again. Bar Manager Vicky is back along with Costa as her assistant. About 6 Barkeepers/waitresses still there. Richard Sykes was the cruise director and guess who Paul Fisher was his assistant :D of the show team Zoe and Cait were the ones I remember.

The last PM I got from you was on Sept 27th/06, and I sent you one on 15th May/07. Must be a glitch somewhere :(

Can recomend this repositioning trip, only one flight :D :D

Dave

PS. Have PM'ed you today. Hope this one makes it.
Thanks for that Dave - she was having kittens. Feeling a lot better about it now.
Hi Dave. Good to see you back. Blimey...Paul Fisher eh. Any news of Georgi and Desi and the baby?
Hi Dave. Glad you had a good time!
I remember Kate, Zoe and Paul from our trip on the Thomson Spirit last year!
Fancy Paul becoming assistant cd!
Hi
can anyone tell me if the top bunk in the 4 berth spirit cabins are suitable for a child and if they have a bed rail
Thanks
Merged with existing topic.

They would be suitable for a slightly older child and they don't have a rail. Couldn't the child sleep in the lower bunk and an adult in the upper?

luci :wave
Luci
Thanks for the response, I will take your advice and rearrange the sleeping plan
In response to borababe - YES!
Looking to book a deluxe cabin next deck on Moorish delights, anything to look out for, any cabins on deck 6 to avoid. Is it worth the premium over a normal outside cabin, which we had last year.
I think you can view the deluxe cabins on the Thomson's wesbite. What we saw of them, they are much larger than the regular cabins and had a sitting area.

luci :wave
Now booked cabin 203 for next July.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.