Tour Operators and Travel Agents

Discussions regarding Tour Operators and Travel Agents
This has been advertised since may 2011 so I'm not sure why they have only just told you.
Possibly because my holiday isnt due until November, i am not at all bothered as i never eat the inflight food in any case, but it was included free with Red Sea Holidays, and i booked this holiday last year.
My parents are flying with Thomson in November and they know nothing about this. I will need to speak to them.

Helen
Obviously not everybody do know this then :(
On July the 7th I booked a holiday on line with Thomson Travel to commence on 7th of August.
I tried to print out the reply back but could not print the file I was emailed. As my wife and I had a very busy schedule for next few days we decided we would try printing it out later when we had more time.
As we thought we would have plenty of time, we were not due to go on holiday until August!

On 10th July I checked my emails and was faced with an email from Thomson's saying your holiday count
down is 4 days. I was shocked to see that the wrong date had been allocated 14th July.
How this error happened I just don't know!

I immediately contacted Thomson's by phone and spoke to a gentleman called B***, who said he was only obliged to give his first name! I explained that the wrong date had been allocated but his reply was. " If you do not take the Holiday in three days time, you will lose all of your money." I explained that we were both working in July and could not possibly get the time off at this short notice. He did not want to resolve the issue and again said we would loose the full £1287 paid, which I found astonishing.
I then contacted Thomson Customer Services by email and they responded by assuring me that someone would get back to me. Here we are a week later with no response from them!

I would like to point out this is over a 3 day period - It looks as if Thomson travel are just not interested in
their customers and to take £1287 without doing a thing in return is just unbelievable!
My wife and I are just about to retire and have saved up for this long awaited Holiday for our 40th Wedding Anniversary. Only to find we have no holiday and lost £1287 which is a lot of money to us!

Be very very careful when booking on line especially with Thomson Holidays as I would hate this to happen to someone else!

I have since written to Thomson complaints address on 18/7/11 and have had no reply to date
This is how they show their gratitude to their customers!!

Since the above report - I re booked again and paid again! through First choice who are part of Thomsons (No trouble with booking this time!)
We stayed at the Mediterranee in Kefalonia. The service we received from the thomson reps was first class and the above comments should not reflect in any way on them! Shame the higher up or directors of Thomsons do not show the same respect for their customers!
RogDC

please post a review of your hotel here

yasus
wizard
So am i understanding right, you didnt get a refund on the £1200 or so pounds from thomson, but paid first choice another amt again for another holiday? Or did u transfer your holiday between the two companys? X
If u lost all ur money through no fault of your own i would contact Ros for free advice x
Hi Derwentrocker
No I did not transfer to First choice. I lost all my money with Thomson travel and did not want to use their site again. So I booked on First choice site - which cost even more. So taking in account of the first loss with Thomsons the Holiday cost me
£2787 I had to dip into my pension fund to book again! My wife was very upset about the whole thing!
It completely ruined our 40th Wedding anniversary!
Thomson Travel was not a bit interested in resolving the issue, as you can see from my first report!
Hi Derwentrocker
Who is Ross?
Derwentrocker means Ros Fernihough , a solicitor who used to offer a free legal advice line to Holiday truth readers , since retired.
There is a replacement legal service - look under "Holiday Complaints"
Hi Derwentrocker
Who is Ross?

Ros has not been part of HT for a year or so, please go with the advice given in your original topic http://www.holidaytruths.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=43&t=152905 it would also help make it easier to give advice if you try and keep this particular discussion in one easy to find topic.

Cheers :tup
Graham
Apologises, i had not read Ros had retired :)
Apologises, i had not read Ros had retired :)

Really Michelle you must pay more attention. I think you need a holiday. :sun2

fwh
Thomson showing a £30 saving promotion code, on all
........holidays booked up to 21st August...............
<<<<<<<<<<<< Code No. 21622 >>>>>>>>>>>>>>
<<£30 better in your pocket than theirs.>> :glynis
Not sure if this can be answered here or on travel republic thread, so I have done it on both!!

I have booked a thomson flight via travel republic flying longhaul to Punta Cana. The flight is classed as a 'no frills flight' does this mean I will not get in flight meals etc?

I dont mind booking and paying additional for them but do I book through Thomsons or through travel republic?

Thanks
Hi
Meals are included in the flight cost on all Thomson longhaul flights.
Holiday Truths Forum
Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.