Tour Operators and Travel Agents

Discussions regarding Tour Operators and Travel Agents
Re: Thomson / TUI
727 Posts
I think they're just on etkts now.
Hi does anyone know if you book 'extra legroom seats' on a thomson package holiday, does this allow you to choose your seat numbers as per just booking 'choose your seat reserved seating together'.

Also if you book online are you given your booking reference immediately, to enable you to access the reserve seat numbers site, or do you have to wait for the confirmation to arrive to give you your confirmed reference....hope that makes sense???

Tracey the extra leg room seat are the ones on the emergancy exits, and you usualy can go online 90 days before flight, and reserve your seats

I have reserve my seat for my july holiday to lido di jesolo
tracytreacle1 - don't think you can choose your actual ELR seats until 90 days before date of return flight. You then use the holiday reference to log into "my booking" and get to choose whatever is left!
Hi, thanks for your replies re extra seats :)
If you book online with Thomson, do you receive your confirmation email immediately?

:cheers
tracytreacle1-As far as I can remember I've always had the confirmation email for an online booking same day
I booked a holiday this afternoon with Thomson's travelshop in Huddersfield. I had an email within half an hour. I noted they had converted my wife from a Mrs to a Mr :whoops - Rang them and less than 15 minutes later had an amended confirmation. I have booked several holidays with them over the last 3 years and dependent on time of day received the confirmation within a couple of hours except when end of the day when it was with me before lunch next day.

They always email me when balance is due and follow that up with a telephone call so no problems.

fwh
I wasn't sure whether to post this here on in the airline thread but as I've booked a package holiday i've decided to post here.

Just wondering if anybody's had a phonecall from Thomson, offering them to upgrade their aircraft seats. i've just this minute put the phone down from a sales agent who had all our booking details for next year's hol to Sharm el sheikh. He was trying to sell me extra leg room seats by the emergency exits. He said as we've booked early for next year we were getting priority to book. The price he quoted me was £55 pp- no thank you! Then he asked if I was interested in pre-booking our seats so hubby and I could sit together. When I told him I'd think about it and might do it on line at a later date he said he could do me a deal at £17pp. When I asked how much would that normally cost and he said he didn't know as this was a 'live price' he was offering. I told him I had my own flight advisor on HT who goes by the name of Dazbo :rofl Only joking about that last bit.

He was very pleasant and didn't seem pushy or put out when I said I wasn't interested. He should have been honoured as I normally put the phone straight down but once I heard 'Thomson' I was all ears :D

Has anybody else had this happen to them or is it a new thing?
They are the standard prices.
Thanks. In that case I'm glad I declined. I didn't think I was getting a 'deal' somehow :think That's the first time I've been telephoned and asked if I wanted to add to a booking though.
I fly out with thomsons on 6 july to venice, and I had the exact same call round Nov

£20 for the extra leg room seat, wasnt interested at first, but the advisor told, they just add it to my holiday, so I took the extra leg room

And I see its gone up in price, so its now £30 insted of £20
Its true the extra legroom prices can be market reactive so if there are only say 3 left they usually go up by around £10
The price he offered me was £55 and he said that there were 12 left. I'm wondering now whether he actually said £55 each or total for 2. I could have sworn it was £55pp. He also tried coaxing me by saying they could 'just add it to the total cost of the holiday'- why would that sway me as it still needs paying and it was still going ot be £55.
I was phoned a few years ago by "First Choice" (just after Thomson merger) and offered Premium upgrade at a special price "as a regular F/C customer". We had already booked extra legroom seats so I went on line to see what the Premium price was - the price he was offering us was considerably higher than the online price at that time, so that if we had accepted his "kind" offer, the net price, after getting back the extra legroom surcharge, would have been the same as online for anyone!! Special customers my a**e! :rofl
Usually if you decide to buy an extra they would take payment then by card over the phone , or if you did it online you would pay there and then , he said it could be added to your invoice which would be payable next year.
I think that it would be 55 per person as its a five and a half hour flight to SSH , while Venice was offered at 20 which is only 2 to 3 hours , I suppose if you divide it down you are paying £5 for every hour of extra legroom comfort , it depends if you think it is worth that , the flight is quite long , I find I can put up with 4 hours maximum and that extra hour and a bit becomes irritating , we had easyjet flight to Egypt last time but managed to get the ex legroom seats in row 12/13 and had 3 seats for the 2 of us both ways by getting speedy boarding which was £46 for both of us , but that's not guaranteed and we were probably lucky
ah ok, so he thought that I may take him up on the offer if I had the extra time to save £55 each. Not for me, I'm afraid. If I didn't have £55 I don't think I'd have booked a holiday :duh

Tbh, being only 5ft 2 and hubby 5' 10 we don't really need extra leg room but I'd have been up for a freebie :D
has anyone got discount codes for thomsons holidays please?
Wonder if you could get away with this, buy extra leg room

Place it on ebay, 2 extra leg room seat for auction, you never know people might actually bid for the4 seats
Thomson usually put a discount code on their homepage, but it is time specific. I go via a cashback site, but the discount is not great.
Holiday Truths Forum
Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.