Turkey Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Turkey.
Hi Jane

We were there at beginning of April, had a good time as a family holiday. As we were there early season they were just changing from winter to summer activites, so water park open a few days into holiday, beach wasnt ready. The hotel is nice, very very clean. Whilst we were there there was some football teams and a conferance of Turkish doctors (and their families) We found the latter to be very rude, push in , take clean plates off my kids in the buffett, and expect to be waited on hand and foot. So those few days the holiday makers took second place.. The buffet was small, compared to othe AI we have been too.
There is a fridge in the room, with water, coke, fanta and couple bottles of beer (and opener!) We also had a kettle with tea and coffee left in our room after a couple of days. We had a duplex room, which was excellent. It allowed the children (and adults !) to have their own space...
It is good as you have the Kremlin hotel next door and can use their facilities, we preffered the outdoor pool there.
In october things start to change again from Summer to winter.. So all facilities might not be open.
Thanks
H
hi there all its my first time going to turkey and the topkapi palace. we usually go to egypt, but with the uncertainty there at the moment and old osama been topped off recently decided best against it. i was just wondering firstly what the weather will be like early to mid september. Reason i ask is we went to majorca for a week last year at the same time and it rained for four days out of the seven we were there,and it wasnt even humid so not much beach action.also will it be warm enough on a night for just shorts and t shirt.
Secondly is the food up to scratch in the hotel as ive read a few reviews with bad press towards it i.e food being cold and not much choice.
Also how much is the taxi fare to antalya and back as no doubt the better half will want a shopping spree at bazaars many thanks. :)
henley10,

You'll find extensive weather information on our WEATHER: reports, news, Q&As topic. It'll be hot and sunny in September although you might get an odd storm mixed in if you're unlucky. It'll be well in to the 30's, probably late 30's during the day and mid 20's at night. You can't really compare weather from Majorca to Turkey as they are at oposite ends of the Med!

Darren
I was at the Kremlin Palace for the October week last year and returning for the same week this year. We used the facilities in both the Kremlin and the Topkapi an all facilities were open. I do not like using flumes etc but my husband and daughter used both hotels and preferred the Kremlin for this. The food can be varied buffet was ok but i would advise you book in the morning for the al a carte as food much better there again you can use both hotels for this. In the rooms the mini bar, which is free, has coke, fanta, sprite beer and water and is restocked daily. The weather was good last year only a couple of showers on our 6th day with the average temperature around 75 during the day but cool at night around 10. I found both hotels had a lot of Russians who were VERY rude in the restaurants and around the pool they think they are the most important people there and expect you to treat them as if they are royalty but answer them back and they will leave you well alone. If you need anymore info just pm me and i will do my best to answer your queries. :wave:
We are going here on 31st May....the reviews coming in are quite poor - hope we've done the right thing..... :(
Thanks everyone mind put at ease ;)
thanks for replies everyone, I'm sure I will have more questions nearer the time :cheers
Hi all - we go next Tuesday and have some questions please!

How many a la Carte restaurants are there and what is the cost please?

How much is the ten pin bowling, games & internet cafe please?

What are the times that ice cream is served?

I've heard differing answers for all of the above so would love to know for sure.

Also, has anyone had the turkish bath at the hotel & was it any good xx

Thanks x
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.