Turkey Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Turkey.
Topkapi Palace
49 Posts
:D I also thought it was Carole B from Newcastle way :lol:

Then i remembered i read a report a few weeks ago saying she had just returned from Marmaris and her and her family young son included had a wonderfull time.
Hi Dave

We stayed at the WOW Topkapi Palace last year during October half term. We had a great holiday and the hotel is wonderful.

Weather was hot during the day and a lot cooler in the evenings, so be sure to take a warm fleece!

It was warm enough to swim in the sea, which we did every day. However, the hotel pool was quite cold, although the children swam in it.
Quite a few British families there last year as well as other nationalities, and yes, it was quite busy.

Be sure to take insect repellent. We got caught by the mosquitoes at around 5-6pm, when we used to sit having a drink at the pool bar before going up to change for dinner.

If you have anymore questions, let me know and I'll try to answer them for you.
Thanks for the reply.

One more question, are there any shops within reach of the hotel other than Antalya. Also can you get a Dolmus to Antalya and did you go / is it worth it.

Thanks

Dave Thomas
Hi Dave

There are no shops within walking distance of the hotel. Taxis are plentiful outstide and only costs a few Euros to the local shopping centre. I didn't go myself, but some of our party went one evening and were a little disappointed as the prices were quite high.
Didn't go to Antalya as we were only there for the week.

Not too sure about Dolmus, but ask at the Customer Service desk and they will put you right.

I did go on a trip to a market near to Mangavat and this was good, plenty of 'designer' gear. Son's still wearing the 'Ben Sherman' socks now!

We went on an organised tour that took in a boatride and a trip to Mangavat waterfalls. Enjoyed it, but would go to the market independantly next time, as the weather was hot and it was a long day.

Make sure you go to the beach party which is on a Friday night, really enjoyed this - see my review of the hotel for more information.

Anymore questions, please ask and I'll try to help.
Hi Dave.If you take a taxi outside the Hotel and tell him you wish to go to Ã-rnekköy ( about 4 K from the Hotel ) From there you can take any Dolmuş ( local Bus ) and EVERYONE of them goe's into Antalya Centre.The cost is 1 Lira each. ( 0.35p ) Journey will take you about 35 Minutes.If you wish to go to the Old Town you should ask directions for Kaleiçi ( in English---Ka le chi ) Some new shopping centres have just been finished not far from Topkapi but are quite expensive.If you need any further info just ask as I live in Ã-rnekköy.

Ian

PS. You can just flag the Dolmuş to stop and it will.
Hi people..

Thinking of going to Turkey for the first time,we were looking at staying at the WOW TOPKAPI PALACE but the reviews i have read all say this hotel needs updating all from 2006 though.. Can anybody please tell me about this hotel and if has had a refurb since 2006 :?:
many thanks
rob
we are a family of 9 7adults and 2 kids going the end of sept. can anybody tell us is there any tea/coffee making facilities in the rooms. also will we need to take towels for the sunbeds. we went to lykia world in 2006 which was absolutely fab :D . we priced it up again for this year but it came up well expensive :( , hence why we are trying topkapi palace.
Topkapi palace is spot on.Towels are supplied free you get a clean towel everyday,there was no tea making facilities in the room but the lobby bar is open 24 hours and you can get tea and coffee there.There is a mini bar in the room stocked with soft drinks water and beer.We never ate in any of the a la carte restraunts as the buffet was superb loads of stuff being cooked fresh in front of you.Lots of russians in the hotel who can be very rude and aggressive and there is no shops or bars in the area those are the only bad points.We had a fantastic time and will go back sometime in the future.
Click Here to add a review or to write one if you've stayed here.

Many thanks :tup
Iv been there too and thought it was a great holiday. The reviews on trip advisor are mostly terrible and I have no idea why to be honhest! I would go there again and it is very reasonable compared to most hotels in Lara. I agree about lykia world it is wa y too pricey so am looking elsewhere for October this year. Does any one know which hotel around Lara area has the best slides?
Hi. I was looking at hotels last year in Lara and found the Royal Wings http://www.royalwingshotel.com/eng/index.swf to be amongst the best when it came to slides.

The small British minority put me off though as it's harder for the kids to make friends and often I find the clubs aren't geared to wards them then so we've opted for the Aqua Fantasy in Kusadasi this year.

We went to Lykia last year and loved it but it was too pricey for this year, and although the Royal Wings is a little cheaper and all inc as opposed to Lykia's full board plus, it's still quite and expensive option.
Hello ALL,

My parents are going here in Spetember and would like me to ask you what the hotel and resort are like?? I am not sure as only been to Icmeler. So can anybody give me any comments or advice on shops, restaurants, locality etc...

Much appreciated

Ruth :)
Merged with existing topic which has some information.

luci :wave
Thank you.

I will pass the information on, much appreciated.

Ruth.
anyone been to this hotel this year? was wondering what people have to say about it this year, going in september.
Can anyone teel me how much it is fro a late check out?

Merged with existing topic. Dazbo HT Mod
webbo200

i have found email address for you.
info@wowtopkapi.com
email them and you should be able to find out rates for late checkout rooms
Cheers jcarey2536, i have ready done that. The hotel has informed me that when you check in they will tell you if you can have a late ckeck out. All depends on how full the hoetl is?
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.