Cruises

Discussions relating to Cruising holidays
We were there a couple of years ago on the Oceana xmas cruise and thougt Tortola was a great place Roadtown is a very small place with a few shops but basically it is a stop off place for all the cruise ships. At the quaysidethere are loads of opensided taxis touting fo business . For about $10 each you can have a guided tour around the island aprox 15 people per taxi
theyshow you Bransons island adjacent to Tortola visit a rum distillery,and allow yu time on a beach which is famous (cant recall the name) on the other side of the island plus other various stops.
one place to visit in Roadtown is the famous Pussers Inn for ther famous spare ribs- knowing that we would be hving the usual 5 course cruise meal at night we had the starter portion size and this came as 9 meaty ribs!!
If we ever went there again this is the first place we would head to for the ribs
onthe way back to the quay there is a small supermarket which sells a lot of uk goods - very popular with the ships crew
If you need any further info please pm me
richard
Was it Cane Garden Beach Richard ?

I loved Tortola, but we had some heavy showers whilst trying to sunbathe, so take a mac or something ;) (Still warm though!)

We shared a mini bus with some other people we had met on the cruise and she took us on a tour of all the famous places. Was well worth doing and we just negotiated a price as we got off the ship as Richard has mentioned.

Pussers Landing is a lovely place and didnt seem as busy as Cane Garden Bay.

Wherever you go you am sure you will love it.

Kath HT Admin
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.