Goa Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Goa.
:yikes that is unbelievable, all that rain!
That is what the monsoon is all about - rain!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Rather be there in the rain than here any day.
It's lovely here we had seven days rain and we have just had a good few days of sun.

Even when you get soaked it's warm this is my second monsoon and it is wonderful, even better for catching those Red Snapper.

Mike
this is the 9th day with hardly any rain at all bit unusual nice and sunny and very humid managed to get the grandkids out to walk along the beach this weekend and last, no doubt this will change very quickly and the monsoon will make up for lost time, my 6th monsoon here and at the moment the best :tup
well now july the 2nd and still hardly any rain, for at least 3 weeks now some heavy downpours couple of days ago but nothing to speak off, again went swimming on sunday had a really good time (in a pool of course) sea is far to rough but the indians still go in it :que
Its nice having the sunshine,yet sometimes a little overcasted and of course the heat during the day.
But on a lighter note we need the rain aswell otherwisw big problems.
Welll .... I hope the rain gets very heavy soon and the monsoon arrives in full force!!!! :yikes We have been a couple of times in early November and caught the tail end of the monsoon, ie overcast and a little rain some afternoons.
I dont come to Goa for rain, I can get plenty of that in the UK :( I HATE rain - hot or cold!!!!
Anyway thats one of the reasons we dont fly out til late November now :tup
Gemma were you in Goa Good Friday last season ? boy did it rain :yikes
Well a few days rain in November isn't going to harm anyone is it? As long as it's not weeks on end!

I did experience two days with an hour of rain a few years back. Coincided with Rugby on TV so that was OK... first time I have ever watched TV during the day in Goa.
Well judging by the downpours we've had over the last few days down here, I think the Monsoon has lost its way and found it's way to us here!!
Goa has been quite nice recently, quite dry and sunny, it's a really nice change. There's only the occasional down pour and generally at night. Of course when ever you don't take your rain coat (and you're on the bike), that's when it rains!!! :(
Well, after 3 pleasant weeks of very little rain, and plenty of sunshine, the monsoon returned with a vengeance yesterday evening. Huge thunderstorm, lots of rain. and it's raining again today.
We had a phone call yesterday from our Landlady in Varca. She said they had some very heavy rain in the south. With roads flooded because the fields could not take anymore water.

The Navhind Times reports problems see here

http://www.navhindtimes.com/news.php also reports in the Herald.

Is anyone in the south at the moment
Lots of rain from last Tuesday night onwards, then a huge amount over the weekend - 8 inches yesterday alone. Back to heavy showers today. Quite a bit of localised flooding yeserday, but things are getting back to normal today.
Sounds a bit like the weather here in Liverpool.. :rofl
I'd say very damp in Goa, sat/sun 18hrs with no power, enough rain to sink a few hundred ships, road divisions due to trees falling, cyclonic winds in Salcete and anjuna whipping of tops of coconut trees, plenty of wide spread damage hardly back to normal batten down the hatches think we are in for a rough ride :cry
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.