General Holiday Enquiries, Hints and Tips

General Holiday Enquiries? Got General Hints & Tips? Post Them Here.
I've kept in touch with several people I've met over the years. With some, like a Scottish lady I met in Australia many years ago, it's just a case of exchanging Christmas cards, but I'm in fairly regular contact with several of the people I've met in Tunisia. One lady is getting married this year and I'm going to her wedding in Norfolk.
We met a loverly couple about 17years ago ray&dianne from wales still keep in touch even if it is only a xmas card every year would like to meet them again one day
As a child I went on a bus trip to Legoland in Denmark. On the trip were twin girls from Leeds 4 months older than me. I'm still in touch with one of them and am godmother to her 8 year old daughter although she's in Yorkshire and I'm near Glasgow so we don't see one another much.
myself and my better half have met some fab people in our 10 years of going to zante
and we regularly meet up with some in benidorm in january
or other wise again in zante
we also chat regularly on our message board http://www.alykes.com
Three years ago on a holiday in Kitzbuhel in Austria I was most put out when I saw in our room a note giving our table number for evening meal which said we would be sharing with Mr & Mrs ******

Well we gained a very good friendship with this couple and have remained in touch ever since. They live about an hour from where my mum lives and when we went to visit my mum last year they drove over to see us. We email and occassionally speak on the phone.

The hotel was a small hotel and grouped people together and many a good friendship was made during that holiday.
Yes, and we still exchange Christmas cards with folks we met on holiday over 25 years ago. The elctronic age means we can send greetings to folks all over the world.
I was going on a tour of China 15years ago and stayed overnight in a hotel at Gatwick I struck up a conversation with another single female traveller on the shuttle bus to the airport and it turned out she was going on the same tour, we became friends and have since gone away on numerous holidays together, I visit her almost every year in Wales where she lives and she visits me at my home in Germany.
  • Edited by Judith 2007-06-18 09:09:53
Many of us keep in touch through the Symivisitor chat page.
Made friends with a family we met three years ago and still friends now.

We have been on holiday together since and due to distances between our homes we are able to meet up every couple of months.

My mum still gets a xmas card from a couple we met in Malta 28 years ago!
we met a brilliant couple on holiday last year, we got on so well that we ate out together, spent the evenings in the bars buying each other cocktails and even went out in our hire car a few days on trips to the surrounding towns. we had a great holiday together and by the end of it we felt as if we had known them so much longer. having said this, apart from a few texts since we have not ''kept in touch'' as such, through choice as we kind of viewed it in the way you should look at holiday romances, good whilst it lasted but never the same once you get back home to real life, we have fab memories of that holiday and that is how we wanted to keep it
We met a couple in Greece many years ago and we got on really well. We met up a few times once we got home - they came to stay with us and we visited them. Sadly her cancer treatment was tough on them and they divorced. She remarried and has a little girl now. I speak to her a couple of times a year, although I confess that I've not seen her since she got married.
:D We met a couple from London,about 4 years ago( who had a son the same age as ours - the kids got on great, and were never bored!), since then, we have been to benidorm for 2 weeks with them, we meet up every year for a short break (Mon- fri), they are taking my son to Ireland for a week in the 6 weeks holiday, and we are taking their son with us on holiday next year!

Regards,BBB
We met a family on holiday in cuba in 2004, our Daughters became inseperable, we have been away together twice a year since then.

We only live about an hour and a half away so we see each other at least once a month for the weekend, and have become very good friends, feels like we have known them for a lot longer as we get on so well.
We have kept in touch with three couples from previous holidays. Two couples from our holiday in Cuba (only by cards though) and also a lovely young couple who we met on honeymoon in Mauritius. We have seen them three times since and chat frequently on the phone. We are arranging to meet up again soon as they have got a baby now, and we will also nip and see them on the way to Gatwick before our holidays.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.