Turkey Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Turkey.
Hi Kazd, the first holiday flights this year started on May 8th and so, apart from some ex-pats, it is going to be very quiet at the time you intend going. All the same, I will go and ask your question on another Forum to see if I can get more information for you.

Les
kazd,

The holiday season is normally May to end of October although some of the larger resorts such as Antalya are year round.

Darren
Tourist season for pretty much all the resorts in Turkey is 1st May to 31st October. If you go Easter time it will be very quiet as lots of bars and restaurants wont be open. The weather may not be brilliant either and the sea will be freezing!
As promised, I have obtained information for you kazd. The Beach Clubs don't open until the end of April. As for restaurants, there are some that stay open all year and being Easter, a few more are likely to join them.

Les
Thank you for yor responses. May have to re-think then. Having said that maybe could get villa with pool heat.
Are you fixed on Kalkan ? The only area that is seen as all year round is the areas served by flights into Antalya you would be more likely to get a villa over in that area and the weather might be marginally better. Resorts like Side, Belek, Lara Beach etc tend to be in the winter sun brochures as well as summer sun ones. Which makes the likelyhood of restaurants and shops to be open as well to serve any tourists that fancy a change from their hotels.

Doe :sun2
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.