Spain - Costa Del Sol/Gibraltar Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the Costa Del Sol.
Celine, Get a taxi.. It's not far (10 minutes) and the taxi driver will know where to drop you off. If you are near the beach the train station is one hell of a walk with cases if you get off the train at Torremolinos. Too many steps. OK if you are just out walking but definitely NOT with luggage. Also, you have to drag you cases over a footbridge to get to the train. It'll only be about 10 euros I think by cab.
The taxi is actually about €15-20 depending on the time of day, number of poeple and amount of luggage, whereas the train is €1.20 (£0.85). It is easy to know where to get off as there is an announcement board on the train and it tells you the name of the station as you come up to it. Torremolinos is after Los Alamos. I agree with the prefious person on it depending on where you are going. However, try it, the trains are very good. Tell me where your going and I will tell you which is best.
Why not get the train to Torremolinos and then get a cab (if necessary) from the train station to the hotel? Much cheaper this way.
I totally agree with sunnysenorita. Where you exit the station, if you walk 1 minute to the end of the pedestrian section you are at the taxi rank.
:D Hi thanks for your help

We staying at Flamingo Hotel which is just up road from train station apparently. :D
I know the hotel well. We stayed there last Wednesday (14th) the day before we completed on our house purchase out there. I know and like the hotel and it is 2 minutes from the train station and no steps or nasty hills. the assress is Avinida Isabel Manoja 9 and anyone will know where it is. Come out of the station and walk to the end of the pedestrian area carrying on the way you come out (only 1 exit) turn right and you will see a roundabout with a fountain on it. Cross the roan and turn right, take the 1st left after about 50 meters and the hotel is up there about 100 yards. As you turn right you will see it on the left. If you have the nerve, do me a favour and go into Banco Guipuzcoano (3 doors down) and tell Guxman that Phil Seymour is still am waiting for his Internet Banking pass codes.
Sorry the bank managers name was Guzman not Guxman but it would be a great help. His English is perfect.
:D Yes i will do that for you no problem we fly out at 4pm today so ill call in tomorrow for you
I know that the trains run every thirty minutes from Malaga but does anyone know what time they reach the airport station
12 and 42 minutes past the hour. They run between 7.30 and 23.30.
Thanks for the times does it take long to Torremolinos from the airport station.
I notice at the side of my messages there is an edit button am I doing something wrong when submitting
Not much of a change, I know, but new train times from Aeropuerto to Torremolinos are 14 and 44 past the hour.
PS Don't worry about the edit button. You're doing nothing wrong!
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.