Bulgaria Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Bulgaria
trakia gardens
14 Posts
Hi, havent stayed in the Trakia, but we called in a few times at the Trakia Plaza for a drink which uses the same facilities, the people we met there were all really pleased with the hotel, its about 5 min walk from the beach. 10 mins walk from the centre. Real nice bar just down the road , away from the centre called the Mexico, they do a 5 hour happy hour, 8-1am, enjoy, im sure you will, Paul.
Cheers Paul for the info
hi i am going to bulgaria next year in august and i was wondering if anyone had been to the hotel i am stopping at its called trakia gardens if anyone has been to it views would be much appreciated

also my mum is worried about the following could you tell me a bit about them if there is a problem please

1-ladys of the night
2-pick pockets
3-food
4-Pubs and bar closing times

thank you and look forward to your replies
Hello Matty,
Is the hotel in Sunny Beach? Look under hotel reviews, there's a trakia plaza so I presume they're connected. To answer your questions : we were there in Aug and had no problems with "ladies of the night" There are some erotic clubs and maybe, some women on the streets but they're not intrusive.
I'm not aware of a problem with pickpockets, there are some beggars and don't use the money changers. There are seperate threads on here about security.
There is all sorts of food available, there are lots of threads on that as well you need to surf a bit.
If it is SB then the pubs, bars are open 24/7 in season.
SB is fairly lively so if you're after a quiet holiday I wouldn't recomend it. We loved it.
here is the link for the Trakia Plaza. Have a look through the forum for some info. Hope you enjoy our forum!
Hi Fiona,

The Trakia Plaza appears to be part of the same group, but a different hotel from the nearby Trakia Gardens.

Extract from a review on another site- **extract removed**

Edit
sorry had to remove the extract - copyright problems.
Thanks Baldur- it does seem that the Plaza is different from the one needed.

Fiona
does anyone know if the waterpark is far from trakia gardens?
its not far 15-20 minute walk.there is a free mini bus that also takes you.
its a fab day out ,our family loved it.not too dear either.only £8-£9 all day .you can have 1/2 day.no food to be taken in but its cheap to eat and drink in there. :lol:
Just next to the Trakia Gardens is a great bar to check out, called the Mexico Bar, they do a 5 hour happy hour, buy one get one free
http://www.sunnybeach.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/Mexico.htm
Great place to start your night, Paul.
Hi,

I stayed at the 'Mena Palace' SUPERB HOTEL!!!

That was just down the road from the Trakia ( less than 3 mins)

The Trakia looks fine ( not been in tho)

It is near enough opposite the Mexico Bar, but near the Real Whitch is so cheap!!!!

Yours,
Brad 8)
Hi this is my 1st visit so hello to all :) ..i have been to Bulgaria the last 2yrs...love it, we had a great time The Corner Pub real friendly as are all the bars..We are going to the Trakia Gardens for our 2 weeks wondered if any one had stayed there and whats it like...thanks for any help regards
Diane 8)
Hi Diane and welcome to HT!

I have merged your post with an existing topic on the Traika Gardens and there is a little information in earlier posts.

Unfortunately we do not have any reviews for this hotel so would be delighted if you could post one on your return.

luci :wave
My mother-in-law stayed here twice and loved it. Spotless clean and staff and owners are really friendly and extremely helpful.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.