Turkey Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Turkey.
Transfer Time
9 Posts
Hi Sue

Taking a tour operators coach from airport to Icmeler could take anything between 2-4 hours :yikes depending on if they have stop offs in Marmaris before they get to Icmeler.

coaches stop for around 20 minutes then carry on to destination.

Hope this helps

Lynn
Thats seems a long time - what if you needed the loo :yikes do they have facilities on the coach?

Sue
The tour operators' coaches have a stop-off midway at a cafe where there are toilets etc. We did it the first time we went to Icmeler - never again! Since then, we've always gone for private transfers - worth every penny, as it's far far quicker and they don't stop (unless you ask them to - for toilet breaks, etc).
Hi Sue

None of the coaches I've been on every had loos. Thats what the 20 minute stop is for. ;)

I take a private hire now its only takes 90 minutes, but thats an extra expense when you have already paid TC for your transfer.

Lynn
Highly recommend the private transfers, in 2003 we got a private transfer, kids were asleep by 4.30am in the apartment, coach turned up at 7.30am with people off our flight, have always done private transfer since, last year we landed at 17:25 and we were having a drink at out apartment by 19:45 after unpacking

If you do use a private transfer please tell the Thomas Cook rep else they will wait for you thinking you are having luggage or customs issues, this will delay the other passengers.

Dave
We went with Thomas Cook to Icmeler last October and we arrived just after midnight in Dalaman.
We seemed to sit a while on the coach but when we finally set off we were at the stop off cafe in about 45minutes.
This is my pet hate especially at this time of the morning!
It only took around 40 minutes to get to Icmeler from here.The road is improving all the time and this is the best time to arrive as the traffic is fairly light compared to during the day.
The coach went straight to Icmeler and did not stop in Marmaris.We were 3rd to be dropped off.
Transfer time to Icmeler for me on the Bus is always 2 hours from when you leave the Airport night or day with that 15 minute refreshment stop.
Hi Sue,

You should be able to go to the loo in Dalaman airport before you pick the luggage up....if you are busting!

I think possibly you will be one of the first drop offs in Icmeler, hopefully they will not stop in Marmaris and so should take around 2 hours,

Weather is very hot out there at the moement and the lira is looking good, so have a great time.

Barb
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.