Turkey Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Turkey.
transfer times
8 Posts
would like to try turkey for a change but my husband hates long transfers.can anyone tell me the best resort with the shortest transfer time?
thanks
it depends on your definition of the best resort as everyone has their favourites, do you want someone lively and geared up to brits or do you want somewhere quiet, with fab scenery and more turkish. is a beach important to you etc, can you give us more info please

we love akyaka its 50 mins from dalaman airport has a lovely beach, fab scenery,good prices in the restaurants as its mainly a turkish resort, but is fairly laid back, so wouldnt suit someone that wants a lively place full of kareoke bars etc, but perfect for a chill holiday
Dalaman on the Turquoise feeds Calis, Ovacik and Hisaronu and takes about 50 minutes which I don't think is long going south and in travelling north Mamaris can be beached in 1 hou 10 minutes.

You will find the journey enjoyable as you pass through stunning mountain scenery and the trip does not appear that long - gone one book it it is well worth a litle inconvenience!!! :tup
The resorts on the Bodrum peninsular are all 30 - 40 minutes transfer by car, about an hour if you are on a package coach. there are all different resorts there from lively and bustling to quiet and laid back, it depends on what dort of holiday you are after.

Kedi
There are many lovely resort in Turkey, but if you want a short transfer time, no more than 30 minutes Dalyan must be one of the best.
The resort is on the river, the lovely beach is reached by a really nice boat ride, in beautiful scenery. A lot of the restaurants are in a great setting, with the river and ancient tombs lit up as the backdrop.
Who knows, once you've got your husband to try one resort, maybe he'll start to wonder what else he may be missing by restricting his holidays to places with short transfer times!
Below are appoximate times via a coach times will be much quicker via a car or mini bus transfer.
Approx. Transfer Times
Note also most of these buses will stop at a cafe on the way to your resort.

Dalaman Airport
Marmaris 2 hrs
Icmeler 2 hrs
Hisaronu/Ovacik 1 hr 45 mins
Olu Deniz 2 hrs
Calis Beach 1 hr 30 mins
Dalyan 1 hr
Turunc 3 hrs 15 mins
Kalkan 2 hrs 45mins

Bodrum Airport
Bodrum & Peninsula 45 mins
Gumbet 45 mins
Altinkum 1 hr 45 mins
Kusadasi 2 hrs
Marmaris 3 hrs
Icmeler 3 hrs
Turunc 3 hrs

Antalya Airport
Alanya 2 hrs
Antalya Town 30 mins
Belek 30 mins
Kemer 1 hr 30 mins
Side 1 hr
I would say that the nearest airport transfer would be to any of the resorts on Lara Beach near the Antalya airport...15 mins....the Lara beach area has many AI hotels and caters for package holidays.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.