America/Canada Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in America and Canada
transfers
17 Posts
Should be just about OK. It is a short walk between the terminals and no check-in or security required. If is an approved connection it should work.
We've done it with less time between flights at PHL. It's quite an easy airport to navigate.
Philadelphia

You will have to clear customs and immigration in Philadelphia.

Immigration is first, it's not the worst place to clear immigration by far! Newark and Miami I found far worse. Customs you just simply walk through and hand your form. Sometimes a short queue forms, but it's minimal (2mins at most).

There is security between the international and domestic terminal, but the queues are always short.

There's a reasonable distance to walk, but no buses or anything. Should only take about 10 minutes at most to walk over.

I prefer 2 hours or so to transfer, but we like to get something to eat (first Sbarro Pizza of the trip usually!). As long as you're not delayed you will be fine.
No immigration or customs clearance is required as "honkytonk" is departing from the USA. It is a short walk from one terminal to the other.
Arriving in the USA with an onward connection you would have to clear customs, immigration and security and about 90 minutes minimum would be required.
As long as the first flight is on time you should be OK. I would worry that they can get your bags from plane to plane in the short time.
If you're not changing airlines there should be no problem in connecting in 1 1/4hr or getting your bags transferred.
We are flying to Las Vegas from Amsterdam on Delta via Minneapolis,will our luggage go through to Vegas
or will we need to collect it at Minneapolis,we have a 2hr wait for our Las Vegas flight, will we be ok with this.?
Thanks
annx
Sadly you will have to collect it at Minneapolis clear customs and then drop it off at the baggage drop. No further check in required as yoou will already have your boarding cards. Shouldn't be a problem with the connection. Bonus is that when you get to Las Vegas you will just collect your bags and go; immigration will also have been cleared in Minneapolis.
A 2 hour connection should be fine. Minneapolis is much more user friendly than JFK or the major hubs.
Thank you both for helpful reply,s
annx
as folk said it was so easy plenty of time picked cases up already off the belt on to customs by the way if you bought any spirits or bottles you have to put them in your suitcase at philly not allowed in hand luggage on the return from vegas if you have walking difficulty make sure you get help its a fair walk granted its on the flat but its walkable
Hi , after our week in Las Vegas we are flying to Honolulu via LA both flights are with United Airlines
we have 52 mins between flights in LA !!!! will we make it?
thanks annx
Assuming your inbound flight is on time, I don't see why not. I don't believe you have to pick your luggage in-between flights. You are using the same airline for both flights so your outbound flight should be from the same terminal. If you did miss the flight, you would be put on the next available flight anyway (at no charge).
Thank you for putting my mind at rest,was hoping that our luggage would
go straight though as we are using the same airline.
would you know how much United Airway,s charge for each case,as we
booked separate for our flights within the US, flights from UK to Las Vegas and from JFK
back to the UK are with KLM and our luggage is included in the fare,
thanks again
annx
Hi thanks for all the information we are now home after our 4 week holiday,
no problem with any of the flights [9 in total] the baggage on United Airways
was $25 per bag
thanks again
annx
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.