Tour Operators and Travel Agents

Discussions regarding Tour Operators and Travel Agents
thanks for your help steve, all vouchers arrived today!
Is it only me who has trouble with TR website?

Everytime I try to do a new search, I find it doesn't put the search fields in properly so I end up with a half empty screen in the Search part of the page. Clicking any of the radio buttons doesn't effect any change, neither does refreshing the screen, clearing the cache or using a hard refresh...

I've put a link to how the search field looks here taken with the Snipping Tool on vista. It opens in a new window...

http://www.postimage.org/image.php?v=PqciLO0

Any help would be appreciated as I'm getting extremely fed up with it.
Hi cyprus100, can you tell me what browser you are using? I see you are on Vista. Expect you to say some version of IE or Firefox, but my IT chaps will ask!

Thanks Steve
Cyprus 100, I get the same trouble as you if I use the back space button to do a new search. However, if I just go to the home page I can start a new search all over again.
Having a bit of a nightmare with TR at the moment. Phoning tomorrow to give them a chance to sort this mess out (they moved our flight by 4 days but not our hotel). I will let you know how I get on as I too have been a loyal customer for many holidays now.
We booked our accomodation and parking with T Republic and were due to fly out on the 15th April. Which was obviously cancelled. T Republic have been very unfair. We wanted to travel three weeks later 6th May and there was no way they would just move the date three weeks. They cancelled our parking with Liverpool Airport so we lost £31. Even though on the liverpool website they would refund all lost Parking. And cancelled our Hotel 2 and a Half weeks later and kept back £50 our first nights stay.Plus all the time they were making their mind up on what to do. the new booking price was going up. So we had to fork out another £118 so a Total loss of £200 through no fault of our own. We`ve been a good customer of T Republic,and have used then to book probably 7 Holidays over the last 4 Years, But am seriously considering going elsewhere in the future, It doesn`t pay to be loyal.
Hi Maiseywales, I am sorry about this. These have been a real problem for us.

I think I have found your booking! Can you PM me so I can be sure? I think it was Salou for the hotel!

The car parking companies we use have really not been at all helpful. One has offered amendement to another date, or no refund (your one), and the other has offered either no refund or cancel for £10 cancellation charge. We have to ask on a case by case basis. We provided them with a full list of impacted bookings (including yours) on 22-Apr and they still havent advised what the 'case by case' cancellation charges are! I am meeting with them on Friday at which point I will either get the information we need or get out the big stick! So standby on this one.

It was a similar case with the hotel. We were advised by your provider that maximum cost woudl be one nights accommodation charge, but are not finding out for sure until they invoice us. Let me speak to our accounts team and see whether your hotel stay has been invoiced yet.

We havent really communicated this, because it is all so vague. (Like I have been above) I will try and push through the process that may or may not get some or all of your money back. But sorry, cant make any promises. But will advise all the same.

Steve
Phoned TR this morning they have efficiently resolved my booking problems :)
Sorry but I cant pm you as I keep getting "Sorry but you don't have the facility to compose a new PM"
can I put my booking ref on here
Hi maiseywales ... if Steve sends you a PM, you will be able to reply.

David :wave
Hi cyprus100, can you tell me what browser you are using? I see you are on Vista. Expect you to say some version of IE or Firefox, but my IT chaps will ask!

Thanks Steve

Hi Steve

I use 'em all, IE7, Firefox (latest upgrade, upgrades all the time) and Chrome - have the same problem in all those browsers :(
Unlike Shirley, going back to the home page doesn't make the slightest bit of difference.
Thanks cyprus100, my IT Director is investigating. Steve
Hi

I have booked a (very) cheap hol to Gran Canaria in Sept with Travel Republic. I have read some really bad reviews of the company online and am now a little worried! The main issue that I keep reading about is overbooking, people getting to their accom as booked and being refused rooms until a later date etc...
I have all of my confirmation and all of the details are as I booked and I really want to believe that this is the info that has been passed on to the hotel / the airline / the transfer company!!

Any help or advice or wise words are welcome.
Travel Republic generally act as an agent for different suppliers to whom they contract with and may not allways book directly with the hotel.

On your paperwork it will probably say something along the lines of ... travel reupblic act as agents for ..... and will then probably give some kind of reference number relating to that part that has been booked.

Hotels tend to blame the local agent in resort or travel agent who made the booking as it takes the pressure of them whilst dealing with it, even if it is the hotels fault which 99% of the time it is.

No matter who you book through, i don't believe anyone can guarantee a room as most companies will not have control as to how many bookings a hotel takes so if the hotel overbooks, very little that can be done about it as the only people who can honour bookings is the hotel and no one else, unless of course the agent or tour operator has their own allocation of rooms which is highly doubtfull for a travel agent to have this kind of agreement.
I might have been lucky but so far have never had problems with Travel Republic or indeed any of the other consolidators. I do, however, phone or e-mail the hotel direct about a week before arrival just to be certain and also to make sure they are aware of any special requests. I'm sure it's not necessary but it is a small price to pay to set my mind at rest. It's not worth doing it too early as the hotels often don't have the actual names of their guests until nearer the time.
Ah ok but thanks for the quick reply Leisurelad. The agent is Youtravel (whom I have not heard of ) so do you think it will be worth confirming with the hotel direct?
This is all very new to me as we have only ever been away on packages.

Aslemma ...I have just read you response and you have answered the question I have just asked so thanks for that too!
Glad you have had nothing but good experiences, that bodes well...
If your supplier is youtravel then you have little to worry about.

The company i work for use them almost everyday with little problems, again, any problems that do occur would only be due to down to the hotel itself overbooking, nothing me or you can do much about.

We use to deal with some spanish suppliers for accommodation in spain but got sick of them keep cancelling on us at the last minute or refusing to honour the rate that they had provided so we now deal with uk suppliers of which youtravel are our 2nd biggest supplier of accommodation.

Stop panicing and enjoy your hols

Thanks
another thumbs up for Travel republic. I've never had a problem with them and will use them again. In fact, I find them very helpful. Relax and look forward to your holiday :)
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.