Tour Operators and Travel Agents

Discussions regarding Tour Operators and Travel Agents
Hi Nics - I had a stress free booking with TR in May,and my family are off on Saturday (without me :cry ) on a TR booking to Egypt. I emailed the hotel to arrange an airport pick up and to put in my special requests the other day, and all is fine. I have another booking through them in November.

Just contact the hotel before you go to set your mind at rest, but there are lots of satisfied customers on this forum.
there are lots of satisfied customers on this forum

And I'm another one of them :D

I've used TR a lot for hotel bookings and never had a problem and last year found that it was cheaper to book our Jet2 flights to Tenerife through them rather than direct on Jet2's own website! Also, we need to request special assistance for my Mum and all that was arranged through TR and it went like clockwork - unlike with some TAs I could mention!

Every organisation or business can have it's bad days but I would always happily use TR again as they've proved very reliable and their prices are usually very competitive too.

SM
Thank you, it's great to hear positive feedback.
Glad so many have had good experiences, hope mine is the same!
If you have anything specific to your booking Nics1979, you can always ask me, either here or by PM.

I think I know the site you are talking about with the bad reviews. I try and help those posting, but they often post as 'guest' so I can only offer to help and provide my email address. I wish more would email me than actually do.

Steve
Thanks Steve

It's good to know there is someone to ask if needs be - I think it's a case of the fear of the unknown with me!
I have been totally reassured by the good folk of this forum tbh, just waiting for Sep to come round now...
Hi Nics, i haven't been posting recently, but feel that i want to reiterate what others have said re the excellent service offered by Travel republic. I have used them for years for total bookings of 6 month plus each year for Frank and I plus friends. Excellent service and very quick to handle any queries. Just stop worrying and enjoy every minute of your holiday! Jenny x
I've been trying to price up a couple of holidays on the website today but there seems to be something wrong with the system. I've tried a few destinations for package holidays and I get as far as selecting the package I require but then after a while of searching it says it cannot retrieve data :que It tells me to try a different holiday. Unfortunately, it's the same whichever hotel or destination I try. Hopefully Steve will read this and advise.
thanks
Hi Shirley, It may have been a blip because it seems to be working now.

Just a thought but for normal package holidays I also compere the relevant tour operators website for prices against the holiday TR are showing as TR usually add on credit/debit charges....Caz
cazb,
I'm still having problems. I can get so far but it won't take me all the way in the booking process. have you been able to go through it from beginning to end? It gives me a list of hotels and will even show me the room/board options (inc price) for the hotel I select but once I click 'Select Package', it takes ages searching and then gives me an error message.
I can go through to the page "Book this Holiday" okay, where the personal details are. :que
I can only think maybe certain holidays are not loading.
There still seem to be problems pricing up package holidays for 2011 on their website. I've been pming Steved1 and I think he's looking into it. I'm hoping to hear from him any time soon.
Still no word from Steve regarding the problem. Is anybody else experiencing problems? I think TR could be losing out on a few bookings for next year :think
steved1 has helped me yet again with my booking. thankyou steve and thankyou TR. will be using this great company for next years holiday too and i recommend them to everyone. thankyou
ali, if you're planning on booking next year's holiday anytime soon, I hope you have better luck than me. I agree Steve is very helpful and has been in touch to say that TR are aware there's a problem with their website. However, this has been going on for over a week now and nothing's changed. I've picked my holiday and priced it up with a number of companies but can't get to book with TR because I can't get as far as the booking page.

Tonight I've been in touch with my local travel agent to try and match the price and they've promised to ring me back. I'm definitely going to book tomorrow at the latest. It's just a shame that TR are missing out on bookings because they don't seem to know how to fix the website problem :que
shirley
i price it up on the web then i ring them and let them book it. i'm sure they will sort the site soon.
I've been having problems with TR's online booking for months now and nothing has changed.

It's very frustrating!

It starts off okay but if I want to perform a different search, then the self filling data either doesn't complete or the page just keeps loading but with no results.

I have managed to successfully book accommodation for September but was also looking at the possibility of taking my parents on a surprise trip to Cairo when they come out to Cyprus for their holidays in November.

Got some really good seat prices from Larnaca but can I get any info on TR - you've guessed it..... NO :cry
I booked accomodation with them Saturday afternoon no problem,it wasn't working friday night though.

Maryb
With all of this Goldtrail malarkey going on I saw something on the news tonight re ATOL/ABTA protection...I am booked to travel on a Tailor Made holiday with TR in Sept and I am wondering what sort of protection this trip will have? I have read through the TR website but it doesn't really clarify much.
Am I right in thinking that Tailor Made holidays are not ATOL protected at all? If our flight provider (Jet2) or accommodation provider (Youtravel) went under would we be totally out of pocket?
I have booked on my Mastercard if that makes a difference... and lastly would we be looked after in anyway if we were abroad and something happened?

Panicking over nothing I know but just wondering in light of the news bulletin this evening!
Hi Nics1979, I will try and answer. Rather than join in what will become a lengthy discussion, I will tell you what you have in place, having booked with Travelrepublic.

You have what we call 'Total Financial Protection', details of which can be accessed here:

http://www.travelrepublic.co.uk/help/totalFinancialProtection.aspx

If mods find link unacceptable, then you can access information from home page of Travelrepublic website!

Have you seen this section of the website and have some questions? If so, then please ask away!
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.